Vollrath Reviews

3.1

Paul Bartelt

Great Family Atmosphere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI

I have been working at Vollrath full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are approachable
    Leadership has open door policy
    Great Benefits
    Family like atmosphere
    Genuine care for employees
    Willing to change at look at new technology
    Good Work-Life balance

Cons

Old buildings that may need a little updating. The grounds are a bit out dated and will hopefully be updated with time.

Keep treating people well and they will continue to work at Vollrath for 40+ years. Make sure not to lose site of the greatest resource you have in your employees.

Great Career Move

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI

I have been working at Vollrath full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people at Vollrath genuinely treat each other well. There is a family feel to the culture. The pay and benefits are very competitive and they hold events that most companies have long forgotten.

Cons

The facilities are a bit out of date and could use some improvement, it is happening slowly, but could use more urgency.

Keep changing with the times as far as technology, but don't forgot what got Vollrath to the successful place it is today.

Fantastic experience and enjoyed the people and I worked with.

Former Employee - International Marketing and Product Manager  in  Sheboygan, WI
    Former Employee - International Marketing and Product Manager in Sheboygan, WI

I worked at Vollrath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As Vollrath's Product and Marketing Manager, I enjoyed supporting the sales and growth efforts of regions outside of the U.S. My supervisor, the sales teams, the distributor network, and the U.S. teams were great to work with. Getting new or improved products to marketing and creating marketing collateral to support the sales initiatives was very rewarding.

Cons

This is not a reflection on Vollrath, but more on a decision my family and I made. I commuted to work everyday. The drive was good for the most part, but long at times during the winter season. We had planned on moving to the area, but changed our mind once the kids realized what this meant from a friends standpoint.

Keep supporting your employees as you did when I worked there. I enjoyed the opportunity to work for Vollrath and it was a very rewarding career.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company To Work For

I have been working at Vollrath full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good focused vision.
    Genuine concern for employees and their families.
    Leader in industry and exceptional growth.
    Transparency and approachable senior management.
    Complacency is not an option.

Cons

It is very difficult for me to list any cons. I suspect that the couple of negative views are a response to the unfortunate aspect of any business and that is job loss. Fortunately this is not the case for employees who strive to become better.

Continue to make this Company a great place to work. Keep looking to the future.

Destroyer of acquisitions

I worked at Vollrath full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Product has a decent name in the industry

Cons

Company is stuck in the 1950's. Old style operations management runs around like a bull in a china shop barking out orders without any regard to what it does to any other schedules or projects. Most managers are completely inept and clueless. IT systems are a step away from DOS green screens. Engineering technology is a disgrace as is their support documentation. Absolutely terrible at acquiring and integrating. Most companies they buy have better systems than they do and they just go in and apply their antiquated systems and ignore all the problems created. Pay is abysmal and medical and dental benefits are the worst I have ever seen. Steer clear if you are looking for a challenge. Most of the current employees are just burnt out and gave up a long time ago. Management continues to bury their collective heads in the sand and ignore the mounting internal internal issues. Their idea of investing in the company is buying another company and cutting their workforce to the bones so they are only capable of barely maintaining operations. Innovation died at this company a long long time ago.

Pay attention and quit believing the line of crap mid management is feeding you. The infrastructure is falling apart and this company is headed for big problems. All is not well. Seriously, when is the last time you actually did a survey of employees? The only people that end up at Vollrath are the ones that can't find a job anywhere else.

Heading in the right direction

Current Employee - Manager  in  Sheboygan, WI
    Current Employee - Manager in Sheboygan, WI

I have been working at Vollrath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A strategic plan that provides direction
    More transparency in leadership
    Investing for the future

Cons

Career opportunities
    Culture slow to change

Continue moving towards a performance driven culture

Nice people but really behind times

I have been working at Vollrath full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people to work with. A lot of really helpful people. Easy going climate, family focused. Senior management is very approachable and strategic

Cons

Archaic documentation and operating systems. A lot of dumb luck and sweat has gotten the company where it is right now, but the infrastructure is about to crumble to the ground. Including most of the 125 year old buildings. Very tight with spending money on system improvements, and training. Everyone is severely lacking in training in newer management and project techniques. Engineering documentation is a disaster as is the project management process. Product teams are poorly organized and poorly understood. A lot of the managers just stick their heads in the sand if they do not want to deal with personnel problems or system problems. Everyone is using workarounds. It is really a big conglomeration of loosely associated companies that no one orchestrated and basic left them to meander and run their own course. A lot of inter-company silos and very little information sharing. Benefits are medium to poor. Medical plan is terrible as is Dental plan.

Middle managers need training on how to deal with conflict and how to effectively communicate. There needs to be a plan that deals with the vast amount of information that is floating about and how to bring it all together under one organized system. Many people working very long hours. Seems to be a lot of walking dead in some areas. Imbalance in workload needs to be addressed. Engineering seems to be stuck in the 1940's with technology and collaborative environments. Huge problem with engineering documentation organization and consistency. Communication within inter-company and intra-company departments is sadly lacking and there seems to be no consisitency in any of the standard documents. It is like a castle built on sand. Just waiting for the high water. Also need a better health and Dental plan. Existing plan is unaffordable due to the burden of coverage being placed on the employee.

Not Challenging

I have been working at Vollrath

Pros

Pay and Benefits
    Job Security
    Tuition Reimbursement
    Flexibility

Cons

Advancement
    Many Roadblocks
    Training
    Assignments are not Challenging

Cutting costs is neccessary but how about starting with quality and flow, the rest will follow!

Solid Company

I have been working at Vollrath

Pros

Great brand
    Good products
    Growing company
    A bit behind in good business processes but getting better

Cons

Pay and benefits are at market
    A but behind the times and needs to catch up

Keep it up!

Worked for Vollrath? Contribute to the Community!