Volt Information

Updated December 17, 2014
2.9

Volt Information President & CEO Ron Kochman
Ron Kochman

Pros
  • Very tenured, professional staff; respectful culture; good work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Great people, Volt attracts talented folks of diverse backgrounds which make for a very interesting work environment (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no room for growth or advancement here anymore, most of the time you're just stuck doing the same, repetitve tasks day in and day out (in 7 reviews)

• Was to he liked by upper management or be related (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

expeditor for china eastern a330

I have been working at Volt Information full-time (less than an year)

Pros

exelent oortunity i like it

Cons

i would like to stay here

Great co-workers. OK for a while, Too many mgmt and structure changes

Former Employee - Recruiter in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Volt Information full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The co-workers I worked with here were great and made the workplace and enjoyable place to come to on a day to day basis. You will learn a lot about the recruiting industry and gain knowledge that will serve you well for your career about how to be a successful recruiter.

Cons

This company is changing all the time. There were too many upper level management changes to recall in the five years I worked there. The constant changing of the organizational structure led to confusion, uncertainty about career growth and advancement, and process disorganization.

There is not a lot of opportunity for growth unless you were willing to relocate, and even then sometimes it was a lateral move. The pay is also below market value.

If you want to attract and retain top talent pay your employees what they are worth, and pay the great employees above what they are worth to keep them. Offer training courses that encourage training to gain upward career mobility.

Stop constantly changing senior level management and operating under a churn and burn model similar to many sub par high volume recruiting agencies. Focus on increasing quality.

Branch Manager

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Volt Information full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Outstanding supervisor, great benefits. The company allowed you to run your office as if it were your own company as long as it was in line with company overall values.

Cons

Not a whole lot of advancement available past branch manager.

Continue to stay in tune with your staff!

A Good Intermediate Job If Your Looking to Get Experience

I have been working at Volt Information as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Fast and quick placement in a job. Decent people. Compensation was fair for my experience.

Cons

No direct structure or chain of command, everyone kind of does their own thing. Medical benefits are absolutely terrible and expensive. No reviews or any type of feedback for job performance.

Quick, decent experience.

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Simi Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Simi Valley, CA

I worked at Volt Information full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They were quick to place me in a decent job. I really enjoyed the weekly pay, and I enjoyed who I got the opportunity to work with.

Cons

Too many hours. It was quite tiring, and it was pretty common to work 48+ hours a week. It also got crazy hot during the summer, because I was placed in a warehouse. I felt like I was doing inventory in hell.

Give your employers more time off. Most of them have been working for 15+ years, they deserve a break sometimes.

Great introduction to the entertainment industry in LA.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Volt Information full-time

Pros

Volt works with some great, high-profile companies in Los Angeles. I got to work with Riot Games, CBS, etc. Some health and other benefits. Great staff at my office. Volt is pretty decent for an employment agency. It really helps if you know someone in the industry as well.

Cons

Typical of an employment agency: no job security, at-will firing, too much competition, once you finish an assignment, it's hard to get another job, etc. Some assignments are way too short.

Once a great family company...

I have been working at Volt Information full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, Volt attracts talented folks of diverse backgrounds which make for a very interesting work environment. There is much less internal bickering and backbiting than in many organizations. Work hours and locations are very flexible.

Cons

The culture is rapidly changing. Volt was once dominated by the Shaw family who ran it like a benevolent meritocracy (which was ideal to me!). It is moving toward becoming a nameless, faceless corporate entity. There is very little fun left here...we were once all part of the family, not so much at all now.

Once very profitable lines of business are wearing thin but Volt has the people and infrastructure to succeed. Consider reaching out to new endeavors.

My Experience was really great. All the process were smooth.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Volt Information as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

My life was balanced except for the fact that my house was very far from my work location

Cons

I cant think of any cons.

They help you get your foot in the door.

Current Employee - Apple Developer Program Support Advisor in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Apple Developer Program Support Advisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volt Information full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Volt is a staffing company. They helped me get an assignment at Apple Inc. where I was trained how to become a customer support representative. As a Volt contractor you will be offered a bank account with Amplify which is a great credit union. After your assignment ends, you can then contact your recruiter to find another assignment.You are paid every week which is very convenient. Another benefit is that you are paid for holidays if you meet the hourly requirements.

Cons

Your assignment may end after a year. My assignment ended after one year.

Please set up direct deposit quicker. Also your employee website is very outdated, slow, buggy, and a headache to navigate through. We would appreciate an easy to navigate employee site. On the other hand, the IQ Navigator website is great and easy to use.

Much room for Improvement

I worked at Volt Information full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only thing I miss are the people

Cons

Lack of growth opportunity both financially and career-wise

Volt Information Photos