Würth Baer Supply Co.

2.8

Thomas O'Neill

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at Würth Baer Supply Co. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company treats its employees very well. My pay is competitive, the benefits are great, and the work is challenging. I've seen good performers advance and grow with the company, which means leadership values and recognizes the contributions of the good people. Some other reviews have talked that management doesn't know what's going on or isn't involved or knowledgeable about the industry. I just don't see this. Management is very well known and respected in the industry and if any employee wants to talk to top management, they can! Not many companies have a CEO that spends most of his day out on the "floor" speaking with employees whenever he's in town. Anyone can call or email Tom (CEO) regardless of position and voice their opinion/comments/concerns.

Cons

This is a job. All jobs/companies have a con or two. For me, there is nothing significantly bad to note about Wurth Baer.

Keep doing what your doing. Stay involved, ask for opinions and ideas from all levels to keep creativity flowing.

Grass wasn't greener on the other side.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at Würth Baer Supply Co. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits and pay are competitive. The company takes care of its employees with many options for healthcare and low premiums. The costs actually dropped for this year! The leadership team values the associates so much they give bonuses even if it means sacrificing their own.
    The company realized that the work environment is where we spend most of our week. As such, they have remodeled or enhanced many of the work locations.
    The company and parent company really value training and development. If you're vocal with your aspirations you can really take advantage of some great opportunities.

Cons

The culture is very fast paced. It seems there was always a new hot priority that overtook the last priority. This is one reason I left. What I found out from leaving and working elsewhere is that I actually thrive in this situation. The constant pressure and switch up of high priority topics makes each day exciting.
    Some managers haven't received proper training to be managers. This can negatively Impact associates reporting to the ill-trained supervisors. I realized that the top leadership team is open to hearing these concerns (after leaving) and will work to fix these mistakes by either offering training or re-assigning someone to a new role.

Communication with employees needs to come directly from the top to the lowest level. Cut out the middle management by sending out a quarterly update or having a large conference with all staff.

NOT A GOOD CAREER MOVE!

I worked at Würth Baer Supply Co.

Pros

Health Benefits.......nothing else to really say in this category. Pretty sad statement of the company. Work harder and smarter so more can be added to this section by future reviews.

Cons

Archaic management, promises with absolutely no intention of coming through, poor understanding of customers, competition rapidly catching up and surpassing, office cliques, poor pricing structure.....they think people will buy because of "who they are", arrogant, poor decisions on hiring and promotions of managers, etc, etc, etc.......the list could go on and on. This is all a shame because the company could be the greatest of their market.

Become humble and get your head out of the clouds. Make changes to pricing and offerings or your competitors will overtake you. You make the mistake of choosing managers who "crack the whip" rather than work with and develop their employees. But I suppose that's because of your, at times, arrogant (looking down your noses at people) attitude. You may be upper management but you DO NOT know everything and are not the best in your industry or profession.

Miserable senior management who only know how to manage thru fear and intimidation.

I worked at Würth Baer Supply Co. (more than 3 years)

Pros

They pay well...but they have to in order to keep people. There's just no other reason to put up with the daily beatings these jerks seem to enjoy inflicting.

Cons

From the CEO on down, Baer Supply has been managed by a succession of miserable, hateful, mean-spirited people who don't give staff the equipment or support they need to succeed.

Retire. I was there before Tom O'Neill became President, but he didn't look any different from Zettek and Mulvaney before him.

Terrible Experience

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Würth Baer Supply Co. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits. That's all!! There is nothing else positive to say about this company outside of benefits.

Cons

Management, does not listen to employees, false promises, never fulfills what they preach, condescending, unrealistic expectations, unrealistic goals, no real understanding of their customers and marketplace, ridiculous pricing, favoritism, etc, etc, etc. Any current employee who claims opposite is doing so out of fear of retaliation. Thank The Lord above that I found another job.

Completely change upper management. Rethink your pricing strategies before you're out of business. Customers only buy from you when they have to.

Large company, numbers focused.

Current Employee - Sales in Penn Wynne, PA
    Current Employee - Sales in Penn Wynne, PA

I have been working at Würth Baer Supply Co. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company provided me more support vs. what I realized at the time. My current employer is unreasonable, doesn't care. Baer Supply cared I just didn't realize that when I was there. But now it is very obvious to me that the grass is not always greener.
    Baer gave me the tools, the freedom and I had no clue on how good I could of had it. Baer always went to the board to find us more tools and programs and always tried to motivate us which I get none of that now.

Cons

Baer is hard on you when you are not achieving your numbers... Sometimes they were impatient but now I have realized that actually they tried to help even though they were impatient they just wanted me and my group to all do good.

Fix the pricing and truck routes and your team will be on top of the world. Keep open the communication with the president. He is impatient but is supporting and seems to understand the street perspective from my working with him.

Hard work and creative thinking is valued.

Current Employee - Rep
    Current Employee - Rep

I have been working at Würth Baer Supply Co. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership/management team is very open. You are able to communicate with them, share ideas and if the idea makes financial/marketing sense you are encouraged to move ahead. Empowering employees to make a difference.
    The company listens to their sales team: takes criticism, suggestions, challenges and creates opportunities to change.

Cons

Would encourage sharing of successes at every level not just sales.

Need to continue to promote from within and develop talent

Rewarding experience, never would of been given the same chances anywhere else

Current Employee - Staff in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Staff in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Würth Baer Supply Co. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Freedom when I am performing and meeting my objectives. Always challenging me to think more. Even paid a holiday check to having a good year.

Cons

Pressure is high to succeed. Can be stressful at times, but rewarding when successful.

Get rid of the slackers quicker, that are allowed to last to long.

Accept a job here at your own risk

I have been working at Würth Baer Supply Co. full-time

Pros

Decent car allowance, decent marketing material, decent promos on occasion, decent health insurance and benefits, and a whole lot of emails all day, every day.

Cons

This company thinks that running "sales blitzes" every other week is a good idea and management doesn't realize that our customers absolutely hate them and think that they're bush-league.

Care more about the opinions of your sales reps and fire managers that add nothing to the equation. If every rep in three different regions can't stand their sales manager, maybe that's a good indication that he's incompetent.

A Great Place to Work and Grow

I have been working at Würth Baer Supply Co. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Since the current leadership team took over 2+ years ago Wurth Baer Supply has flourished. Employees have a better work ethic, a better work environment and many more opportunities to grow within the Wurth organization. With some hard work and dedication the sky's the limit.

Cons

Working with a slim staff.
    As with most companies sales growth is very important, but as we grow financially internal personnel needs to be added. Work overload could cause ill will by employees and ultimately employee turn over.

When a policy is put in place it needs to be adhered to by all with no grey areas.

Würth Baer Supply Co. Photos