W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital

www.wjbradley.com

W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2014

William J. Bradley

Pros
  • Good pay, great co-workers, good with working with schedules (in 3 reviews)

• Some good people - mostly in mid-management - to work with (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • They do this because senior management has NO idea how to run a successful company (See CAG references in other reviews) (in 3 reviews)

• When you say "its not for the faint of heart" (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Ok place to work

Consumer Direct Loan Officer (Current Employee)

ProsBeautiful Offices
    Awesome Benefits
    Great System
    Underwriting Turn Times Fluctuate
    Multiple State Licensing

ConsNot very good leads
    All Outbound calls
    Lead distribution uneven

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

I enjoyed working at WJ Bradley mainly due to my wonderful co-workers... Other than that, it was just an OK job.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsWonderful co-workers... always willing to help when needed. Enjoyed our monthly meeting and lunches. My last branch manager was always flexible regarding time off, etc.

ConsAwful management. No communication. Pay was not great at all. No training provided (except for asking co-workers)

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be some sort of management with employees and Loan Officers. The communication was absolutely awful. Employees who do their job and do it well need to be rewarded somehow.

Don't do it.....ONLY COME HERE AS A LAST RESORT

ops center (Current Employee) Sandy, UT

ProsYou'll get a paycheck every two weeks. Let's see Um

ConsToo many to count. Job security is literally a punch line in this place. I'm not kidding. Fifty percent layoff and hire in 1 year which is unbelievable. Morale... Just saying that around here evokes a chuckle among other people who know how this company works. Benefits? Let's just put it this way benefits, culture, attitude top down, and morale are consistently subpar with the industry and that's the nice way to put it.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter sell the company before it's too late

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible Company. Don't even waste your time.

Closer (Current Employee)

ProsWhen the company's B E S T reviews has to say things like "well. ahem.. its uh....not for the faint of heart...." or "there are some....."industry" challenges" RUN. The positive reviews are varnished vague reviews of what exactly to expect at WJB its sort of a "well you make it what you want" type of thing. Way to spin it! Bravo! (probably put up by order of management to disguise the rating)

ConsThe layoff and attrition rates in this company are so high its embarrassing and almost impossible to defend. When you say "its not for the faint of heart" ....its just a reluctant desperate attempt to excuse the horrendous track record this company has. Its laughable because there has been 6 layoffs in 4 years (more than 1 layoff a year). HUGE Branches have voluntarily left, layoffs have been massive; when companies of similar size are laying off 20-30 people and YOU are laying off hundreds (6 months after hiring hundreds) thats not "the industry".... thats you. Don't say "oh its the industry" to make excuses for poor management projections you guys ultimately control how bad the bleeding is when its bad you make the calls on how many to hire. Take SOME responsibility for how you do your job. Thats the main reason why the employees (both former and current) have lost ALL TRUST in anything you say.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhats sad is even the people you still have are not loyal. its a joke. W.J.Bradley had potential to be great. A complete overhaul of new upper management is not just needed, its absolutely VITAL at this point.

Sr. Management on-site were very smart and knew what they were doing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat People - Great Location

ConsPoor management practices from Corporate Headquarters

Incredible environment, supportive and responsive. WJ Bradley people make it easy to work for.

Accountant (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsIn general the company is committed to providing high quality tools and training to do the job you are asked to do. The environment is very low stress, with a lot of support to grow your career from management. There are deadlines like any job but there is a full perspective on this company that employees have lives.

ConsThe mortgage industry has some challenges inherent in it. WJ Bradley navigates those well overall, but those considering a job should make sure they understand the industry first, some people from other industries seemed not to understand many unique aspects of a highly regulated and somewhat cyclical industry.

I love the mortgage business

Prosfast paced growth oriented organization

Consthe mortgage business is not for the faint of heart

Was a good company

ProsSadly there are not a lot of pros to list. This place has lost its culture and its way to manage. It has become an extremely toxic workplace. If you are looking to constantly be under pressure and not feel appreciated then this place is for you.

ConsWhere do I start? Management needs a complete overhaul, starting from the top to the bottom. The company has not been profitable in over 6 months. And it will continue to have a net loss for the remainder of 2014. They have already laid off over 50% of the workforce but more cuts are needed in order to turn profitable again under their current structure. However, if they do cut more people, the company will not be able to operate and that there is where their problem is. They need to completely restructure the business for things to hopefully work out for them. Oh and one more thing, CAG: what a joke. Despite their need to cut spending they went on to hire 30 army veterans to do nothing. Excellent strategy!

Advice to Senior ManagementGo home. You would not be managers at any other respectable/profitable company which is why you are still at WJB.

Software Engineer

Software Engineer (Former Employee) South Jordan, UT

ProsCo-workers were really good to work with. Used some interesting technologies

ConsAlthough most management was good there were some problems with communications to the software team. Additionally there were some conflicts between some management.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to use the software team to their full potential. Use more agile methods to turn business requests into software features.

They built us up with promises only to let us down.

Doc Prep/Doc Review (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsWhen things were good, they were really good. Friendly management. Competitive pay. Professional environment.

ConsThey went through this huge hiring process and picked up all these people and opening all these offices promising they understood the direction the market was going and that we were going to blow up with work and to get ready for some serious overtime. We sat and waited. For months. Soon everyone had this walking on eggshells, gut wrenching feeling that layoffs were near. We would get updates from corporate saying that everything was okay and to not worry. DON'T PANIC! About 1-2 months later, they pulled about 100+ of us in a conference room and let us all go. They did this 3 times with 100-150 every time. It ended up being about 600-700 people to be let go. They gave us our severance which was nice. They escorted us out of the building like we were inmates and that was it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe next time you anticipate a huge turn in the market, don't jump the gun. Don't go on a hiring spree and don't lie to the employees telling them things are okay only to let them go a month later. We all knew everything was going down hill fast.

Worked for W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital? Contribute to the Community!