Voxdata

Be The First To
Add Photos

France Couture

OK

Call Center Agent (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood people to work with

ConsHigh call volumes tight sales

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Mind-numbing, soul-crushing, terrible job selling credit card insurance for RBC

Inbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThey pretty much leave you alone after they hire you as long as you dont blatantly disregards the rules.

ConsYou are told when you are hired that you are activating RBC credit cards. The big lie is that the cards are already activated - The callers are siimply directed to you so that you can give them a fake spiel that while you wait to activate you want to tell them about a rip off insurance that costs WAY too much for terms that are far too restrictive.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdmit that this is a shady business - tell people on day 1 of training the truth of what they can expect to earn. Don't make them wait until day 5.

best place to practice stress management skills

Supervisor (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsYou will have a chance to work with some amazing people, or have the opportunity to help people

ConsAs a manager, you are forced to "build" cases, (or at least were forced back in 2009), company restructurises quite often, and seniority is not respected.

You will see lots of favoritism, if you're a buddy of a manager, then you can do no wrong (or in other words, no matter the wrongs you do, you will not be disciplined for)

Advice to Senior ManagementAct Ethically, make fair choices.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It sucked.

Outbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsMy first job ever.
    REALLY easy to get.
    Convenient location.

ConsObvious hire&fire revolving door.
    Never ever saw management in entire time there.
    They obviously hire employees who are ignorant of their workplace rights.
    Employees fired right before end of 3 month probation period to avoid paying benefits.
    EXTREMELY low morale among employees.
    Often felt like I was being herded from tiny cubicle to break room to cubicle to out the door at days end.
    Did not know better at the time but was threatened in certain ways by team leaders and management that are illegal in Canadian Law.

Advice to Senior ManagementInject some professionalism in their place.
    Change practices to allow employees to take pride in their work.
    Be aware that you are hated by the employees who call and the customers who answer.

Not the greatest

Customer Support (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsNice location ; easily accessible.
    Hours were steady
    The people were friendly
    The management was okie but not the best

ConsThe salary was minimum wage.

It was not really a customer service role thou it labels as one.

OK Positions for starters, stressful due to minimum sales.

Outbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros- Flexible schedules
    - Decent Pay
    - No experience needed for beginners

Cons- If you're in any sales position, prepare to be continually told and monitored
    - Sales incentives are ridiculous ("Get a free pen!")
    - You're borderline lying to consumers and the practices they teach you are probably illegal, most people I called were complaining

Advice to Senior ManagementThe employees quit because you're forcing them to do too many sales, it's not good rep. This is 2013, people hate getting sold services over the phone, find a new avenue.

High Turnover Rate of Call Centre

Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsAccessible location, fair starting job for a dead-end job

Consa disconnect from management to the floor, unrealistic expectations create a low moral for the Centre. High turnover rate. Obvious racial discrimmination.

Advice to Senior Managementdissatisfaction and retention comes from the top down.

Customer Service Inbound

Customer Service Inbound (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsNone very poorly run call centre

ConsTeam Leaders are unqualified for their positions and coaching. Conversion status is manipulated by team leaders. Very poor morale at centre due to favoratism of certain employees. The company does not want to pay bonuses as promised.. .

Advice to Senior ManagementGet professional team leaders with experience in coaching. Do not hire team leaders with no experience being Team Leaders. They do not know what they are doing and do not have any skills in professional management.

Very Bad experience working with Voxdata

Inbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGetting job for a shot period with competative rates Voxdata is good

ConsRude and discrimination at workplace keeping in mind the race/colour
    Working conditions are so bad
    Different pay rates
    No HR policy
    No quality Hire.
    Low job satisfaction

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a dire need to hire a trained and certified HR professional in Tronto office with the relevant education and skills. Things are being hide from the top management. There is a strong lobby inside headed by a team leader who is so rude and proud that employees are always under his threats. It is advised that a inquiry be conducted why the turnout is too high. There is a great imbalance in demand and supply of hire. No strategy to get more business.
    If the same teams remained Voxdata will lose a lot of business very soon.

Call Center Agent

Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsEasy job, short taining session.

ConsRepetitive, hard to make sale.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible

Worked for Voxdata? Contribute to the Community!