W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital

Updated January 26, 2015
Updated January 26, 2015
3.4

William J. Bradley

Pros
  • Good pay, great co-workers, good with working with schedules (in 4 reviews)

• Challenging, fast paced and very rewarding (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • They do this because senior management has NO idea how to run a successful company (See CAG references in other reviews) (in 4 reviews)

• Too concerned with worthless accolades from industry magazines no one reads (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Needs some work

Former Employee - Legal in Greenwood Village, CO
    Former Employee - Legal in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people are great to work with, the compensation is good and the work-life balance was great.

Cons

There was not room for movement or growth in the area I was in and management doesn't know how to utilize their employees to their fullest potential

Take advantage of the potential of employees, allow them to do more than you think they are capable of doing and you might just be surprised.

Management to be Re-Evaluated

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I have been working at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A knowledgeable management team on which you can rely when an issue needs to be escalated. A comfortable atmosphere that provides a level of stability while pushing you to do your personal best. A culture that prides themselves on the quality of their work.

Cons

All of the above-listed pro's were undone with the recent layoff. Understood that layoffs are common in the mortgage industry, however morale is at an all-time low.

Laying off managers with years of experience leaves the remaining department crippled and scrambling. Knowing there is nobody left who actually knows how to resolve an escalated issue is panic-inducing. Quality will suffer (as will the company's reputation) and since this is what your employees pride themselves on, perhaps this was an unwise decision.

Good work experience; very few flaws IMO

Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Greenwood Village, CO
    Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is good
    Management was knowledgeable
    System was easy to learn
    Work environment was good - no micro managing
    O/T when available was optional not mandatory

Cons

Do not prepare you as well as they could for you to improve your skills & move you higher up

Evaluate your employees on a more frequent basis and see what employees are your producers and get rid of dead weight. If everyone on the team is on the same gear the ride will be smoother & swifter.

W. J. BADLY

I worked at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital

Pros

There were not many pros at WJB, just amateurs.

Cons

Con artists, yes. How else could leadership get and hold onto their positions.

Effectively, there is no management or leadership.

Positive Culture Where Employees are Given Opportunities

Current Employee - Mortgage Professional in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Mortgage Professional in Sandy, UT

I have been working at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for W.J. Bradley for a while, and I would not consider leaving. The management staff has been very supportive of my career and the career of my co-workers. I have learned a lot, and have been given opportunity after opportunity to develop my skill set and develop myself into a more valuable mortgage professional. If you act like a professional and want to be treated like one and pushed to expand your limits, this is a great place for you. If you want to punch a clock and complain, WJB is not the place for you.

Cons

The Company is great but the mortgage industry is constantly changing, so if you don't like risk or change you won't like the industry.

We're headed in the right direction - keep it up!

The Perfect Employer

I have been working at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital

Pros

- Zero mortgage experience required
    - Zero business experience required
    - Extremely vet friendly
    - Powerful Think Tank gets things done
    - Job security (for my team)
    - People keep their opinions to themselves (as it should be)
    - Life Work balance is perfect - early departures are not frowned upon
    - The list is truly endless

Cons

As the review title suggest, this truly is the perfect job. Anyone who hints otherwise is off message and should re-evaluate their job prospects. There is no room in this organization for your negativity.

Keep up the great work. Eventually everyone else will get it...

Always working toward improvement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Pros

Leadership listens to the employees and seeks to address their questions and concerns through newly introduced Town Hall meetings. The company is always striving to improve things like product offering, technology, and marketing. Compensation and work life balance are really good. Many of the people are really kind and friendly.

Cons

Some employees seem to gossip more than at previous companies I've worked at. Some departments don't respond quickly to internal emails from other departments which can be frustrating when projects are held up as a result.

Encourage more collaboration and cooperation between departments. Continue to strive to be transparent and address employee questions and concerns.

If you're a high performing LO, call WJB. They're on it.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I have been working at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital full-time

Pros

WJB is making huge changes to the way they do business. It's all about making it so the LOs can close more loans and take better care of the borrower at the same time. We've got good products, good pricing, and top-notch service. There's also open and frequent dialogue with the branch leaders, with full tracking and commitment to meet their needs. The atmosphere at the corporate level is one of real innovation, supported by a powerful think-tank (the "CAG") that provides direct support to the CEO. If you need something, it'll get done.

Cons

Every company expands and contracts in relation to the market. You've got to have realistic expectations.

Drive on!

Great employees and working environment

Pros

Employees I work with are the best part of the job! It is challenging and rewarding work.

+Great health benefits +Pay +Stable/Growing organization

Cons

Upward movement into a management position is difficult

W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital is by far the most rewarding Company I have experienced.

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Centennial, CO

I have been working at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Incredibly entrepreneurial. Zero micromanagement. The CEO's honesty, transparency, ethics, loyalty and burning fire to win each and every day drive us all to succeed both individually and for the team. We are blessed to work with some of the most talented executives, originators, operational and support personnel in the business. Even in the leanest of times, WJB invests heavily in infrastructure, technology, relationships, acquisitions and top tier talent. If you are career minded and driven to succeed as a member of an exceptional team look no further.

Cons

If you do not possess some or all of these traits: maturity, passion, intelligence, loyalty and drive; then WJB is not the right place for you.

Keep doing what you're doing.

W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital Photos