Vivo (CA)

vivoinc.com

Vivo (CA) Reviews

3.1

Marilyn Weinstein

Always a pleasure to enjoy going to work...

Pros

Fantastic coworkers who are not only hard working and intelligent but I would say it's a blast being around everyone. They are not only helpful but quite a fun bunch. i also enjoy working for a woman owned company, very refreshing.

Cons

Would love to be closer to the HQ office (currently in satellite office).

Great Company, Great People, Great Learning Experience!

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

The Ceo is fun and witty. Coworkers are super friendly and reliable. Higher staff are always open to suggestions and will teach you what you don't know. They paid for my class so that I could learn more about marketing to improve my career and help our company visually. I was given fun projects to keep me on my toes so that I was never bored. They also had great benefits.

Cons

Unfortunately, the 45 minute commute to work was the only reason I left.

Worst place I've ever worked!

Pros

It was not a good experience for me.

Cons

Very high- way too high- internal staff turnover, which is the opposite of what a good small company should have. The CEO is unable to retain any management level employees for any significant length of time. My experience there was, there was no stability, loyalty or recognition of a job well done over the long term. The CEO seems fun and witty at first, so can recruit people to join, but once you get in there, it's not what you expect, so unless they have no other options, people leave. She seems like the type of person who works on her own because she was unable to fit in a normal company where she'd have to interact with others on or above her level. Working at Vivo made me feel terrible, and as soon as I left, I obtained a new position where I was valued for my contributions, just as with my prior positions. Thank goodness!

There is no useful advice to management because the company is built around Marilyn and her personality, and she is not a reliable person to work for long term. My advice is only to potential employees- don't put your career eggs in this basket!!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Run! Vivo is only for people who want to be micro managed, bullied and under payed.

Pros

The offices are nice and the staff is friendly.

Cons

The company is managed poorly and people get hired and fired on a regular basis.

I have no advice for management. They are beyond help.

Easy Contractor Relationship

Former Employee - Network Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in San Jose, CA

Pros

My recruiter was very responsive to my emails and questions. Good contract role, good opportunity. Rate was what I wanted, didn't push me to take a lower one. I would definitely work with them again.

Cons

I wished that the position could have lasted longer than 1 year, but I understood it was a contract role. Not Vivo's fault, but one can hope.

It starts with management

Pros

Truly cares about providing great service to client companies AND consultants. From recruiters to sales to HR, actions are sincere in efforts to make clients and consultants happy.

The staff. Smart, quiet, loud, wacky, sassy, sweet, funny, lovely, sharp, neurotic, brooding, silly, serious... various personas and personalities make up the workforce.

Enhanced camaraderie and team-building activities. The work is fast-paced and anxiety-ridden so any excuse to take a breather and relax is on calendar. Also, snacks galore!

Values employees. Management is focused on enhancing employees' skills. Paid-for trainings at least once a year. Open door policy. Want new or additional responsibilities for skills growth? Just ask. Disagree on an idea? Chime up.

Fast course correction approach. Made a misstep? Company conducts gap analysis and involves the whole workforce right away to bring knowledge or awareness. No finger pointing. Just, "How do we prevent it from happening again?"

Nurturing management. Supportive AND direct. Management team is hands-on. They cheer for you. But they're also blunt when you've done something that could have been done better.

Cool CEO. The whole energy of the company, the values and vision, it really starts from the top.

Neat talent incubator. Spend a few months at Vivo and you'll gain so much skills you can bring to your next job, your hire-ability greatly increased.

Cons

Culture is specific. (Though I imagine most small companies are like this anyway.)

Small team size. If you're not used to being so visible, this place will jar your senses.

Last year was a revolving door for internal hires but this year, such astounding improvements. I think overall the company became more selective of who to bring into the company, find those who really share the company's vision and not just be used as a career stepping stone.

Ethical and Fair. All I really need in a consulting company

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Jose, CA

Pros

Vivo is highly responsive and cares a lot about their consultants. My company/Vivo's client prefers them for their straightforward approach, which makes me really comfortable too.

Cons

It's been a year since the last party. :)

Keep it up.

Severely lacking relationship with consultants

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Recruiting highly-skilled and in demand consultants.

Cons

1.Retaining consultants
    2.DOES NOT VALUE CONSULTANTS -high churn rate.
    3.Sacrifices productive relationship with consultants by under-compensating and unwillingness to adjust rates to market
    4.Clients suffer loss of valuable consultants.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Don't work here.

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

Comission structure is great! Unfortunately, you are fired before you can collect your commission.

Cons

The management is very petty, micromanagers and two faced. They're not very supportive, knowledgeable or flexible. It's mental abusive. It's the first job I've had where you are terminated when you fill your pipeline.

Marilyn Weinstien does this on purpose. You fill your pipeline with Candidates and instead of paying you commission, you are let go because "It's just not working out." I've seen the Account Executive and the Recruiter let go after making a placement with the same company so she wouldn't have to give up her 20%.

You're going to get sued if you keep this up.

Worked for Vivo (CA)? Contribute to the Community!