W.B. Mason

Updated January 15, 2015
Updated January 15, 2015
2.5

Leo J. Meehan III

Pros
  • Good benefits (exception of 401K) (in 8 reviews)

• Decent pay especially for someone right out of undergrad (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales reps must constantly fight for their territory, and territories are luck of the draw (in 9 reviews)

• Absolute lack of professionalism in the c-suite (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Work Hard, Play Hard!

Current Employee - Marketing in Brockton, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Brockton, MA

I have been working at W.B. Mason full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People that work here are passionate about what they do-highly invested in personal and professional success. Tremendous opportunities for growth and very competitive pay. Work atmosphere is fun-never a dull moment and always something new to work on! There is a great team atmosphere and your co-workers quickly become your closest friends and cheerleaders.

Cons

Work is never done at the end of the day-there is so much to do and not enough hours in the day. There are a lot of growth initiatives and you must be able to adapt to these changing priorities. If you cannot multitask, your job will be overwhelmingly challenging. Each employee needs to make a solid (and daily) effort to maintain a healthy work-life balance because of the workload.

Try to implement a more formal training program and improve corporate communications between departments. Work space at headquarters is currently undergoing a massive renovation which will do wonders for the work environment and culture since headquarters is in Brockton. Company needs to invest in technology to improve productivity and stay in line with current marketing trends.

Great for as a first step

Former Employee - Web Designer
    Former Employee - Web Designer

I worked at W.B. Mason full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people were awesome and fun to work with every day.
    They threw awesome parties and events that were always desirable to participate in.
    There were opportunities to learn and foster individual skills when needed.
    The atmosphere was great, I loved the Marketing department and my cube, and cookies on birthdays :)

Cons

Unclear path for growing my career goals
    Terrible location of the office
    Perspective on work-to-employee ratio was off, and it was nearly impossible to get approval for hiring when we needed more people in certain areas. For example, there was one web designer and 5 print designers for much longer than was sustainable.

It may be worth filling out larger teams for the web, aside from eCommerce and Dev, to include enough people for interaction designers, UI/UX design, and graphic design. The catalogue is so important of course, so doing it justice on the web is big undertaking.

I love getting up and going to work everyday!

I have been working at W.B. Mason full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Endless money to be made. Large amount of vertical business to sell. And the company promotes from within. Every business uses what we sell and it can be lucrative.

Cons

Management in some branches is bad, lazy people who preach but do not lead by example.

Who am Ito give advice. I have a great manager.

Shameless

Current Employee - Product Mover in East Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Product Mover in East Windsor, CT

I have been working at W.B. Mason

Pros

Coworkers
    And the fact that Management has blinders on so you can get over on them.

Cons

East Windsor location and the powers to be
    P S and P G just awful. The fact that blue collar worker's are treated like second class citizens and are only offered 30 to 50 cent raises per year while management getsa large bonus after the meeting at Foxx woods casino every year. I think management tends to forget that it's the driversame that really run the Company.
    With out us the good would never move.
    I think it's time for a union and that's why the call has been placed to the locals to see are next step.

I'm not sure what you ga in from treating as all like such garbage. ..

Please let us know.

Resign you all are so out of touch.
    So the unions will be in so things will get better

Idk

Current Employee - Production Associate in Brockton, MA
    Current Employee - Production Associate in Brockton, MA

I have been working at W.B. Mason

Pros

Free Coffee, good pay for entry level,

Cons

Hierarchal competition, lack of amiability amongst workers, lack of sociability, sense of vicious competitiveness between workers, etc

It was a good temporary job in terms of compensation. I wouldn't recommend it for a long term job.

Former Employee - Furniture Delivery in Cranston, RI
    Former Employee - Furniture Delivery in Cranston, RI

I worked at W.B. Mason full-time (less than an year)

Pros

relaxed working environment, and compensation.

Cons

culture, work-life balance, lack of efficient management, difficult time getting time off.

Overtime shouldn't be a mandatory thing, people have lives outside of work. There should be more people in the warehouse and less on the road. There is a lot of time spent sitting around and the entire warehouse could be much more efficient

A good job for a hard worker.

Former Employee - Supply Driver in Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Supply Driver in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at W.B. Mason full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay. Plenty of hours.

Cons

Lack of management interaction with employees and a disconnect that leads to unrealistic expectations.

More of an understanding of what employees deal with in the day to day would be beneficial.

Very good learning experience. Great people to work with.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at W.B. Mason

Pros

Hired with no experience when other companies would not. Overtime makes up for the low hourly pay. Job security and good benefits.

Cons

Customer service and sales reps call you all day long non stop. Next day delivery service makes customers very angry if you don't get they're stuff to them.

Happy drivers means happy customers. A driver will work harder for you if you treat them right.

Okay Place to Work

I worked at W.B. Mason full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay for this job is okay and the benefits are really good. Good job for first starting out. The company has a younger workforce, so depending on your age that could be good or bad. Co-workers very supportive and try to help you succeed. The company offers very deserve products so you can potentially capture a sales from a variety of companies.

Cons

The training for this job is terrible. It is an extremely "sink or swim" environment that offers little guidance if you are having issues. They do not provide a means to improve your product knowledge that allows you excel at the job. Managers provide different and often contradictory instructions on how to do something. You sometimes have to lie to a customer in order to cover for mistakes beyond your control.

Provide better training regarding the sales process and provide better coaching for those who are having issues.

It's okay

I have been working at W.B. Mason part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility, and there are great benefits

Cons

not getting benefits since i am not ft

keep it going