Vonage

Updated January 22, 2015
2.9

Vonage CEO and Director Marc Lefar
Marc Lefar

Pros
  • Free lunch, good cafe, nice gym, fun special events (in 5 reviews)

• Great pay, good people overall, nice tablet, upper management very good (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Very little room for advancement or career growth (in 5 reviews)

• The call center is located here and it can attract a young less experienced crowd (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

learned a lot from this comany. Got a chance to meet lots of new people. Had great time interacting with poeple

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Irving, TX

I have been working at Vonage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great experience.Salary was good.Manager was very friendly.

Cons

nothing bad to say about this company.

Run as fast as you can..

I worked at Vonage full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free lunch, good cafe, nice gym, fun special events

Cons

Horrible salaries, no work/life balance, demoralizing managers, some of the things that went on here are illegal in regards to how employees are treated, women are rarely promoted, many unprofessional people, the absolute worst place I ever worked.

Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at Vonage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work environment, good mix of technology, nice people. Holmdel its their headquarters so all job functions are represented. Food credit for the cafe each month, and decent gym (membership deducted from paycheck).

Cons

Vonage is trying to stay relevant in a tough competitive landscape. Flat revenue / growth. Product ideas are over-debated within senior leadership.

Be willing to take more risks and be more agile in product definition.

RUN!!! Huge mistake taking a job here!

I worked at Vonage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Other than a very select few people, there is not a single pro I can give you to ever work here. Do yourself a favor and just don't apply or accept an offer here!

Cons

This is the most unprofessional, disrespectful joke of a company I have ever worked for! I decided to leave within a month of being there and eventually left without another job lined up after less than 1 year there. There is no management, leadership and the concern is more with who to blame and doing the same things over and over with no results then the want for progress or success.

I gave more than 2 weeks notice and agreed to staying a couple weeks longer after being asked by 1 of the very few people there I respect. I wanted to leave knowing I was professional until the end and left delivering more than any other person on my team including my boss.

I was recently offered a new job and after multiple attempts by my new company to verify my employment they contacted me for help. After multiple attempts myself and eventually a phone conversation with my old HR rep, who agreed to get it done by the next day....you guessed it...still nothing! Thank goodness I keep my own records and was able to provide the verification myself. However by this time I missed my scheduled start date and was made to wait a month for the next orientation.

Not only are they unprofessional while you work there, they continue that practice even after you have left.

I wouldn't recommend anyone apply or work here!!

Great pay and hours bad management and customer support

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Canton, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Canton, MI

I worked at Vonage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay, good people overall, nice tablet, upper management very good.

Cons

the supervisor of my particular team was awful, she pushed too hard when there were no customers and was always accusing people of stealing when in fact the Wal- Mart employees poor inventory taking was to blame.

If you have someone who's job is to buy from wal-mart have supervisors keep better tabs on Wal-Mart inventory. Instead of learning late that inventory is incorrect and assuming theft.

review

I have been working at Vonage full-time

Pros

money is ok people are nice

Cons

no cons abt this job

Excellent Benefits and some perks

Current Employee - Tech Support in Holmdel, NJ
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at Vonage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are best in this Company

Cons

Have sub par employee advancement support

Revolutionary company challenging the status quo

Former Employee - Guru in Holmdel, NJ
    Former Employee - Guru in Holmdel, NJ

I worked at Vonage full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Energizing place to work, truly fulfilling mission of brining affordable phone service to the masses. Great start-up culture per-IPOD

Cons

Believed it's own hype. Fell behind competitively after IPOD, lost innovative edge after original leadership left.

Don't forget why you're different in the market or lose sight of what your unique advantages are over competition.

Horrible

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Holmdel, NJ
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Holmdel, NJ

I worked at Vonage full-time

Pros

Had Benefits
    Food was pretty good
    Exercise room was also pretty good

Cons

Time was so tightly monitored you needed manager permission to go to the bathroom
    Time kept getting more and more tightly controlled
    Constant coaching for all of your supposed faults yet management never got called on theirs

Don't treat your employees like they are mindless, if you treat people with respect they will reciprocate

No market growth and not self-aware enough to improve

I worked at Vonage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Nice campus and facilities
    - Most people try to be nice

Cons

- The technology and services are antiquated and basic
    - Corporate culture is highly political and based on "getting along" rather than results
    - There's a lot of residual AT&T and other "big company" employees who bring a "dinosaur" mentality to everything - especially those with NO telecom background
    - Changes are at glacial speed; all processes require political correctness and consensus of even irrelevant parties, stand-alone decisions are punished
    - Has an unrealistic view of itself as bigger, more savvy and "cutting edge" than they are
    - High tolerance for incompetence from those "tenured" - the Peter Principle at it's finest

Remind yourselves that you are a telecom, and take a look at what success in the industry looks like; agile, aggressive, and with deep technical skills. Finely tuned back-office operations are important, but NOT what makes customers whip out their credit cards to sign up. You know you've plateaued, and you know you need to change but you can't have "Agents of Change" be or act like those that got you stuck in the first place.

Vonage Photos