W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital

Updated November 9, 2014
Updated November 9, 2014
3.5

William J. Bradley

Pros
  • Good pay, great co-workers, good with working with schedules (in 4 reviews)

• Challenging, fast paced and very rewarding (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • They do this because senior management has NO idea how to run a successful company (See CAG references in other reviews) (in 4 reviews)

• Too concerned with worthless accolades from industry magazines no one reads (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Positive Culture Where Employees are Given Opportunities

Current Employee - Mortgage Professional in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Mortgage Professional in Sandy, UT

I have been working at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for W.J. Bradley for a while, and I would not consider leaving. The management staff has been very supportive of my career and the career of my co-workers. I have learned a lot, and have been given opportunity after opportunity to develop my skill set and develop myself into a more valuable mortgage professional. If you act like a professional and want to be treated like one and pushed to expand your limits, this is a great place for you. If you want to punch a clock and complain, WJB is not the place for you.

Cons

The Company is great but the mortgage industry is constantly changing, so if you don't like risk or change you won't like the industry.

We're headed in the right direction - keep it up!

The Perfect Employer

I have been working at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital

Pros

- Zero mortgage experience required
    - Zero business experience required
    - Extremely vet friendly
    - Powerful Think Tank gets things done
    - Job security (for my team)
    - People keep their opinions to themselves (as it should be)
    - Life Work balance is perfect - early departures are not frowned upon
    - The list is truly endless

Cons

As the review title suggest, this truly is the perfect job. Anyone who hints otherwise is off message and should re-evaluate their job prospects. There is no room in this organization for your negativity.

Keep up the great work. Eventually everyone else will get it...

Always working toward improvement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I have been working at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Leadership listens to the employees and seeks to address their questions and concerns through newly introduced Town Hall meetings. The company is always striving to improve things like product offering, technology, and marketing. Compensation and work life balance are really good. Many of the people are really kind and friendly.

Cons

Some employees seem to gossip more than at previous companies I've worked at. Some departments don't respond quickly to internal emails from other departments which can be frustrating when projects are held up as a result.

Encourage more collaboration and cooperation between departments. Continue to strive to be transparent and address employee questions and concerns.

If you're a high performing LO, call WJB. They're on it.

I have been working at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital full-time

Pros

WJB is making huge changes to the way they do business. It's all about making it so the LOs can close more loans and take better care of the borrower at the same time. We've got good products, good pricing, and top-notch service. There's also open and frequent dialogue with the branch leaders, with full tracking and commitment to meet their needs. The atmosphere at the corporate level is one of real innovation, supported by a powerful think-tank (the "CAG") that provides direct support to the CEO. If you need something, it'll get done.

Cons

Every company expands and contracts in relation to the market. You've got to have realistic expectations.

Drive on!

Great employees and working environment

I have been working at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employees I work with are the best part of the job! It is challenging and rewarding work.

+Great health benefits +Pay +Stable/Growing organization

Cons

Upward movement into a management position is difficult

Great Company To Work For

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Pros

WJB has a great environment and company culture. The salaries and benefits are competitive for the Denver area. This is a rare company where the leadership actually cares about employees. Coworkers are very friendly and helpful and the work is meaningful.

Cons

The mortgage industry is cyclical and it affects all companies. Fortunately WJB handles the cycle well, due to strong leadership.

WJB, a great place to work and advance your career

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Centennial, CO

Pros

Professional environment
    Focused on career progression
    Vet friendly
    ethical
    located in an amazing part of the country!
    Strong professional leadership

Cons

currently only doing residential home loans, if the company was involved in more parts of the banking sector it would provide more opportunities

Continue aggressive growth strategy and to take feedback from the entire enterprise.

Great Company

Current Employee - Analyst in Centennial, CO

I have been working at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- People are great
    - CEO genuinely cares about his employees
    - Fast paced environment
    - Driven to succeed in the industry
    - A company with strong values and discipline
    - Innovative and always looking to the future to determine the strength and health of the company

Cons

- I have no Cons to discuss.

W.J. Bradley is a fast paced no compromise environment focused on integrity and innovation

Current Employee - Analyst in Centennial, CO

Pros

The people and the leadership make the difference. I feel a strong sense of fellowship with my co-workers and direction from my direct supervisors. Mr. Bradley is a strong personality who will motivate you to want to be more. The culture is competitive but I can always count on my co-workers to provide help when I get bogged down. Leadership always expects the best from you, the goals are lofty and innovation is rewarded.

Cons

It can be hard to meet the expectations form the leadership for innovation and creativity. Often I find myself working on the weekend attempting to solve complex problems. Work-life balance can be difficult to maintain because the pace is relentless.

Spend more time communicating with those of us lower on the corporate ladder, provide more insight on the mission so we are all working for the same goal.

W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital is by far the most rewarding Company I have experienced.

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Centennial, CO

I have been working at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Incredibly entrepreneurial. Zero micromanagement. The CEO's honesty, transparency, ethics, loyalty and burning fire to win each and every day drive us all to succeed both individually and for the team. We are blessed to work with some of the most talented executives, originators, operational and support personnel in the business. Even in the leanest of times, WJB invests heavily in infrastructure, technology, relationships, acquisitions and top tier talent. If you are career minded and driven to succeed as a member of an exceptional team look no further.

Cons

If you do not possess some or all of these traits: maturity, passion, intelligence, loyalty and drive; then WJB is not the right place for you.

Keep doing what you're doing.

W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital Photos