Vogel Consulting

Add Photos

Rhona E. Vogel, CPA

My Ideal Job

Brookfield, WI

ProsVogel is a small environment that offers challenging and exciting opportunities for all employees. I have learned more and am responsible for more than I ever thought possible because of the owners willingness to share her knowledge and experiences with me.

ConsBecause of the high degree of client service required, there are times when the demands of the job may interfer with life balance. However, life balance is viewed as a two way street and there is always give and take going both ways.

I shouldn't have stayed as long as I did.

Brookfield, WI

ProsFree soda and snacks. Four weeks of vacation (earned from overtime during tax season) but limited as to when you can take it. Some of the managers actually care about employees, but are afraid of standing up to the owner to make things better.

ConsOperates like a public accounting firm - churn and burn. Doesn't care about employee morale at all and won't spend any money to make things better (like hire qualified managers). Expects a lot from employees but doesn't want to give much in return. The 401k and salaries are a joke considering the fact it's supposed to be an investment firm. No opportunity for bonus at the lower level and very minimal benefits.

Disappointing

Brookfield, WI

ProsThe challenges presented to me gave me an opportunity for growth. The client base is extraordinary and was enjoyable to work with.

ConsSenior management is demeaning to junior management, staff, and administrative staff. The work environment is very dysfunctional. I have worked in dysfunctional work enviroments before but this dysfunction tends to be from the top down not just an isolated case. The dysfunction is so great that many of the former employees have a "support" group that was formed after they left.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeriously look at the management style of senior management. There is something wrong and needs to be fixed.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst Place to Work!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brookfield, WI

ProsThe only positive thing I can say about Vogel is that it is a job in this tuff market

ConsManagers are the worst. They are not interested in anything anyone has to say to improve the work climate nor do they care what you may have going on. Directors will wait till the last minute to give those they surpervise the work that needs to be completed by the end of that day. The directors then leave and are not interested in how late their subordinates have to stay.
    BAD PLACE TO WORK!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect. Treat them as you expect them to treat you!!!!

Learning Opportunities Don’t Outweigh the Broke Culture - Look Elsewhere

Brookfield, WI

ProsEmployees have the opportunity to learn new skills and get exposure to a variety of tasks/disciplines starting on day one. I believe that I improved my technical abilities during my time at the company.

ConsMorale among employees is dismal. Worse, management does not seem to care about the morale issue and only a couple managers even acknowledge that a morale issue exists. Low morale seems to stem from the poor treatment of employees, vague and sometimes antagonistic communications from management, and extremely high staff turnover.

Management is structured so that employees have multiple bosses/directors, thus creating power struggles between directors. This undermines the mentoring relationship that managers and their direct staff should have.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe culture needs a complete overhaul if you want to attract and retain good people. Motivate people in a positive way; threats of job loss do not motivate people to do great work. Communicate openly and honestly with staff to build trust.

This website is a joke

ProsIt is clearly just a place for former (most likely terminated) employees to make immature and ridiculous complaints.

As a current and non-biased staff member, I would like to share that I very much enjoy my job at Vogel. I am challenged daily which helps me grow, I enjoy my coworkers, and management is always very flexible and understanding with any time off requests. I truly feel appreciated and that there is a place for me here as the company continues to grow.

ConsCan be demanding at times, but I didn't decide to work at an accounting firm thinking I would only be working 40 hours a week.

Worked for Vogel Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vogel Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vogel Consulting CEO Rhona E. Vogel, CPA. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Vogel Consulting employees.