Vohra Wound Physicians

Add Photos

Ameet Vohra, M.D.

Ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI was able to learn about wound care

ConsNot consitent with all the employees

Advice to Senior ManagementBe More consistent with all employees

Good initial impression, however, very greedy company overall

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat autonomy and hours. The pay is what you make of it. However, can be difficult to ramp up practice given other veteran Vohra Physicians in the area. They already have the better facilities covered. Thus the newbie gets to drive farther distances for smaller facilities and spends more time making less money.

ConsVery greedy company. They are not interested in keeping the physician happy or compromise. Rather they are only interested in bringing in profit. This may work for veteran employes but newbies often get a rough treatment. Experience very dependent on practice manager. I would not recommend this job unless it is your last option as a physician. They are incredibly two faced. Friendly and an apparent willing to discuss differences at first, but should any difficulty arise only look at their bottom line. Very disappointing management given that my immediate supervisor and colleagues were extremely supportive.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some compassion to the physicians and what they have to do.

almost a bait and switch

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Miami, FL

Proslow stress, some flexibility (but not as much as they claim), no call/weekends

ConsIncome much less than predicted. Many out of pocket expenses (all your own supplies!). Lots of driving. The EMR (their pride and joy) is clearly a home-brew project. It's not well designed and takes forever. And it's full of typos!! They completely disregarded my requests for practice area and have my driving much further than I agreed to when I signed my contract. No paid vacation. The health insurance offered is terrible and expensive. The bottom line- this is a company, not a medical practice. The doctors are just pieces in their puzzle, and are totally replaceable. They care only about keeping the nursing homes happy, and not at all about taking care of their doctors.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your doctors more. Remind practice managers not to treat their doctors like an annoyance. Be more up front about all the hidden costs.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Outstanding Career Opportunity

Physician/Surgeon (Current Employee)

ProsComplete autonomy, flexible schedule, no on-call, no nights, no weekends. I essentially run my own practice in conjunction with my practice manager. I get a tremendous amount of satisfaction from my job and am definitely making a great impact on the care that my patients receive. The executive team is wonderful. First-class clinicians and even better people! They are always there to answer questions and help out in any way. The compensation is outstanding.

ConsA fair amount of driving is required for this job, but honestly, that is really the only drawback that I can mention.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and continue recruiting high quality, ambitious physicians.

Frustrating

ProsNo call, no nights no weekends. Important service to underserved population. Pretty good internal EMR. Company run 100% by physicians. Corporate office generally helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Cons100% fee for service. No physician control over patient volume. Lonely practice environment where it is challenging to get good input on difficult cases. Most important: Reimbursement projections given during recruitment process are extremely overly optimistic. Little to no opportunity for advancement within company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore realistic income projections during recruitment would have been nice.

Untrustworthy, unprofessional, clueless

Practice Manager (Former Employee)

ProsIf you like working 70 hours a week this may be a pro

ConsThey work very hard to keep you from making a bonus. Your income is based on corporate whims. Sleepless nights are part of the package, and don't expect anyone will have your back.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe upfront about the job so a potential employee can make a sound decision. Don't change the rules mid stream and if you want to keep talent, treat them with a little respect.

Opportunity to improve the health care in communities we serve and working with dynamic group of physicians

ProsWe improve the standard of care in communities we serve and work with physicians who have similar interest and enthusiam

ConsChange is always slow as it requires time needed to educate physicians and others in the health system not familiar with new models.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. so we can keep looking back at all that we have accomplished.

Leech of society

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPredictable work hours, decent amount of driving, no night call or weekend call

ConsCompany only care about money, so the emphasis is on pleasing facility staffs as opposed to patient's welfare or physician's

May 31, 2013Marketing Manager

Unfortunate to hear of your experience, but everyone's perspective is relative. Our physicians provide a critical and in-demand service to an underserved population. Our business mission is to ... More

Potentially lucrative, but a frustrating work experience

Wound Physician (Former Employee)

ProsPredictable hours with no night-call or emergency responsibilities.

ConsWorking with the various nursing facility staffs is often associated with difficult personalities and incompetent nurses. Vohra is focused on pleasing the facility nursing staff at the expense of the physician's preferences. Physicians are judged harshly while the facility nursing staff and administrators are favored.

Advice to Senior ManagementPhysicians put up with significant disorganization and incompetence in the various nursing facilities yet the company does not reward or support the physicians sufficiently.

Mar 7, 2013Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. It is unfortunate to hear of your experience with our facility partners. We listen to our employees and value your feedback. We continually work to improve dialogue amongst ... More

Very rewarding clinically while providing optimal balance of personal life

Physician (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsAllows me to improve the standard of care delivered to nursing home patients in my community

ConsLimited to working monday to Friday.

Mar 7, 2013Marketing Manager

Thank you for the feedback. It is our mission to provide optimal wound care management to nursing facility residents throughout the US. We continually seek to improve our services, physician ... More

Worked for Vohra Wound Physicians? Contribute to the Community!