Vox Mobile

Updated November 13, 2014
Updated November 13, 2014
2.9

Kris Snyder

It is rewarding to work for a growing company in a fast paced industry!

Current Employee - Operations in Independence, OH
    Current Employee - Operations in Independence, OH

I have been working at Vox Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is little to no micro-managing, you truly are given the ability to craft your day around your client's and employees needs.

The pay is more than fair. The ability to work from home, casual dress code, quarterly bonuses and plenty of employee activities are other great benefits.

There is a tremendous culture of promoting from within. This certainly helps keeps most everyone motivated and working hard. And the occasional long day isn't an issue as it is clear that we are all working towards a common goal.

Cons

The open office layout can make it difficult to concentrate at times. Training opportunities are limited, especially with the technology changing so frequently. We need to keep investing in making us the true experts in this field.

Please continue investing in training, development and keeping your best people.

Nov 19, 2014Director of Demand Generation

Thank you for your review of Vox Mobile! The speed at which technology, in the mobility-space, changes keeps everyone in our industry on their toes. As such, we are sometimes left ‘catching-up ... More

Enjoyable and rewarding place to work.

I have been working at Vox Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The employees who make up the company are excellent. Everyone is easy to get along with and contribute to the relaxed environment in which we work in. As a lower level employee, I have been treated to many events on the company's tab which is a really nice perk. I feel like I have a chance to move up within the company and I have seen multiple lower level employees move up within the company in a relatively short amount of time.

Cons

As the company continues to grow, there should be more "concrete" policies with in the company. There is a degree of uncertainty when certain policies are brought up with no clear cut answer to them that should be addressed.

Try to acknowledge all employees, not just other management, this will make you more approachable. A simple "Hi, how are you?' goes a long way for lower level employees.

Nov 19, 2014Director of Demand Generation

Thank you for writing a review of Vox Mobile! As our company continues to grow so too will the way we operate. We’re evolving at an accelerated rate, as such, a certain level of pain is to be ... More

You Reap What You Sow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Independence, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Independence, OH

I have been working at Vox Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Hours with Flexible scheduling. They are willing to work with you.
    Good amount of PTO.
    Great People to work with.
    Awesome work environment.
    Fun inter office activities.
    Fells like a community or family.

Honestly, people are always complaining about getting a raise or a promotion. That you have to be a member of the upper management cliques to get anywhere when in reality, all you have to do is work hard and show you care about your job. Put as much in to the company as you want to get out of it. There is an air of entitlement to rocks the world today and people are forgetting that hard work and dedication get you where you want to be. If you are given a task, make sure that you are putting your all into that task. There is no fake it till you make it. If you are offered responsibility, show them that giving you that responsibility was not a mistake and they can trust you with tasks and that's how you get ahead. Vox is a place where hard work and dedication pay off, you reap what you sow.

Cons

No discipline policy. (Attendance, dress code and other HR issues)
    Short staffed currently.
    A little too laied back

Keep moving forward. Keep working on staffing. Keep working with your dedicated team members to remind them that you like what you see. When you value an employee, make it known. There needs to be some more structure and discipline added to the everyday work force. Right now, people are taking advantage of the atmosphere, of your rules. If you do these things, Vox will be unstoppable.

Nov 19, 2014Director of Demand Generation

Thank you for posting a Glassdoor review! It isn't often that we see someone who desires ‘more discipline’ in the workplace, but we understand your point. There are employees that have taken ... More

Config Tech

Current Employee - Config Tech in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Config Tech in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Vox Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

flexible work schedules
    Flexibility to meet family needs, personal obligations.

Cons

Little pay Compensation .

n/a

Nov 3, 2014Director of Demand Generation

Thank you for posting a review of Vox Mobile on Glassdoor. Vox Mobile is focused on "family-first" and goes to extraordinary lengths to accommodate it's employees' family obligations. This includes ... More

Fun and Awesome.

I have been working at Vox Mobile

Pros

Great pay and benefits and the company has a great vision of what is now and what is wants to be in the near future. Opportunites are there, but you have to work from the ground up to get there.

Cons

Hard to juggle multiple products and priorities that need to be done ASAP.

Oct 30, 2014Director of Demand Generation

Thank you for posting a review of Vox Mobile on Glassdoor. We appreciate your comments and are glad that your experience has been positive. Vox Mobile is very much a company on the rise, as such we ... More

If you enjoy losing, work here.

Former Employee - Mobility Specialist in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Mobility Specialist in Independence, OH

I worked at Vox Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture of the company prior to the Venture Capital money injection was great. People, management and work environment was great. The exposure to a new and exciting space was extremely beneficial.

Cons

Leadership is clueless, immature, out of synch with reality and lacks a solid plan on how to establish a sound growth plan. The culture has deteriorated to the point where talented and actively contributing employees have either been dismissed or left the company due to the "incestuous" nature of the management team and the broken promises. During the sprint to growth, large amounts of money was spent in all the wrong replaces, including a rebranding effort that wasn't needed nor did anything to help advance the company in a meaningful way.

No telecommuting in this day and age? That's unreal. The antiquated thought that if you're not in the office, you're not working is ludicrous. The location of the office is also ridiculous.

Mean what you say and say what you mean. Dissolve the cliquish nature of management and be more transparent. Be brutally honest with yourselves and make a whole-hearted attempt to restore the culture.

Nov 6, 2014Human Resources Manager

Thank you for posting your review of Vox Mobile on Glassdoor. Currently there are team by team guidelines for work at home. The majority of our support staff covering night and weekend shifts work ... More

Empty Promises

I have been working at Vox Mobile full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work scheduling; work from home options for some staff.

Very friendly coworkers.

Good entry level experience

Good amount of PTO

Cons

Disconnected Management.

Much of the Management team literally has no clue what they are doing; only have positions due to personal relationships with Executive team, essentially just delegate work off to the supervisors.

Overworked, underpaid and understaffed support center.

If you work in the support center good luck getting out; they will make promises of "opportunities to move up" which are really lies because the support center is so short staffed that moving anyone anywhere that doesn't revolve around answering phone calls is out of the question.

Canadian side of the support center is very incompetent; US team will frequently have to pick up for the other teams "Slack" also; Canadian support center has more days off due to holidays.

Company has a very hard time keeping their "Best and Brightest". People who work there are generally there because they have nowhere else to go and get out with the first chance they have.

Pays the core of their workforce well below industry standards; but will create random Director level positions for people at a whim. Also; management likes to hand themselves promotions.

Think outside the red bars.

Staff your support center properly.

Hire actually qualified people; not just anyone off of the street with customer service experience.

Pray your products and services continue to sell themselves.

Serious issues at the executive level

Current Employee - Sales (Engineering) in Independence, OH
    Current Employee - Sales (Engineering) in Independence, OH

I have been working at Vox Mobile full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We do a lot of good things in the mobile space. CEO is an excellent salesman.

Cons

- If you're not in the "inner circle" then look out; there is a well-defined buddy system from the C-level down
    - The core employees that are doing the critical work rarely get any recognition. When there IS recognition, it feels fake and forced
    - No performance reviews; good luck getting a raise
    - Employees are constantly told they will have opportunities to move "upward" but it never seems to happen. When it does, it's typically just a title change with no real substance
    - Extremely high job turnover, even for a relatively new company
    - Average salaries
    - Expected to work extra hours with no OT compensation

Look at how many talented employees have left the company over the years and try to figure out how to keep others in the future. Turnover is inevitable, but the reasons that people are leaving are not the right ones. Look at the success that we have had, and imagine how that could have been improved upon if we kept that talent.

Great CEO - Great Experience - great skill builder

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Independence, OH

I worked at Vox Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great experience in a fast growing industry. Kris the CEO was a true professional and visionary. He changed his flight and schedule to assist me personally in Columbus when I was only 7 months in. The employees became a family that I want to be successful even though we have parted ways.

Cons

Some management folks do need to focus on how to motivate and relate to the staff.

Ummmm.... Your in management and the company has consistent growth. I think I'm the one who should take the advice. Thanks Vox, I wish you all the best.

Small company trying to make a big splash

I worked at Vox Mobile full-time

Pros

Great people and core business is in a growing industry. Small business environment attempting to grow aggressively.

Cons

Corporate HQ location and lack of understanding of how to steadily grow business has caused the aggressive growth to rapidly contract. This leaves employees with instability and significant turnover.

Focus on the core business and live there. Alternate strategies are thinly veiled and not as robust as customers would prefer. Offering world class managed mobility services is done extremely well today and focused should be maintained there.

Vox Mobile Photos