Volkswagen

Volkswagen Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Volkswagen Chairman Management Board Martin Winterkorn

Martin Winterkorn

Pros
  • Biggest brand name in Auto industry(in 3 reviews)

• Future Good company for existing employee irrespective of profit of organisation(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • German culture too strong and sometimes difficult the work(in 5 reviews)

• Take time to deal with HQ in Wolfsburg(in 3 reviews)

Wonderful place to work

ProsPeople share a passion for the brand

ConsCan't seem to think of one

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, and we will be the number one product in a few years.

VW

ProsGood people to work with

ConsNo career advance, felt stuck

Opportunities are not what I expected

ProsThe people are fantastic to work with and the company is genuine in its caring for the customer.

ConsI was advised I would be able to move through positions quickly and increase my rate as I went. I am now in my third position and my rate has not increased at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more up front about the opportunities that are available to the worker.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great pay but not worth the drama over and over if you have self respect

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat pay/laid back work when management absent

Consmanagement superiority complex, high schoolish drama, fear tatics and the blame game a normal thing

Advice to Senior Managementstop hiring idiots who capped out in high school be in charge cause most of the time their disrespectful bullies who are costing your company customers but blaming their underlings

Had a great time during an Internship.

Parts Logistics Intern (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsVery Busy and Competitive environment. Always working on the next goal. opportunity for advancement. Great co-workers. Awesome place to work.

Consi don't see any. :)

Good company to work for

ProsGood salary,good Medical/dental, recognized employer Group

ConsNot much room to grow

Advice to Senior ManagementIf people can't advance in their career, they should get an increase in their salary

Good to learn as beginner but not a pay master!

Manager QA (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsBiggest brand name in Auto industry

ConsAlmost everything is alright but not a pay master.

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA real buzz in the office and great team work
    Great perks to the job

ConsThe brands can feel quite separated

Easy Internship, but lacked training

Intern In International Customer Service (Former Employee) Kassel (Germany)

Pros- Great atmosphere in the office; nice and helpful coworkers
    - Flexible work hours; 35 hour work week (and no overtime)

Cons- The on-the-job training was the bare minimum and had to figure a lot of stuff out on my own
    - Not enough work to do

Advice to Senior ManagementThe point of an internship is to receive on-the-job training, which was almost nonexistent in the department in which I worked in. The interns trained their successors before they left. My suggestion is that experienced employees should be more involved in the training of the interns.

Good Organization with very good product & technology base ,while lagging service domain

Assistant Manager for Volkswagen India Group Logistic Division (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsCompensation is as per Industry Norms, other benefits as perk , allowances, leaves are very satisfactory. personal growth is somewhat limited . Trainings are very well designed. support from other teams is also exceptional.

ConsBaiseness with Contractual people in terms compensation, perks, allowances, trainings , growth and in everything measurable , non measurable. not having enough knowledge of market needs & demands higher cost of product ,parts & services in price sensitive market , Low Consumer Satisfaction Index, recommendations from consumer not taken seriously.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to take consumer feedback seriously , develope products for market need , reduce overhead cost , services needs to be a lot development in everything measurable.policies eqaul to Contractual employee as the Onroll employees.

Worked for Volkswagen? Contribute to the Community!