Vonachen Services Reviews

• Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
Matt Vonachen

1. Good company to get your foot in the door.

Current Employee - Industrial Custodian/Tool Crib Attendant in Rockdale, IL
    Current Employee - Industrial Custodian/Tool Crib Attendant in Rockdale, IL

I have been working at Vonachen Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helpful supervisors, friendly co-workers. My supervisor helped me advance into a much higher paying area of the company and then helped me advance into another even higher paying company. Jobs well done always reconized.

Cons

Lower pay scale in the beggining

Advice to Management

Better incentives needed.

2. I you can find another place to work for $8.50 an hour, do it.

Former Employee - Janitor in Ottawa, IL
    Former Employee - Janitor in Ottawa, IL

I worked at Vonachen Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Pro was I had the 4 hr morning shift.... And current Manager on site, was A Great Person, Versal P. Thanks for the help you always were to Your Staff.

Cons

Such an unorganized, no structure, game playing, power tripping Area Managers.. I have been mistreated and cussed at by more than one Area Manager... Dedicated employees wrote up for absence, even with A Doctor's Note....Will work a person day and night shifts, both shifts all week, then when you get close to 40 hrs., they cut you off and force you to take a day off. They lock the cleaning supplies up in a closet, along with the mop heads, and you can't access them to clean with on the morning shift. To bad they just wouldn't let The Site Manager run this site... I never would've left....Normally employees are lucky to make it 6 months to 1 year.....

Advice to Management

Need your work assignments equally assigned, when it comes between 2 shifts....Do away with Porter areas, (what a waste of time, porter.) And make everything full clean, and special projects...More inspections pertaining to work done on both shifts would reveal where the quantity, and quality of work is being done....Hugh waste of payroll for the bulk of work hours given to just porter...The portering I have seen done for over 2 years, was just the following....1. Pull Trash. 2. Refill paper towels or toilet tissue, rarely.... Yep, that's it.... For 5 to 7 hour shifts, each night.( The Day Shift work hours vary between 4 to 5.5 hours.).... Need more hands on inspections...Accountability.

Run Away

Former Employee - Janitorial in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Janitorial in Bloomington, IL

I worked at Vonachen Services

Pros

-Great Co workers -Decent Equipment -Part Time -OK Supervisors

Cons

-Low Pay -No chance of advancement -Cleaners are not valued at all -High turnover

Advice to Management

Take care of those that take care of you. If you pay minimum wage, you can expect minimum effort. Invest in good employees.

5. Good place to start, fair management team, fairly simple interview process

Former Employee - Night Janitor in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Night Janitor in Peoria, IL

I worked at Vonachen Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked how flexible hours were, my manager was pretty lenient and helped out when possible, if you didn't do what was required and it showed, than you were held accountable.

Cons

training for my account was approximately (3) 3-hour shifts and then i was on my own, a little terrifying at first but I got the job done well, had monthly inspections and only missed slightly on one.

Advice to Management

Train more managers to be like C. Gibler, he was awesome and was a great role model for his employees and the company.

6. Great learning experience!

Current Employee - Material Handler in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Vonachen Services full-time

Pros

The work is simple and what can be expected anywhere. Colleagues are overall very helpful when someone is in need of help. They support each other and truly put the team first.

Cons

Not much room for growth, or any perks to speak of, but the variety of insurance benefits and vacation makes these positions stand far above the rest.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees not at them. Remember that when one person takes advantage not everyone will and chopping everyone off at the knees equals no workers.

7. Great Privately Owned Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Vonachen Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Balance with home life is fantastic, great administrative staff, upper management appreciates work you do and are very loyal, company values are great, we care about the customer, lots of creative freedom

Cons

A small disconnect between admin staff and what the people out in the field have to do in their daily work day, hard to get staff that have been doing the same thing for years to adopt new ways of doing things

Advice to Management

Keep the communication flowing between admin staff and the field

Alright for what it is.

Current Employee - Office
    Current Employee - Office

I have been working at Vonachen Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Recognize achievements. - Plenty of opportunities to move around. - Middle management is top notch. - Work life balance is decent.

Cons

- Upper management is distant and uncaring. - Benefits are poor and trending down. - Pay is stagnant. - Incentive programs are short lived and inconsistent.

Advice to Management

Praise and recognition are nice but they don't pay the bills.

9. It was a great beginning, then it turned into a company I did not want to work for.

I have been working at Vonachen Services

Pros

Very flexible with work/life schedule, but it also depends what part of the company you are in. HR Department is very good and friendly workforce.

Cons

Very little room for advancement and growth within the company. Lack of communication between senior level management and the employees. Compensation is lacking.

Advice to Management

Have more open communication to the entire company. This hinders everyone's performance if everything is kept a secret until the very end or after the fact.

RSS Feed </> Embed