VoiceLog

Jim Veilleux

it's a job

Former Employee - TPV in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - TPV in Austin, TX

I worked at VoiceLog as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

you can chose your own hours

Cons

salary does not change. company does not give raises your an independent contractor with no benifits

be more employee friendly. Its the agents that keep vl going.

Not a good work environment. Enter at your own risk!

Former Employee - Order Verifier in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Order Verifier in San Antonio, TX

I worked at VoiceLog part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The work is easy, you can set your own hours according to the needs of the company. You work every other weekend (if there are any hours). The company has potential but management is disorganized which makes working for them complicated.

Cons

This is by far the worst work from home job I have ever had. They are disorganized to say the least. I went through the interview process, waited about a month to hear back from them to start training after the background check. Had a two day training and then started working for a couple of weeks with a schedule that was made by the scheduler and then was informed that we would be picking our own schedules, after that there were never any hours available. My group got the "scraps" after the other groups picked their hours because we were hired last. The group I trained with was hired for a specific account and then told after we started that the account was pushed back until 2015 and because of this there was not enough hours to go around. Ridiculous!

Why hire people if you didn't have the start date confirmed with the company? And that's not all, you have to print, sign and mail back to them a bunch of documents and send it USPS Priority Mail. I completed that step and then received an email from the trainer weeks later that I had to resend ALL of the documents. Apparently he sent me the wrong documents to sign and print. WHAT!?! I don't have money to waste because your company is disorganized and due to their error I was terminated. If you choose to work for this company good luck you have been warned!

Like they say, it's never the work, it's the people that are the problem. If the head is messed up the body will be too.

The management team needs to be revamped, clearly what once may have worked is no longer working. Some of them have been in position for a long time and think they can treat and speak to others any type of way. Miscommunication is bringing the company down and will continue to bring it down if not addressed.

Don't Waste Your Time

Current Employee - TPV in Westchester, CA
    Current Employee - TPV in Westchester, CA

I have been working at VoiceLog

Pros

Low call volume, easy script reading, answer approximately 8 calls per hour, work from home.

Cons

Upon hiring Company claimed they were waiting for a big contract and hours would be available. The first 2 weeks was a manual schedule so I was given 12 hours a week for those weeks. After they released the scheduler allowing me to schedule my own hours the hours were simply not available. However, the first Wednesday I wasn't notified until I asked a question and by then the hours were gone. The following week I was able to select a meager 6 hours. And my final week I was able to grab 22 hours because someone took off or left. After I completed the hours I received an email stating my contract was terminated. No reason as to why, no specific call review, simply no contact at all. Then sent me numerous emails stating they had available hours. I had to send several emails requesting they remove me from their mailing list. This company is very unprofessional in handling independent operators. Not to mention you have to obtain another home phone line and actually take incoming calls through this phone. I actually incurred an expense and combined with the low pay I basically broke even. . I'm sure they lose very good people due to the lack of hours, low pay, and non-communication. It was a total waste of time as I didn't earn any real pay and I actually turned down an employer thinking this was a good deal. I've since moved on and I'm happy I did.

Be honest about the hour availability and communicate with your staff. The training lasted 1 day and it was completely rushed. You don't provide enough hours for an employee to get a better start.

Changed earlier review

Former Employee - Third Party Verifier
    Former Employee - Third Party Verifier

I worked at VoiceLog as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

legit work, decent pay, set own hours, low stress

Cons

no advancement, no communication, will terminate you with no reason or warning, will not respond to emails/calls when they are done with you, unpaid training, competitive scheduling, no benefits

Communicate with employees and let them know where they are in the job and how they are doing. Give them a chance to improve. Be more up front about how the schedule is done in the interview, that is a rude surprise.

They'll Use You, Abuse You, and then Drop You Like A Hot Potato

Former Employee - Verification Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Verification Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at VoiceLog part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work was usually super easy! You read a script of about 4-8 questions. Sometimes you took 4-7 calls an hour so there was plenty of time to chill and do other things. They never monitored your calls much during the three years I worked there.

Cons

The LDCB reps were the worst to deal with! One rep that I dealt with was verbally and emotionally abusive. I reported this rep but Voicelog was so wimpy and afraid they would lose LDCB as a client they ignored my complaints. They are supposed to file a complaint with the client but nothing happened so for three years I was abusive by this one rep. There were a few other reps from LDCB that were abusive but not as severe as this one. Another client WGES had some abusive reps who did NOT know how to do their part of the verification process and would make all sorts of demands and talk to the customer when they were not allowed to. I had to fail the verification and the reps would abuse me. They would also try to verify orders with customers who could not speak English. I was let go a month ago with no reason. I got an email saying my contract was terminated. They have no phone number to call them and they will not respond when you email them. I was a good employee and I worked at least five to ten extra hours every week. When they were desperate to get somebody to answer their phones at 8pm on a Saturday night they would email or instant message me and I was always more than glad to help them. And they repay me but firing me without any notice and blow me off. The scheduling thing was a nightmare and my hours were cut off too. I spent the whole day at my computer waiting to get the email that would let me I could log in to pick me hours for next week. They might be going out of business!!!

Treat people with respect and dignity!!! Have a phone number that employees at home can call if they need help. Answer your emails.

A horrid nightmare I can't wait to escape from

Current Employee - VERIFICATION OPERATOR in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - VERIFICATION OPERATOR in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at VoiceLog as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any

Cons

Management will not respond to email, even email that is related to the work I'm doing for them. To get hours to work you have to wait until you get an email to go into the internet schedule to get your hours. This can happen anytime from Wednesday to Thursday. You can be penalized if you go in early. So you wait and wait for this email and if you miss it by an hour then you simply do not get to work the next week. ALL agents are in there getting hours and you can see as the hours dissapear from the schedule. I have email multi times and asked if this could be narrowed down to which day the email will be sent out, no reply, I have emailed and asked if this time could be narrowed down to at least the day wednesday or thursday and morning, evening etc, no reply. This dog eat dog system for getting hours is not fair to the employees that have put in there time and have tenure. This is wasting so much of my time and it just monopolizes 2 whole days for me with NO compensation. This is the most heartless, inconsiderate company that I have ever had the displeasure of working for. I'm about to lose everything I own, my family has to buy most of my food and paying the internet and phone bill is getting impossible. I know this is hard to believe but its true, before this system was in place I was getting 30 to 40 hours per week. Now I have full weeks at a time that I can't work because I missed that email and they won't tell me when they are going to send it and they won't even narrow it down to at least wednesday or thursday so I'm stuck both days wasting my time looking for email from this heartless company. PLEASE can anyone help with this? Tell who I can talk to or at least email so I can let them know what is going on, this can't be right to treat people like this. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!