Volt Information

Updated February 18, 2015
2.9

Volt Information President & CEO Ron Kochman
Ron Kochman

Pros
  • Very tenured, professional staff; respectful culture; good work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Great people, Volt attracts talented folks of diverse backgrounds which make for a very interesting work environment (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no room for growth or advancement here anymore, most of the time you're just stuck doing the same, repetitve tasks day in and day out (in 7 reviews)

• Was to he liked by upper management or be related (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company where you get to help people on an everyday basis

I worked at Volt Information part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance, flexible schedule, forward moving company with the potential for growth and development within the company

Cons

Benefits not the best, compared to other recruiting companies pay is considerably lower, no placement percentage bonuses

Sales

I worked at Volt Information

Pros

Great atmosphere in the office

Cons

No direction and push to be better

Staffing Agencies are for short term positions.

I worked at Volt Information

Pros

I was able to expand my knowledge base with different software and remote applications.

Cons

My assignment was much shorter than was told.

Please communicate time frame more effectively to prospective temp workers.

Great way to get your foot in the door.

I worked at Volt Information

Pros

Recruiting / Sales is a very number driven industry so if you put the work in you will see the results.

Cons

Not the best environment for internal growth, can be cliquish and therefore opportunities often miss the best person for the job.

Not bad, but not great either!

Current Contractor - IT Security Analyst in Moline, IL
    Current Contractor - IT Security Analyst in Moline, IL

I have been working at Volt Information as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Recruiter was really engaged in finding you a position and provided good correspondence. Initial pay is reasonable. Onboarding process was easy and they make sure to keep in contact with you to ensure you are comfortable with your new position.

Cons

After the first month, they stop checking in with you. They basically become a company who just provides the paycheck. No raises or negotiations for additional benefits beyond the first 2 percent raise. Overall benefits are lacking.

Do more to keep your employees interest in working for VOLT. Stay competitive with your pay/benefits and offer additional job opportunities.

Network to climb

I have been working at Volt Information full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You can climb the ladder if you take inititative and reach out to managers of other departments and apply when they have openings. Don't expect to move up if you get comofortable and wait for them to tell your promoted. You have to fight for it and not give up if you dont get it the first time. I had to try twice until I was promoted to a new department.

People are great and if have a customer service attitude, then you will go far. Costumer service also goes for your co-workers.

Cons

Old school approval process with VP signature needed for many things. Staffing industry does not provide significant benefits to workers and as a manager I am part of that problem.

Streamline company directives, standardize training and development,

Sourcing Specialist

Former Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Volt Information full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours make this position ideal for college students. You can change your availability based on your class schedule each semester or quarter. It doesn't require prior experience.

Cons

The entry level position has a low pay rate, there is no commission on placements, and there is limited room for advancement.

Quality Management

I worked at Volt Information full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Had a lot of different job opportunities and exposure to different business models across the many divisions.

Cons

Benefits were so-so, no real internal training program or career pathing.

Decent work environment.

Current Contractor - Tier I Support Technician in Spokane, WA
    Current Contractor - Tier I Support Technician in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Volt Information as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

No problems getting a 40 hour work week. plenty of work to do. Most of the people you work with are very knowledgeable and helpful. Everyone is easy to approach with any questions or concerns.

Cons

I've been there are policies on different things, but it is hard to get a good answer on where to find them. Although there is a good amount of work there is everything that is scheduled comes up short notice.

Try to work on scheduling a little better. Knowing when and where a task needs to be done with more than a weeks notice would make things a lot easier on personal life.

Below market compensation leads to turnover creating opportunities for those willing to give up work life balance.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Volt Information full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is willing to reward employees with promotions and increased responsibilities given that you do all that is asked of you. The company knows its short comings and is working (albeit slowly) to improve the situation with its in house employees.

Cons

The benefits are a joke, attempts to inquire about them during the recruiting process are met with reassurance and avoidance. "Fire drills" are commonplace which impacts employees abilities to meet key deliverables, work life balance is difficult to achieve with managements expectations. Employee reviews are infrequent and communication from management is spotty at best.

Improve benefits package, put in place a transparent merit increase program, improve communication from all levels of management, offer career development and/or mentorship to staff, don't put down employees behind their back.

Volt Information Photos