VonChurch Reviews

New Career Growth Opportunities

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at VonChurch full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture of the office is vibrant, exciting and fun. We are a lean team who enjoy working together on a day to day basis. I knew from the moment I first came through the doors for my interview that I could see myself vibing well.

Recently we had some changes in regards to titles and career growth which were very encouraging. The company is still young and always evolving, so knowing that the changes that were recently made were because of input of employees was refreshing. I only see great things for the future of VonChurch and I look forward to continuing my career here.

Cons

Ramp up time can take a while, but it’s important to see this opportunity as long term. The commission structure is very lucrative and has the potential to earn a person a lot of money, but it won’t happen overnight.

Continue to listen to the ideas of employees. We understand not everything will be implemented, but knowing that you have an understanding of where we are coming from is reassuring.

The only digital entertainment specialized staffing company in the world

I have been working at VonChurch full-time for more than a year

Pros

unparallelled commission structure, casual fun environment, growth opportunities, trips, small start-up, engineering and design expertise, high quality of candidates

Cons

low base salary is rough, but I guess it's a higher base with low commission, or low base with high commission

Think about base salary to retain

Its a fraternity/sorority version of a Recruiting Agency in SF.

Former Employee - Partner  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Partner in San Francisco, CA

I worked at VonChurch full-time

Pros

Cool Work Environmnet, pinball machine/ ping pong.

Cons

Shallow attitudes. Tend to be concerned about your outfit and how cool you are as much as they are about performance. Its a "what have you done for me lately" culture, not a loyal one.

They will say that a person without the chops to make it and a thick skin in the business shouldn't be at their company for culture fit reasons.

Watch the movie Mean Girls, and then imagine that as a work place.

Be mature, thought leaders in the space. Focus on reputation as a quality firm, not a sweatshop. 46 current employees and 75 people who have quit or moved on yet have only been around for 6 years. That's 1 person that stays for every 3 that leave.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good experience

I have been working at VonChurch

Pros

Great people. Cool space. Awesome training. Great way to get into the tech industry.

Cons

Low pay and inflexible work schedule.

Give more flexibility and treat employees like adults. No one is going to make it off the low base salary alone, so trust that the people who want to be there will be working their ass off to make it work no matter if their at the office or not. Let people take lunch when they want, work from home occasionally, etc...

No pay, no fun, not a place for you!

Current Employee - "Consultant"
    Current Employee - "Consultant"

I have been working at VonChurch full-time for more than a year

Pros

A stretch, but you can work in the mobile industry.

Cons

As a person that has been there a year - it is sad to write this... The base salary is very low, and it is EXTREMELY difficult to make money due to their lopsided commission plan (the rich only get richer). The "management" team only is really thinking of themselves, and will do what it takes for them to maintain their cash flow while sinking your career.. Vonchurch also has a 90+% employee turnover rate, and is one of the most egotistical groups in San Francisco. They also are very POOR with clients, and fool them into thinking they are "consultants" while seeking only the LOW HANGIN FRUIT.

Get a new business model, new leadership, and be true to what you are.. A cash grubbing typical recruiting firm.

All talk and NO walk

Former Employee - 'Apprentice'  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - 'Apprentice' in San Francisco, CA

I worked at VonChurch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hard to think of any. Cool office in SF maybe.. but even then, its in the Dogpatch and unless you have a car you'll end up relying on inconsistent public transportation.

Cons

Poor commission structure. The company is designed to have a few "Account Managers" that hold the bulk of accounts. If you're new and bring in a new client.. you don't get to keep it. You have to give it to the 'Account Manager" and you get a ridiculous 'flip' fee. I put Account Manager in quotes as they are far from it. They are resume pushers. The demand communication from their recruiters yet fail to follow up in a timely manner with them on submissions.

My take-away is that there are FAR better agencies out there. Agencies that actually care about their clients and not the bottom line. I was sorely disappointed and I have never experience an office with such an EGO. I'd rather go back to Junior High where the maturity level is at least there.

Time to grow up. You're not as 'cool' as you think you are.

Not fun. Not lucrative.

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at VonChurch full-time for more than a year

Pros

We celebrate UK culture when applicable?

Cons

I felt bullied, under-appreciated, and disposable just about every day.

grow up.

Worked at VonChurch for one year

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at VonChurch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cool space, potential for innovation, excellent commission once you get momentum

Cons

Poor management, unprofessional leadership, and ridiculous measurements for advancement.

You've got the play harder piece down... the work hard piece needs improvement. Trust your employees and be more friendly. You can be cool while also being nice.

Great company, huge growth opportunity, uncapped commission

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at VonChurch full-time

Pros

VonChurch is a cutting edge company in the agency recruiting world. There is endless opportunity to grow and succeed and make extremely good money doing so. The CEO is someone who believes in his employees and if you come to him with ideas whether it is as small as a team goal or as big as a new division he will listen to you and support you. You can move up the ranks here very quickly, the commission structure is very lucrative and the office culture is great. People genuinely enjoy working with each other and hanging out with each other outside of work. Everyone who works here is extremely passionate about their job as well as many things outside of work.

Cons

It is a start up so of course there are a lot of changes that you must adapt to. These changes though make the company better and people must be adaptable in order to work here. Base pay is lower then some other firms but commission is huge higher.

Continue to trust and believe in your employees and continue to provide endless opportunity for those who constantly succeed.

Love coming to work every day!

I have been working at VonChurch full-time for more than a year

Pros

My coworkers are my friends. My manager is my mentor. The amount of growth and opportunity that I've been awarded in a short amount of time has been amazing. Honestly, you get what you put into the job/company. If you are a dedicated employee who shows enthusiasm not only for the job, but for life, you will fit in well and jive with the values that we all as employees try to encompass each day. Negative attitudes will not be tolerated and you won't be successful. So keep your head up and work hard, play harder!

Cons

Still being a smaller start-up the salary is a little lower than average, but the culture, people, environment and opportunity for learning and growth absolutely overpower that.

The little things matter - random snacks, rewarded time off, going to events as a group. Promoting the culture and keeping it alive is key! It would also be nice to have the ability to work from home from time to time.

Worked for VonChurch? Contribute to the Community!