Vonage

Vonage – “Vonage office”

Vonage – “Vonage office”

Vonage CEO and Director Marc Lefar

Marc Lefar

Pros
  • Free lunch, good cafe, nice gym, fun special events (in 5 reviews)

• Great pay, good people overall, nice tablet, upper management very good (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Very little room for advancement or career growth (in 5 reviews)

• The call center is located here and it can attract a young less experienced crowd (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Micro-Management at Every Level

Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) Holmdel, NJ

ProsThe company is making a lot of money and they don't share it with their employees. However, they do have a great cafeteria.

ConsThe whole structure is not conducive for advancement or any contributions from junior, middle, or even senior staff. They are led purely by the dollar and everything is controlled by just a few C-Level people. No one else really adds anything in the end.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean-up your HR process and let more staff actually play a role in where the company is going. Don't focus so much on profits for shareholders focus on innovation for the future of your company.

Company is just ok - clientele will drive you crazy

Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) Holmdel, NJ

ProsThey tried to instill teamwork
    Smalll perks -free lunch,games

ConsSalary - barely getting by
    Constantly under the gun with time - everything is clocked
    Worst customers in the world to deal with - rude and insulting

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management does not support employees at all
    Poor planning on hiring people

a decent company to work for.

Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) Holmdel, NJ

ProsThe $100.00 lunch voucher every month. The people that work there are cool. The benefits are good. They have contests and give out prizes. The summer picnic is fun.

ConsSenior manager are more worried about numbers in the call center. Call center employees are not treated that same as other employees. Hard to move up in company from call center if you are not in the top 15 percent

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating call center employees like numbers

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lukewarm

ProsFlexibility, contribute to strategic direction of the company.

ConsLeadership team is weak and not organized to be as effective as they could be.

Run as fast as you can..

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree lunch, good cafe, nice gym, fun special events

ConsHorrible salaries, no work/life balance, demoralizing managers, some of the things that went on here are illegal in regards to how employees are treated, women are rarely promoted, many unprofessional people, the absolute worst place I ever worked.

learned a lot from this comany. Got a chance to meet lots of new people. Had great time interacting with poeple

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Irving, TX

Prosgreat experience.Salary was good.Manager was very friendly.

Consnothing bad to say about this company.

Good Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Holmdel, NJ

ProsGood work environment, good mix of technology, nice people. Holmdel its their headquarters so all job functions are represented. Food credit for the cafe each month, and decent gym (membership deducted from paycheck).

ConsVonage is trying to stay relevant in a tough competitive landscape. Flat revenue / growth. Product ideas are over-debated within senior leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe willing to take more risks and be more agile in product definition.

RUN!!! Huge mistake taking a job here!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Holmdel, NJ

ProsOther than a very select few people, there is not a single pro I can give you to ever work here. Do yourself a favor and just don't apply or accept an offer here!

ConsThis is the most unprofessional, disrespectful joke of a company I have ever worked for! I decided to leave within a month of being there and eventually left without another job lined up after less than 1 year there. There is no management, leadership and the concern is more with who to blame and doing the same things over and over with no results then the want for progress or success.

I gave more than 2 weeks notice and agreed to staying a couple weeks longer after being asked by 1 of the very few people there I respect. I wanted to leave knowing I was professional until the end and left delivering more than any other person on my team including my boss.

I was recently offered a new job and after multiple attempts by my new company to verify my employment they contacted me for help. After multiple attempts myself and eventually a phone conversation with my old HR rep, who agreed to get it done by the next day....you guessed it...still nothing! Thank goodness I keep my own records and was able to provide the verification myself. However by this time I missed my scheduled start date and was made to wait a month for the next orientation.

Not only are they unprofessional while you work there, they continue that practice even after you have left.

I wouldn't recommend anyone apply or work here!!

Great pay and hours bad management and customer support

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Canton, MI

ProsGreat pay, good people overall, nice tablet, upper management very good.

Consthe supervisor of my particular team was awful, she pushed too hard when there were no customers and was always accusing people of stealing when in fact the Wal- Mart employees poor inventory taking was to blame.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you have someone who's job is to buy from wal-mart have supervisors keep better tabs on Wal-Mart inventory. Instead of learning late that inventory is incorrect and assuming theft.

review

Prosmoney is ok people are nice

Consno cons abt this job

Worked for Vonage? Contribute to the Community!