Vology
www.vology.com Oldsmar, FL 150 to 499 Employees

Vology Reviews

Vology CEO Barry Shevlin

Barry Shevlin

Every employee has a voice and a direct link to executive mgt in an entrepreneurial culture. High growth, exciting, fun!

Oldsmar, FL

ProsThe best technology company to work for in the southeast. Why? Because 11 years into business we are tried, true and solid, but still have the full spirit of an entrepreneurial firm. We're growing so rapidly that opportunities abound. The executives are humble and down to earth, and solicit feedback from every employee, making each employee at every level feel involved in the business. Have an idea today? You'll be implementing it tomorrow! Fun culture, great people, and a company with a fantastic reputation in the market! It doesn't hurt that we are winning in the market! It's so clear to me why this company has been voted the BEST place to work in Tampa!

ConsLocation in Oldsmar is not a great commute from where I live.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring A-players

Good, Bad, and Ugly

Professional Services (Current Employee)
    Oldsmar, FL

ProsThe work is challenging and the colleagues are great.

You will gain a lot of experience and will never be bored.

Advancing from entry level is relatively easy as long as you show initiative and are somewhat intelligent.

ConsThey will work you. Long hours with no additional benefit are the norm.

Instability, they just laid off 10% of the employees; mostly to make the books look better for the investors.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you say "As long as you want to work; you will have a job." Don't lay off employees 6 months later. Especially when you have any other option.

Poor Leadership - Massive Layoffs

Purchasing (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsEliminated 18 people due to mismanagement. After the merger with Bayshore Technologies, they announced there would be no lay offs. However, a few months down the line, they terminate Vology employees.

Talk about bait and switch.

ConsExecutives have no clue or don't care about their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook in a mirror and check to see if you have a soul.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Place to Make A Career vs. Job

Digital Marketing Department (Current Employee)
    Oldsmar, FL

ProsIf your self-driven to make something better of yourself, you won't have a job, but you can make a career. The tools are provided for your success and training is encouraged.

This is coming from a non-sales perspective.

ConsOnly the one's you create by having a negative outlook with your daily tasks, goals, etc...

Definitely a Great Place to Work

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Oldsmar, FL

ProsA fast-paced and fun place to work. The compensation package is excellent with a very strong commission plan. The Management Team is top notch from the CEO & CFO down to mid-level management as well. The informal work environment is very refreshing in an era where political correctness tends to dominate the modern workplace. The Benefits package is also first rate. If you are a quality sales person, you would be hard-pressed to find a better place to work or more sale-able product in today's best environment.

ConsIf you are a person who has a problem with "change" this is NOT the right company for you. Things tend to change VERY quickly and sometimes with no notice or no reasonable explanation for a seemingly profound change. If you can't wrap your arms around the idea that you are going to work 50-55 hours a week...this is NOT the right job for you. You will be well-compensated, but you will work hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall this is a GREAT company, but beware trying to change too quickly and too often. At its core, Vology is a SALES organization in the Tech arena...we should never lose sight of that fact as we continue to grow and buyout/merge with other corporate entities who may have a different philosophy.

Vology, culture of insider favorites

ProsHigh energy, fast pace, positive for the most part

ConsTurnover, especially management, not honest with themselves or their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementStabilize the workforce, be more consistent - one rule for all

Named 'Best Places to Work' for a Reason

Ecommerce Team (Current Employee)

ProsTeam Atmosphere
    Management is clear on expectations
    Positive Work Environment
    Company Culture is unmatched
    All the tools/training needed to succeed are readily available

ConsHave found no cons in company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Account Manager

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

Prosuncapped commission potential
    unique culture work hard -play hard
    4-6 week training program that's in place
    no travel
    25 minutes from Clearwater Beach

ConsNo travel outside the united states

Advice to Senior ManagementPresident's cruise for Q4 should be the ESPN themed cruise out of Tampa

Great Place to Work!!

Oldsmar, FL

ProsVology is a fast paced environment where your hard work pays off. Every day you learn something new here and the only "constant is change". For someone who grows bored easily this is a great place to be. Compensation is also very good for people who are willing to work harder and smarter. Love coming to work!

ConsThe only downside is really training yourself not to bring work home with you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Great Place To Work

Sales (Current Employee)
    Oldsmar, FL

ProsThis company is always driving toward it's goals. The executive team is the best in the business. Vology provides ample resources and is committed to growing it's team professionally.

ConsThe hours and commitment aren't for everyone. The stress levels are high just like any place else with lofty goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the professional growth of the sales team that you have before adding to that team. Throwing people at the goal is not necessarily the answer.

Worked for Vology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vology CEO Barry Shevlin . All 17 reviews posted anonymously by Vology employees.