Voxeo Reviews

Sales

Current Employee - Sales in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Voxeo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company, good people, professional, ethical, and employee friendly. Treat all with utmost respect.

Cons

Sold the company, took the profits, and employees were hurt and without jobs.

Advice to Management

Improve exit for employees so they will be taken care of as they move on to their next job.

Used to be great

Former Employee - Customer Engineer II in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Engineer II in Orlando, FL

I worked at Voxeo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership used to be great but since they go acquired by Aspect all the great people seem to have left.

Cons

Low pay and very hard to advance

Advice to Management

Be more invested in your employee's careers. When I was there I had to fight tooth and nail to advance my career which was very unfortunate. It shouldn't be like this at any company. Advancement opportunities should be available and their path clear and unencumbered by office politics

Great company, excellent people

Current Employee - Customer Support Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Support Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Voxeo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company admits when its wrong
    Care about employees

Cons

Low starting salary for customer support engineers
    Company just got bought out, so the excellent health package we had it is being replaced

Fast paced, intelligent design, unparalleled customer service & support

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Voxeo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Full time barista with free espresso, mind blowing communications technology, passionate teams of smart people who are dedicated to ultimate customer experience.

Cons

Poor compensation and review increases, the company is in a transition stage between start up and corporate mentality which has affected culture.

6. Working with free lattes...

I have been working at Voxeo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Awesome environment! Casual and laid back - and full of brilliant people...in flip-flops!
    Amazing tech hub and inspirational to open communications (no offices or cubicles).
    You can't say enough about the incredible benefits - they definitely take care of their own (Voxeons)

Cons

The Plaza parking garage...ugh. BUT - it's FREE parking for us! So...is that really a "con"?

could be great

Current Employee - Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Voxeo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing coworkers, paid benefits, barrista, pong tables, free food. Super talented engineers. Company events are the best. Shared office is intresting. CEO is an engineer.

Cons

Pay is below average for most of us. Raises are only given when you complain or threaten to quit. Consequently, many of the best workers here are poorly paid. The CEO grew up in the area, so cronyism runs rampant. The entire management team is focused on selling the company ASAP, so some things do not get a lot of attention. Criticism is not welcome (hence my anon review)

Advice to Management

Stop promoting the shameless self promoters. Treat your support team better. You have not lived up to the 'extreme support' moniker for an extremely long time. Take action from our internal reviews.

8. Voxeo, is a great place to work

I have been working at Voxeo

Pros

This place is great. There is terrific communication between all levels of the company. In fact, the CEO shares the same work space that the rest of us do. He's right here. In fact, if I could call out to him, right now, as I write this. Every Friday, they bring in a free lunch for all employees and anyone else who happens to be visiting. Come on down on a Friday, and you'll see what I mean. We all get the best benefits, including killer stock options. I've worked at a lot of place, but this one is by far the best.

Cons

My wife says I spend too much time at work, but that's just because I love my job so much.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. We love what you are doing, and the directions you are taking this company.

This an honest review of Voxeo

I have been working at Voxeo

Pros

Location is really nice. The technology that they produce is really a big thing in the industry. However, with there attitude and slack, there customers will start leaving. There are some really cool people here, but the cons out weigh the pros

Cons

If you can, stay far away from this company. They will hire you and make the deal look very attractive. They will give you large salary and tell you how much stock you will get. You will work to death and in the end, you get part of what was promised. Management is VERY shady. Hypocrisy is the foundation of this company. In the end, they will walk you to the door and hire someone to replace you. The replacement, will only be the next victim. The company is only about the individuals that have actual shares (percentage) and nothing more. If you are looking for growth and a secure job, stay far from this company. If you are an older person, worst, stay away.

Advice to Management

It is too late to fix management. Except for a VERY few, they are all corrupted by the principles the company runs on. I would suggest one thing to the CEO, you need to start paying closer attention to what your management and senior staffs are doing.

10. In the original company: Amazing Company

Former Contractor - Sales Latin America in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Former Contractor - Sales Latin America in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I worked at Voxeo as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

In the original company: Dynamic, open mind and focused in technology
    In the Aspect version: no comments

Cons

In the original company: slow respond in latam business demands.
    In the Aspect version: The new owner don't control the rest of latin america, there are persons need to be heard.

Advice to Management

In the Aspect Version: Consider the persons in latin america of your own team, use human resource division to give a chance to your people to be heard of your problems.

11. Educational - but could be much better

I have been working at Voxeo

Pros

You get to work with some great people. The environment is extremely casual. Benefits are almost the best out there. You get experience working with some cool technologies.

Cons

Training is marginal, feedback is not objective, we are constrained from using the best tools for the job (for no other reason than ego). Management does not believe in raises (even cost of living). The employees that do the best are the ones that "make nice" as opposed to expressing their honest opinion. Accountability is almost non-existant.

Advice to Management

Try to keep an open mind.

Voxeo Photos