Volt Information
www.volt.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Volt Information Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014
Volt Information – US – “VOLT Information Sciences”

Volt Information President & CEO Ron Kochman

Ron Kochman

Pros:
  • "Ability to maintain work / life balance"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Affirmative work environment, decent benefits, good co-workers"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "Was to he liked by upper management or be related"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Very flat organization--not much room for growth"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

OFFICE SPACE

Orange, CA

Prosconsistent pay and working close to home

Consmanagement and low morale due to low pay

Advice to Senior Managementneed better motivation otherwise it's a culture of sandbagging. poor communication and feeling of managers vs. everyone else. you have to rat or step on people to move up along with kiss management ass.

Billing

Accounting (Former Employee)
    Orange, CA

ProsI gained a lot of experience.

ConsPay is not that great. The sad part is when I was laid off. Once they are done with you, you have to get out of the building right away. Treated like a total stranger after all that years I worked for the company. I felt like I was treated as a piece of garbage that day. There's no farewell party, not time to say goodbye to my co-workers. No appreciation of what you've done thru the years of service. It's totally nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees good up to the end. Your biggest investment are your employees, they bring in the money directly or indirectly. Remaining employees sees you how you treat departing employees. For sure they are thinking that they will be the next one to be treated as a piece of garbage. These affects their morale, motivation, devotion and loyalty towards the company in the years to come.

Great place, great people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is just a great experience and I recommend it for anyone that want to get in the IT industry.

ConsIt is temp position via contract so is not a stable kind a job, but good to pay bills and get experience.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Volt

ProsNot on your back all the time

ConsNo monitoring no benefits treated like temps

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Started out very well, leadership changes impacted job satisfaction.

Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Winter Park, FL

ProsGreat systems - infrastructure. Solid benefits.

ConsWhen economy softened - they were not positioned well.

Advice to Senior Managementnone.

Ok Company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood culture of people you are with

ConsNot a lot of room for advancement

Awesome temp agency to work for

Warehouse Receiver (Former Employee)
    Elk Grove, CA

ProsOnce your are placed the managers you work for a really nice.
    They do the placement for Apple Inc. and Apple does a lot of hiring from the temps they get from Volt, unless you work in the warehouse.

ConsYou have to call the recruiters a million times for them to take you seriously about being placed.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was fine with the management. Keep it up.

Not for anyone that seeks to get a relationship with Volt as an employer.

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsGood recruiters seem to leave this company. Recruiters then NEVER contact you to reassign you even after rather lengthy tenure.

ConsNo contact with you after you get assigned. They never contact you while they make $$ off you.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview of personnel at your branches since some are of the hostile nature and condescending in attitude. Once you are laid off by client the Volt office never contacts you again. Thankless in their attitude and actions.

Promises...Promises....promises...full of broken PROMISES!

Senior Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Torrance, CA

ProsBranch Level - In better words - Comradery is the spirit of friendship and community in a group, like the comradery of Recruiters at war who keep each other upbeat despite the difficulty of their circumstances with upper management and corporate. That definitely describes my group!

ConsThere is a LACK of communication from upper management/ corporate. You want answers - well you're going to have to wait months for them.

Raises -
    What kind of company have their employees do their own evaluations? After you complete your own evaluation it gets submitted over to HR to make the determination of a raise- Have you ever heard of that? Does HR sit in the branch with you? Do they know what Recruiters actually do?

The Directors and Regional Area Managers think they know you and praise you, but then don't stand by their words. Who tells someone that they MAXED out at a Sr. Recruiter pay? Have you seen the market? They do not take pride in their employees what so ever - favoritism for other branches and recruiters that do not compare to the work you do and the effort you put in to fill NON LI orders!

The constant battle and rivalry that upper management promotes to branches and recruiters that lead to unethical circumstances.

Upper management needs to get their heads together and evaluate the branch managers/delivery managers and see if they are suitable for their position.

Opportunity for Growth - NONE.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your branches and recruiters. Take the time to visit and talk to them about growth opportunities. Don't make promises you can't keep!

Horrible company to work for.

Recruiter (Current Employee)

ProsThere are some, maybe a few, really professional and dedicated people that work here. Other than that, not a lot of pros.

ConsThis company is in disarray! So many disconnects at the Corporate level which creates problems for inhouse employees and the temp staff placed at client sites. Also, internal systems and processes are outdated and muddled. Example - How can we instill loyalty and trust with our workforce if there are constant payroll nightmares? And not even learn from mistakes by having the same problems occur because they don't hire competent staff or enough staff to do the job.

They have an identity crisis and keep changing directions. Don't get me wrong - change is good, if it's for the better. Their change consists of "our competitors do it this way, so let's do that." Then change things back to the way they were doing things originally. Rinse & repeat. Very old school staffing mentality and are stuck in the past.

Slow response or no response from management and corporate on issues that arise. Problems can get drawn out and exasperated with little to no resolution.

BS'd by management on things constantly and fed the same script of "this is how it is, do it or else." Way to motivate and inspire.

Competition between offices actually drives some people to do unethical things and create conflict. This type of behavior gets reinforced by management, just as long as the numbers are there.

They low ball people on salary. You're better off at a boutique agency where you'll make more on base and commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink a plan through and really understand the impact to the business and how it will affect everyone from top down.

Simplify processes so customers get serviced and staff can do their job.

Worked for Volt Information? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Volt Information reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Volt Information CEO Ron Kochman. All 270 reviews posted anonymously by Volt Information employees.