Vodafone

Vodafone Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Vodafone CEO Vittorio A. Colao

Vittorio A. Colao

Pros:
  • "Great emphasis on diversity and work/life balance"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Good working environment, salary is more than avarage"
    in 26 reviews
Cons:
  • "No work life balance if you want to get ahead"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Rather than taking care of the development of front liners all the attentions goes to managers and Senior management staff"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Real Good Time Experience of Life Time......

Customer Relations Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Vodafone full-time

ProsAwesome Working Environment,Supportive Teams,Inspiring Management and much more which cant be expressed, only Experienced

ConsTraining Locations were very far which was time taking.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrequent Appraisals should be done for growth prospects.

Great experience, management practiced 2 way communication for important matters that would affect me

Information Security Consultant (Former Employee)
Tirana (Albania)

I worked at Vodafone full-time for more than 3 years

ProsInnovation hungry, market leaders in europe which helps them create better offers than the competition. Fair Performance Dialog and promotions. Great work environment. The yearly bonus comes when you need it the most:) during the summer vacation. You do not feel the hierarchy so much, the open space has made the vertical communication very easy.

Consthere are still some legacy issues with the management, even though they are fading away, if you stay long enough you will experience them.

Advice to Senior Managementthe performance of the team, work environment and overall results are all resumed to the individual and group work and synergy. There are plenty of highly prepared professionals in albania so do not make compromises during the hiring process.

Hectic company with hectic processes.

SAP Security and Compliance Specialist (Current Employee)
Budapest (Hungary)

I have been working at Vodafone full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVarious opportunity to learn from issues.

ConsPoor process designs and company does not take care about upgrade or improve the hardwares as much as it is required.

Advice to Senior ManagementChoose quality support instead of "cheap" support.

Comfortable but boring

Innovation Development Manager (Current Employee)
Düsseldorf (Germany)

I have been working at Vodafone full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGenerally speaking the people are very good (technically and humanly), it has a good work-life balance, salaries and benefits are slightly above average, geographical footprint opens some opportunities to rotate

ConsPolitics normally trumps ideas (above what´s should be expected from a technology company), lack of product strategy and leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote a cultural change that incentivizes risk taking and innovation

Not a place for long term

Deputy Manager (Current Employee)
Pune (India)

I have been working at Vodafone full-time for more than a year

ProsSalary - because usually the projects (aka services) start in a hurry, so negotiation on salary is a breeze.
Work Life balance - nobody cares to work more than 9 hrs for 5 days a week and working on holidays/weekends is not a culture (unless you are in a support project)

ConsProfessional career- gets wasted for the duration you are here.
Nobody takes responsibility.
Customer focus - you will forget this term after joining here.
Absolutely rustic processes for growth.
When you join this company you get a project (actually just opposite), and that is your life for ever. There is no policy for promotion, project change, growth etc.
Weeks, months, years goes by and you would realize - ohh, I haven't done anything!

Advice to Senior ManagementSee around and implement best practices.
Be responsible and make others feel responsible about their work.
Get a 'work-culture'

Once a fantastic company but now a complete shambles.

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vodafone full-time for more than 8 years

ProsYou could get away with murder because management didn't have a clue what they were doing.
If you like a 4 day working week this is the place for you. Very little was ever achieved on a Friday.
Good redundancy/compromise agreements - a lot of people only stay there because they are hoping to be made redundant.

ConsNobody picks up their phone or rarely reply to voicemails.
Process were convoluted.
A steady stream of redundancies on an annual/bi-annual basis (not a bad thing if you've been there a few years).
Bullies within management.
I have never worked for a company were the majority of people weren't willing to take ownership.
Meetings about meetings with little to no outcome from either. Your attendees would be late because they were in the queue at one of the coffee shops.
A market follower rather than a market leader and slow at doing that.
Better packages paid by their competitors and forget a decent pay rise if you're promoted. You will soon be paid significantly less than your peers who have joined from outside Vodafone.
Over priced canteen and the quality of the food is poor.
The work/life balance is appalling. You are expected to be contactable even whilst on leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementShed the weight, become agile, be innovative, empower employees.

good company

I have been working at Vodafone full-time

Prosvodafone provide good traning to their employee

Consthey provide less salary work is more

Poor internal training programs

Designer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vodafone full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots of access to cutting edge technology

ConsInternational working without the travel - difficult to work across timezones

Brilliant

Recruitment (Former Employee)
Newbury, England (UK)

I worked at Vodafone full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking environment is brillant, canteen great and colleagues professional and helpful always, variety of work to do and never bored

ConsParking always an issue and hot desking is not for everyone, very large campus and sometimes difficult to locate correct person

Fast moving environment

Commercial Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vodafone full-time for more than 5 years

Prosgood pay and conditions, great career opportunities if you're highly motivated, opportunities for working abroad, flexible working, staff discounts, fast-moving business, innovation is king, lots of variety, challenge and change.

ConsNewbury-centric, constant change can feel unsettling (but you get used to it!), don't expect anyone to tell you what to do or how to do it - you need to be highly-motivated and network like crazy to get on.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk - we are a global business and the world doesn't revolve around Newbury.

Worked for Vodafone? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vodafone reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vodafone CEO Vittorio A. Colao. All 329 reviews posted anonymously by Vodafone employees.