VyStar Credit Union

VyStar Credit Union President and CEO Terry R. West

Terry R. West

Good

I have been working at VyStar Credit Union full-time for more than a year

ProsThe training is great and in a nice facility/same building as Call Center.

ConsI did not feel there are any cons.

Overview

I have been working at VyStar Credit Union

ProsA lot of paid holidays

ConsSlim to none chances to move up fast

Great place to start but leave by 5th year in order to grow.

ProsNice benefit package.
They do look out for their members.
Great place to learn a specialty.
Very nice facilities.
They have grown over the years.

ConsPoor pay and morale.
Little recognition of employees by senior management.
Some marginal leaders VP level and down.
Sometimes hire less than competent employees and never fire them for poor performance, making it difficult for you to suceed at your job.
Not open to new ideas that make things better for employees or members, or improve performance of credit union overall.
Much of the leadership is driven by looking good to Mr. West and Bd. and saying what he wants to hear instead of what needs to be said. In some cases this has undermined the credit union morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior leaders need to keep up with current trends in marketplace and be proactive instead of reactive. In the past business just came to VyStar, but times are different now. The need to revise the sales strategy hiring better sales people and providing better more up to date products.

Great Culture Great Advancement Average Pay

I worked at VyStar Credit Union

ProsThe culture of the company and the people you work with are great. If you manage relationships in a corporate environment, then you will be promoted.

ConsAt any time, you can take a similar position at a competitor and get paid more. However you might not be as happy with your new position.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work (combining vacation and sick leave was a major negative in the employees' minds though. It essentially eliminated sick leave for me.)

Disappointing!

I worked at VyStar Credit Union

ProsThe employees are very friendly.

ConsEmployees are made to feel as if "big brother" is watching you. Management relies primarily on heresay to make decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide some work/life balance to employees.

Vystar finally supporting community events other than the typical charities we were basically forced to support.

Former MSR (Former Employee)

I worked at VyStar Credit Union

ProsI was out shopping one day recently and met a couple with a service dog in training who was wearing a VyStar employee badge. They told me the dog was being trained to one day assist a disabled Veteran. I thought that was great, not only that they were doing this but then they told me the dog goes to work every day at Vystar! WOW How cool is that? I think I remembering hearing about this when I was working there but never met the dog before. I had forgotten about it. I may no longer work for Vystar but any organization that lets their employees participate in such a wonderful community service is great! Way to go! Keep up the great work. Our Veterans need all the help they can get. I will continue to be a member as long as you continue to support programs such as this!

ConsAS a single parent I feel the organization was not always understanding on some of the limlitations and challenges on working and needing time off for children's Dr appts and 1st day of school. I would let my supervisor know a week or two in advance and they'd wait till the last minute to tell me yes or no to getting the time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementTerry West, Keep up the good work. I forgot to ask what branch the lady & dog work at...I am going to let all my friends know and maybe you'll get some new members who love dogs and who also want to 'support' our troops. Just basing my approval on this, I give you 5 thumbs up!!!

Wonderful - Not much to complain about

Member Relationship Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at VyStar Credit Union

ProsGreat People I work with, wouldnt change it for the world - Best Supervisor & VP!!!!

ConsHours - Especially on Saturdays

Worked for VyStar Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VyStar Credit Union reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for VyStar Credit Union CEO Terry R. West. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by VyStar Credit Union employees.