VoiceNation Reviews

Reset
3.6
VoiceNation President Jay Reeder
Jay Reeder

1. This job has truly changed my life, and I know I will gain knowledge I need to be a better person and a better worker!

Current Employee - Staff Support Administrative Assistant in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Staff Support Administrative Assistant in Buford, GA

I have been working at VoiceNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love this company because it is based off the people and the growth of the people. For the first time in my 10 years of working I feel like I matter, like my work matters. Here is a place where you grow as a person, as a worker, and as a leader! Its truly a blessing to be apart of Jay Reeder's team, he is a true inspiration/innovator that I am truly grateful for the opportunity to be apart of his vision! Jay motivates me to be better, and to go after my dreams no matter how big they are! It is all possible! I have found a place where I feel like I have a family thats determined to help me be better, and determined to help me propser in life! I've finally found a job that I feel like I could be apart of forever!

Cons

I hate to get on here and see former employees lie about the job because they aren't here anymore for whatever reason. They claim that Jay Reeder forces some religion on them and blah blah blah. Thats lies. Jay and his team of Staff Development leaders are there to help you be the best you, you can possibly be. They provide studies that help you look within yourself, and see if you need to change anything to become a better person. I hate that because some people just came for a check that they will put the company under the rug because they couldn't fit in with the companies main mission, and thats people growth. From jump you all didn't fit in that culture, you pretended to and the fake only got you so far before everyone noticed it. So give your self a bad review for stepping into a company just for the money! Its clear some of you all still don't have a good job which is why you have time to come on here and write bogus reviews, because you're sour that you messed up the job of a lifetime.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on your peoples growth, and the empowerment of changing lifes by giving blessings. I am a fond believer that when you give, you get back 2 fold and if you ask me thats exactly what is happening at VoiceNation. Keep culture at the top of the list so that all who enters VoiceNation can unite as a team and move in ways other companies cannot because they don't have these core values that we represent! Overall keep being a growing company that inspires everyone apart of it to be better and do better!

2. A place to build your career, not your resume.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

I have been working at VoiceNation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

VoiceNation employees treat each other like family. The company will go above and beyond to invest in staff. If there is something you need in order to be better at your job, all you have to do is ask. Management team is always very helpful and the culture is fun and engaging. It is easy to tell the company puts a lot of time into planning company meetings and events to make sure staff enjoys themselves and learns something. Company is on top of technology and are big on being innovative. Awesome volunteer opportunities if you like to volunteer.

Cons

I hate to read the negative reviews because they aren't true. So many people just "take the job to get paid" and don't understand VoiceNation is so much more involved than that. They want you to grow and build your career, not treat it like a short term job.

Advice to Management

Stay involved with staff. Culture is fun. Continue to offer volunteer opportunities.

3. If you arent desperate, look elsewhere

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Buford, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Buford, GA

I worked at VoiceNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Starting pay is ok. The work is easy and takes minimal effort. Free food.

Cons

Well for starters, this job is arguably one of the most boring you will ever find. Your training period is nothing short of just doing your job and hoping you do it correctly. The main problem i have with this company is the overwhelming amount of phony, fishy, and downright disgusting companies they work with. These companies are the lowest of the low in terms of integrity and how they make their money. Which is why they obviously need voicenation to answer. Every call is a complaint that you cannot do anything about. So realistically youre there to answer the phones and hope you dont get yelled at. Do not think you are exempt from working the hours you state you are not available for. They will schedule your for those hours more than your actual availabilty. Overall, this place is ok if youre in a bind but you wont come out with anything positive from this place of work.

Advice to Management

Have some integrity and take a good look at your clients. Working with scam artists is bad for Business. And please, atleast try and accomodate to your employees availabilty instead of putting them all over the place even after they repeatedly have to explain to you when they are available. You know who you are.

5. It's bogus, the epitome of bad habits

Current Employee - Current Employee in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Buford, GA

I have been working at VoiceNation

Pros

The vacation time and getting to know a diverse group of people

Cons

They are not trustworthy. I've seen lots of great people be canned without even given proper training for their positions. They try to instill culture they don't practice at all to make sure whoever is at the company stays on their side.

Advice to Management

Don't have underhanded, bitter and selfish people try to teach about bad habits. That itself is a bad habit. Stop forcing your ideas on people who JUST WANT A JOB. I didn't come here to be taught life lessons, my pastor and experience can do that. Lastly....have a seat. You people have made remarks about the staff that you think never got out. But it has and we know how you feel. If we don't buy in to your crap...we're gone. So you need to know that 80% of us are just nodding and participating for our check to remain stable.

One of the best places to work.

I have been working at VoiceNation full-time

Pros

Incredibly friendly environment that encourages and pushes their staff to grow in character, skill, and integrity. They strive to create a fun work place and to not get caught in the mundane. Each employee is encouraged to try for big things and not be afraid of failure. They train and teach and put their employees growth as priority.

Cons

You definitely stay busy when you work here. Some would maybe consider that a con, but I think it's ideal.

7. Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Buford, GA

I have been working at VoiceNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

VoiceNation is a company that really pushes their employees to the best they can possibly be both professionally and individually. The fully stocked kitchen is awesome, along with all of the fun activities and community outreach programs they are involved in. I enjoy working for a company that doesn't mind working for you.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work you are doing for your employees and the community!!!!!

It was a brain washing dictatorship.

I worked at VoiceNation full-time

Pros

Leaving the company! Nothing good comes out of that place. The turn over just proves it.

Cons

They brainwash you from day one at the interview. You never get paid what they say you will. They take it away at the drop of a hat. The management is horrendous. The call center director was a nightmare to work for. If you weren't liked you better look for another job. Even if you were liked a knife in the back was just a moment away if it suited the managers need. The CEO forced his religion at every turn. If you didn't agree don't say anything or you will get fired. On more than one occasion guns were given as gifts at work functions or in the work place. The open door policy is a joke, if you disagree with what you are being told keep your mouth shut or expect to find another job. When an employee was fired we would be forced to go out to review sites like this and bombarded them with good reviews to cover up the truth.

Advice to Management

Don't preach what you won't practice.

9. Great Company, Great Staff, Great Environment

I have been working at VoiceNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

VoiceNation is focused on personal growth and development. They are intentional about creating a positive atmosphere and a place where people can enjoy coming to work. Good benefits, great pay, fully stocked kitchen (saves me tons of money since I don't have to buy my own breakfast or lunch anymore!), community outreach opportunities, fun activities and meetings, random treats, games, and prizes are provided on a regular basis, etc. I love my job and feel blessed to be able to do what I do for a living.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in personal development!

Stay away

I have been working at VoiceNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pros is the stocked kitchen

Cons

CEO, Jay Reeder thinks he is better than everyone. Pushes his religious views on everyone - and don't dare disagree with him. High turnover rate due to all the drama (even though they say there is no drama and pretends there is a $1/hr bonus if you have no drama!). Management will instruct you to perform tasks and when it isn't right or you are not trained for it, you will be the one thrown under the bus and fired. The other reviews are true, you are constantly walking on eggshells, because what may be right today, will be wrong tomorrow. There is no professionalism. The staff (managers) are 2 faced. HR makes unauthorized deductions out of your paycheck. Management will snap their fingers at you (as was reported). Will talk down to you as though you are an idiot. It's an OK job until you can find something better, but ONLY if you are desperate. When I was hired, I was forced to give a good review and management had to approve it. But now, I can be really honest and not have my name broadcasted. Otherwise, I'd be fired immediately.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff as people, not as robots. You are supposed to be a Christian company, then treat others as you would want to be treated - with compassion. Jay Reeder, you are not always right nor are you superior to any of your employees. Voicenation is not a day care - office staff need to leave their children AT HOME. Be understanding if someone gets stuck in traffic, you pay the call center staff peanuts and a lot of these are family/single parent homes. You are more concerned with doing good works if you can be seen. If you notice, all these reviews are from employees less than 1 year - why do you think that is?

Not what it seems

I worked at VoiceNation

Pros

There are no pros. Company is full of drama. Always worried about someone tattling and the president thinking he is better than everyone

Cons

Everything. To keep your job you are forced to write a positive review and have it reviewed by management for this site. More concerned with people seeing good works instead of practicing compassion and understanding to their staff

RSS Feed </> Embed