www.vodafone.com

Updated January 23, 2015
3.4

Vodafone CEO Vittorio A. Colao
Vittorio A. Colao

Pros
  • Great emphasis on diversity and work/life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Good hygiene factors - benefits and working environment (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance is a theoretical thing to be written down in annual reports (in 16 reviews)

• Bullying mentality, unwillingness to deliver bad news to senior management (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Worst organisation I have ever worked in

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Paddington, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Paddington, England (UK)

I have been working at Vodafone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

High salary
    Constant redundancies- results in payout

Cons

Management - No clue on next steps
    No career progression
    Full of politics to0 not get work done
    Some of management are undercover racists- Which HR know about but does not do anything

Either just sell the company like you want to, or close down- Everyone knows what your up too.

ok

Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Germany, TX
    Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Germany, TX

I have been working at Vodafone

Pros

good perks phone laptop great people

Cons

company to big to stand out

know your staff

I would not recommend working in vodafone global enterprise

I worked at Vodafone full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good work and life balance, good benefits, good people

Cons

Bad management, low salaries, difficult to have a career within the same company

I worked at Vodafone

Pros

Discount on tariffs for friends and family

Cons

To say you're just a number is an understatement.

Vodafone endlessly acquire other companies without really understanding how they operate, making poor decisions and lack of judgement.

Communication needs to be improved and they need to listen to their teams more, they know what they're talking about...

Political, Slow, Poor Value of Staff

Former Employee - Category Manager in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)
    Former Employee - Category Manager in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

I worked at Vodafone full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Global company name which is well admired as an industry leader that suppliers want to work with and align to the organisation.
    Staff phone.

Cons

No career progression or personal growth.
    Very poor value of staff.
    People very unhappy and dis-satisfied.
    No work life balance.
    Poor culture and environment.

They want everything, but will not give back anything

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Newbury, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Newbury, England (UK)

I have been working at Vodafone full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Chance to touch Enterprise level products

Cons

Very slow, not a good place to get promoted, the moment you complain about not being paid market rates-they start finding ways to cut your bonus and find faults with you.

Stop your snobbish culture and remember that the intelligent ones that are leaving Vodafone will one day come back to give you the returns with interest

Regular rounds of redundancies and bullying/disinterested management makes working there unattractive.

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Newbury, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Newbury, England (UK)

I worked at Vodafone full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good facilities and home working possibilities. A few good people left at the coal face make working there a bit more bearable.

Cons

Redundancies every 6 months so if you get past the end of March and end of sept then you're safe for another 6 months.
    Bullying management who are not aware of what their people actually do. They are driven by targets to get rid of people - never mind their performance.
    Regular knee jerk crises with little productive cross functional co-operative working due to everyone being 120% overloaded and lack of support from management.
    You are a very very small cog in a monstrous juggernaut.
    Basically not much fun to work there.

Do less better so you don't keep having to fire people.
    Incentivise your management to be more co-operative and less about losing staff and reducing costs.

Simply pathetic

Former Employee - Business Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Business Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Vodafone full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Facilities are very good: office is nice, convenient location, working from home is made easy

Cons

A disaster, no common sense and no culture that drives the company further.
    All managers think about how to save their positions, be more powerful (even if not more useful or productive) and not be blamed about the constant problems that come up, i.e. always making sure there is someone else to blame. Oh and meet the objectives, at any cost: even the company's interests' cost.
    Ambitious and proactive employees are seen as a threat and therefore put in a corner. There is no team spirit whatsoever with the exception of some small peer collaboration that is often overwhelmed by managers.
    Everyone seems to be looking for a new job and I believe that the main reason why the majority hasn't left yet is that Vodafone pays well enough, so other companies have a hard time matching salaries.
    HR is a ghost: all HR related issues are to be resolved with your Line Manager, who normally is the cause of those problems - so very helpful!! the only HR contact employees have is an HR call centre. Awful.
    My first week impression of Vodafone was confirmed everyday I stayed there: there is a Huge pink elephant in the room and nobody wants to talk about it!
    Definitely the worst company I've ever worked for in my life.

Not sure it's worth to make any recommendation to management, since I'm sure they know what the problem is and I'm sure they don't have any intention to solve it, simply because their interest aren't aligned with those of the company and that's partially HR's fault.
    Advice to HR would be: talk to people. Don't say "I'm sorry you are leaving" because if you really were sorry, you would have had this conversation before I resigned and tried to solve the problem.

Vodafone America's - Time for a Change

I worked at Vodafone full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large global wireless company with solid presence in Europe. Global sales salaries are good and international travel is a great perk. I found many good people who worked for the company that are still my friends today.

Cons

Introduction of a Global Product did not met it was global. Usually, it had a "limited roll-out" and we often asked customers to "take the journey with us". Sales credibility be would hurt when a product's "global availability" did not increase or the product went away. Even though it was a wireless company, some new products stood to undermine those revenues and thus had limited distribution and/or capabilities. However, sales was seldom told and had to find out the hard way as were told to "go sell these products."

The highly politically charged nature of the management team decimated the organization. Management promoted internal conflict as healthy and those in favor who treated co-workers with disdain were generally overlooked. The organization in a very short time transformed from a trusting, healthy, work life balanced, co-worker friendly workplace to one where distrust, lies and cronyism was rampant.

A severe shakeup of Vodafone America's management team is needed to restore trust in the organization.

Bad

I have been working at Vodafone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good brand, easy to engage with customer

Cons

Everything in UK, nothing in Asia

Invest more especially in HK and Singapore