Würth Baer Supply Co. Reviews

Reset
3.1
Thomas O'Neill

1. Great place to work!

I have been working at Würth Baer Supply Co.

Pros

Great place to work if you like a fast paced environment where hard work, teamwork and performance are important and rewarded. Our Company has great potential. I work with great people daily.

Cons

The challenges are real and at times can be difficult to understand and overcome.

Advice to Management

Stay the course, work to minimize the noise.

2. Worthless company with head in the clouds

Former Employee - N/A in Vernon Hills, IL
    Former Employee - N/A in Vernon Hills, IL

I worked at Würth Baer Supply Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits were fantastic. A few people working through home office were real good and great to work with.

Cons

Upper management very unrealistic and NEVER practiced what was preached. A lot of talking out of both sides of the mouth. You could make some money but goals were ridiculous and NOT in line with industry expectations. Customers constantly complaining about the company and total lack of continuity. Customers would joke and laugh at senior management's feeble attempts at connecting with them on surprise visits. Which were clear attempts to check up on their sales reps. Trust seemed to be a huge issue here.

Advice to Management

Get a clue and get off of people's backs and let them do their job. Stop with the stupid sales blitzes. It's become an industry joke among customers and competition.

Don't work here if you are a sales rep.

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Würth Baer Supply Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, Benefits, and overall not a horrible company. Management was strong and they do a good job having available promotions.

Cons

Micro-management, and poor compensation plan. Compensation changed every couple years and it never seemed to be in the benefit of the sales rep. Not a positive sales environment.

Advice to Management

None

driver/closed

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Guilderland Center, NY
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Guilderland Center, NY

I have been working at Würth Baer Supply Co. (More than 3 years)

Pros

in side. nice job . good people to work for

Cons

stress . people not understanding , kid games

Advice to Management

none

6. Hard driving, but fair and honest

Current Employee - Hourly in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Hourly in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Würth Baer Supply Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

pay, new office, health programs, people, top level management

Cons

stress, hours, others that don't care, mid level management

Advice to Management

get the mid level and floor managers like the top management

Poor Sales Culture

Former Employee - Outside Sales Person in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Person in Chicago, IL

I worked at Würth Baer Supply Co.

Pros

The company is well know in its space. They will invest in inventory and have the systems in place to ensure good deliveries.

Cons

Senior management is just not honest or realistic. The CEO thinks of himself as knowing everything about selling but he really does not.....customers that have met him joke about him after he leaves. The COO is a stuffed shirt that barely puts a full day of work in. If you are an outside sales person with any skills at all do not waste your time here

Advice to Management

Stop managing the company to please your overlord in North Carolina. Be honest with your sales employees and do not ask them to do things that you are not willing to do.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at Würth Baer Supply Co. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company treats its employees very well. My pay is competitive, the benefits are great, and the work is challenging. I've seen good performers advance and grow with the company, which means leadership values and recognizes the contributions of the good people. Some other reviews have talked that management doesn't know what's going on or isn't involved or knowledgeable about the industry. I just don't see this. Management is very well known and respected in the industry and if any employee wants to talk to top management, they can! Not many companies have a CEO that spends most of his day out on the "floor" speaking with employees whenever he's in town. Anyone can call or email Tom (CEO) regardless of position and voice their opinion/comments/concerns.

Cons

This is a job. All jobs/companies have a con or two. For me, there is nothing significantly bad to note about Wurth Baer.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Stay involved, ask for opinions and ideas from all levels to keep creativity flowing.

Grass wasn't greener on the other side.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at Würth Baer Supply Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits and pay are competitive. The company takes care of its employees with many options for healthcare and low premiums. The costs actually dropped for this year! The leadership team values the associates so much they give bonuses even if it means sacrificing their own.
    The company realized that the work environment is where we spend most of our week. As such, they have remodeled or enhanced many of the work locations.
    The company and parent company really value training and development. If you're vocal with your aspirations you can really take advantage of some great opportunities.

Cons

The culture is very fast paced. It seems there was always a new hot priority that overtook the last priority. This is one reason I left. What I found out from leaving and working elsewhere is that I actually thrive in this situation. The constant pressure and switch up of high priority topics makes each day exciting.
    Some managers haven't received proper training to be managers. This can negatively Impact associates reporting to the ill-trained supervisors. I realized that the top leadership team is open to hearing these concerns (after leaving) and will work to fix these mistakes by either offering training or re-assigning someone to a new role.

Advice to Management

Communication with employees needs to come directly from the top to the lowest level. Cut out the middle management by sending out a quarterly update or having a large conference with all staff.

NOT A GOOD CAREER MOVE!

I worked at Würth Baer Supply Co.

Pros

Health Benefits.......nothing else to really say in this category. Pretty sad statement of the company. Work harder and smarter so more can be added to this section by future reviews.

Cons

Archaic management, promises with absolutely no intention of coming through, poor understanding of customers, competition rapidly catching up and surpassing, office cliques, poor pricing structure.....they think people will buy because of "who they are", arrogant, poor decisions on hiring and promotions of managers, etc, etc, etc.......the list could go on and on. This is all a shame because the company could be the greatest of their market.

Advice to Management

Become humble and get your head out of the clouds. Make changes to pricing and offerings or your competitors will overtake you. You make the mistake of choosing managers who "crack the whip" rather than work with and develop their employees. But I suppose that's because of your, at times, arrogant (looking down your noses at people) attitude. You may be upper management but you DO NOT know everything and are not the best in your industry or profession.

Miserable senior management who only know how to manage thru fear and intimidation.

I worked at Würth Baer Supply Co. (More than 3 years)

Pros

They pay well...but they have to in order to keep people. There's just no other reason to put up with the daily beatings these jerks seem to enjoy inflicting.

Cons

From the CEO on down, Baer Supply has been managed by a succession of miserable, hateful, mean-spirited people who don't give staff the equipment or support they need to succeed.

Advice to Management

Retire. I was there before Tom O'Neill became President, but he didn't look any different from Zettek and Mulvaney before him.

RSS Feed </> Embed