Vivo (CA) Reviews

Updated April 8, 2015
12 reviews filtered by
2.9
Marilyn Weinstein

1. Been here over 3 years and love what we built!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Vivo (CA) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've watched underperformers lie about their capabilities and then post on here when they get fired. I just have to say: you waste all of our time! We are all here to grow and make money. If you want to slack off, you are right, this is not the place for you. But, come and enjoy your coworkers. Work hard and be rewarded. That's who has made it!

Thank you Vivo for funding my training and career growth!

Cons

Some bad hires who we kept too long. :(

Advice to Management

Let me interview future sales people!

Very disappointing experience. Severely lacking professionalism within the company.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Vivo (CA) as a contractor

Pros

Only a few. Lined up an interview and placed me on the job. I got paid.

Cons

Terribly unprofessional. Know it all attitude while knowing very little about the job, technology, company, etc. Unprofessional when discussing rates. Junior level and poor management that doesn't seem to care and it shows.

Advice to Management

Care more about the employees who work projects for you. Give candidates the right level of information. Don't lower rates after coming to agreement. Return calls after an assignment begins. Train and hire more professional individuals to interact with highly skilled professionals.

3. Toxic!!! Avoid at all costs!!!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Vivo (CA) full-time

Pros

1. Unfortunately, there is none that I can think of.

Cons

The office culture is extremely toxic. No leadership, poor communication, very unengaging. Ridiculous expectations with very poor, unprofessional training. The interview said one thing about the job itself, then once put in the field it was completely different. Things dont get communicated properly then once you make a mistake management gets upset. The opportunities for growth/advancement are very slim to none and perfection is expected at all times. Discussions about raises and promotions are non-existent. No amount of pay or benefits could persuade me to work for this company ever again. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Advice to Management

Need to communicate better and connect with employees regularly instead of throwing them out to the wolves and stop playing favorites!

Always a pleasure to enjoy going to work...

I have been working at Vivo (CA) part-time

Pros

Fantastic coworkers who are not only hard working and intelligent but I would say it's a blast being around everyone. They are not only helpful but quite a fun bunch. i also enjoy working for a woman owned company, very refreshing.

Cons

Would love to be closer to the HQ office (currently in satellite office).

6. Great Company, Great People, Great Learning Experience!

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Vivo (CA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Ceo is fun and witty. Coworkers are super friendly and reliable. Higher staff are always open to suggestions and will teach you what you don't know. They paid for my class so that I could learn more about marketing to improve my career and help our company visually. I was given fun projects to keep me on my toes so that I was never bored. They also had great benefits.

Cons

Unfortunately, the 45 minute commute to work was the only reason I left.

Worst place I've ever worked!

I worked at Vivo (CA) full-time

Pros

It was not a good experience for me.

Cons

Very high- way too high- internal staff turnover, which is the opposite of what a good small company should have. The CEO is unable to retain any management level employees for any significant length of time. My experience there was, there was no stability, loyalty or recognition of a job well done over the long term. The CEO seems fun and witty at first, so can recruit people to join, but once you get in there, it's not what you expect, so unless they have no other options, people leave. She seems like the type of person who works on her own because she was unable to fit in a normal company where she'd have to interact with others on or above her level. Working at Vivo made me feel terrible, and as soon as I left, I obtained a new position where I was valued for my contributions, just as with my prior positions. Thank goodness!

Advice to Management

There is no useful advice to management because the company is built around Marilyn and her personality, and she is not a reliable person to work for long term. My advice is only to potential employees- don't put your career eggs in this basket!!

Run! Vivo is only for people who want to be micro managed, bullied and under payed.

I have been working at Vivo (CA) full-time

Pros

The offices are nice and the staff is friendly.

Cons

The company is managed poorly and people get hired and fired on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management. They are beyond help.

9. It starts with management

I have been working at Vivo (CA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Truly cares about providing great service to client companies AND consultants. From recruiters to sales to HR, actions are sincere in efforts to make clients and consultants happy.

The staff. Smart, quiet, loud, wacky, sassy, sweet, funny, lovely, sharp, neurotic, brooding, silly, serious... various personas and personalities make up the workforce.

Enhanced camaraderie and team-building activities. The work is fast-paced and anxiety-ridden so any excuse to take a breather and relax is on calendar. Also, snacks galore!

Values employees. Management is focused on enhancing employees' skills. Paid-for trainings at least once a year. Open door policy. Want new or additional responsibilities for skills growth? Just ask. Disagree on an idea? Chime up.

Fast course correction approach. Made a misstep? Company conducts gap analysis and involves the whole workforce right away to bring knowledge or awareness. No finger pointing. Just, "How do we prevent it from happening again?"

Nurturing management. Supportive AND direct. Management team is hands-on. They cheer for you. But they're also blunt when you've done something that could have been done better.

Cool CEO. The whole energy of the company, the values and vision, it really starts from the top.

Neat talent incubator. Spend a few months at Vivo and you'll gain so much skills you can bring to your next job, your hire-ability greatly increased.

Cons

Culture is specific. (Though I imagine most small companies are like this anyway.)

Small team size. If you're not used to being so visible, this place will jar your senses.

Last year was a revolving door for internal hires but this year, such astounding improvements. I think overall the company became more selective of who to bring into the company, find those who really share the company's vision and not just be used as a career stepping stone.

10. Easy Contractor Relationship

Former Contractor - Network Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Contractor - Network Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Vivo (CA) as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

My recruiter was very responsive to my emails and questions. Good contract role, good opportunity. Rate was what I wanted, didn't push me to take a lower one. I would definitely work with them again.

Cons

I wished that the position could have lasted longer than 1 year, but I understood it was a contract role. Not Vivo's fault, but one can hope.

11. Ethical and Fair. All I really need in a consulting company

Current Contractor - Project Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Contractor - Project Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Vivo (CA) as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vivo is highly responsive and cares a lot about their consultants. My company/Vivo's client prefers them for their straightforward approach, which makes me really comfortable too.

Cons

It's been a year since the last party. :)

Advice to Management

Keep it up.