Volt Information

www.volt.com

Volt Information Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014
Volt Information – US – “VOLT Information Sciences”

Volt Information President & CEO Ron Kochman

Ron Kochman

Pros
  • Ability to maintain work / life balance(in 6 reviews)

• Affirmative work environment, decent benefits, good co-workers(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Was to he liked by upper management or be related(in 11 reviews)

• Very flat organization--not much room for growth(in 6 reviews)

Exceptional Care of Talent

Content Editor (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsI worked with several people at Volt Technical Information Services in Redmond during my a- contract with Microsoft, all of whom were invested in me and who made me feel important and worthwhile.

ConsPeople move up from places where they have achieved great training and experience, and that happens to Volt as well, several of the people I worked with there have moved forward with this great company on their resume.

Advice to Senior ManagementI guess if I had to make a suggestion it would be that "career forward" be even more active in trying to line up previous talent with future contract positions with a clear upward path.

Volt Workforce solutions is a hiring agency contracted me to work at Apple Inc.

ProsWorking at Apple Inc. is pretty easy. It's repetitive work, looking for bugs and fixing. You can use their transportation, which is pretty awesome. Managers/supervisors are very relaxed and cool about coming in early.

ConsNot able to use gym unless you're an employee of Apple. You don't get to advance. It's only a one year contract, if you're lucky, you'll get an extension to 3 months

Advice to Senior ManagementCould use interview questions about being a team-player and communicative questions

Very professional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsReliable to answer questions, respond to emails, pay

Consweekly timecards are a pain

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very positive Experience!!

Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsCompany is very flexible, great hours

ConsNot so good pay for the work that is required

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so stand offish to non management employees, we all had to start somewhere

Great place, great people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is just a great experience and I recommend it for anyone that want to get in the IT industry.

ConsIt is temp position via contract so is not a stable kind a job, but good to pay bills and get experience.

Awesome temp agency to work for

Warehouse Receiver (Former Employee) Elk Grove, CA

ProsOnce your are placed the managers you work for a really nice.
    They do the placement for Apple Inc. and Apple does a lot of hiring from the temps they get from Volt, unless you work in the warehouse.

ConsYou have to call the recruiters a million times for them to take you seriously about being placed.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was fine with the management. Keep it up.

One of the best companies for which I have worked.

Executive Recruiter (Former Employee)

ProsGreat management at every level, impressive offices, latest office equipment. This is a company that is a leader in Executive Recruiting as well as placing Temporary Employees and Temporary to Fulltime Employees. The Company has an excellent reputation. Client companies tend to remain long term clients because of the level of service provided by dedicated professionals.

ConsNone that come to mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with current strategies.

It Has Been vary good

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsBecause I have Been here 3yrs

ConsNone At This Time It has work for me

I love working here.

ProsVery tenured, professional staff; respectful culture; good work/life balance. Very entrepreneurial - people are encouraged to present/create whatever opportunities they see fit to improve business processes, customer experience, and/or revenue streams.

ConsThe only constant is change!

Advice to Senior ManagementSince the only constant is change, clear, timely, and frequent communication is key to keeping employees informed and happy.

Working Condition

Software Development Engineer In Test (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsGood hourly rate compared other Contracting companies

ConsNone, that I can think of.

Worked for Volt Information? Contribute to the Community!