Voith

Updated Mar 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Hermut Kormann

It was an awesome experience working here

Software Developer (Former Employee)
Wilson, NC

I worked at Voith full-time for more than a year

ProsGrowth opportunities, Work environment, Colleagues, benefits, work life balance

ConsLow salary, Work location, internal politics,

Voith Rating

Lead Service Line Manager (Former Employee)
Denton, TX

I worked at Voith full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat relations and friendships with the customer

ConsUnfair decisions, and no consideration for the truth

Advice to Senior ManagementListen before making knee-jerk decisions

Top rated group of contracted workers that are underpaid.

Zeeland, MI

I have been working at Voith as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsGreat coworkers. Voith workers are contracted and support each other.

ConsLow pay and no chance of ever getting a raise. Six years without a pay increase. Voith's only concern is for the client with total disregard for it's own people. Voith employees are contracted to take the blame.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your "employees have no rights" attitude.

Uncomfortable environment. Work hard, but don't expect recognition for your efforts.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Voith full-time

ProsThe benefit package is well above the norm and pay is good.

ConsPoor communication within organization. Environment triggers negativity and distrust amongst co-workers. Rumors run rampant from lack of communication by managers. No recognition for going above and beyond.

Advice to Senior ManagementRequire that your managers (at all levels) go through communication training and then hold them accountable for their interaction with their employees. Get rid of the managers who feel they are above that basic function as they are not helping you succeed. Employees are afraid all the time of what they don't know - so keep them informed and you will have a much more productive work environment. Time in a job does not mean a person makes a good manager. Be more selective and make sure they have the people skills as well as the technical skills.

Good Company Lacks Diversity In Managment

Current Employee (Current Employee)

I have been working at Voith full-time for more than 5 years

ProsUnion company; Voith is always striving to do more and be better than their competitors so there are many different things to be involved in, most of the management staff tries to be fair and do the right thing. Voith recognizes that while education is important there are other cotributing factors therefore a college degree isn't necessary for advancement within management.

ConsThere is no human resource department on site only located at corporate office, the management staff is composed of the typical "white males"; work is contractual job bids from different automotive companies as contract comes to an end there is the unknowing of whether "said company" will renew contract; voith rarely promotes within, few women or black males in management and no black women in management.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't punish your employees because they are hard workers by keeping them stuck in their current roles without being given the opportunity to advance. Not all janitors and booth cleaners are uneducated individuals most have the potential to be more and become more; and please stop the nepotism!

No communication between department leaders

York, PA

ConsNo diversity
Low Morale
No coordination
No management support
No avenue to discuss problems and solutions with management

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall disappointment and frustration due to internal communication and coordination. Ageing workforce is not eager to train younger generation. Very stressful environment. Very political. Will suffer as young technical graduates will choose more progressive work enviroments. Work life balance is not encouraged.

Voith York A very Poor place to work

York, PA

I have been working at Voith

ProsThe salary and benefits are above average for the area and the chance for career development are good. Th facility is nice and has been remodeled.

ConsThe management at higher levels are rude and runs the place like a dictatorship. People have been "let go" for just questioning their supervisor. There is little to no confidence in the management team and the stress level is higher than anyplace I have ever worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Your biggest assets is your workforce so work with them. Be honest and open to everyone and do what you say you are going to do. Stop changing planes in mid stream and micro managing.

Good salary, not so good carreer opportunities

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I worked at Voith full-time for more than a year

ProsI think the best reason to work in Voith is the possibility to learn a lot on Voith markets and to have a good initial income (higher than the average).

ConsI suppose that carreer opportunities are not really good. It is quite hard to get a promotion or an income increase. If you are not from the core-business areas (in my case, I was in IT), the chance to develop yourself is quite low.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more on your employees to retain talents across all the areas.

Controlling

Financial and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
Paris (France)

I have been working at Voith as an intern for less than a year

Prosto get experiences more and more

Consno no no n onon ono

Basic process engineering of stock preparation

Process Engineer (Current Employee)
Kunshan, Jiangsu (China)

I have been working at Voith full-time for more than a year

ProsVoith Paper is a pioneering company in pulp and paper industry.

ConsCost control is pulling high-end brand down.

Worked for Voith? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Voith reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Voith CEO Hermut Kormann. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Voith employees.