WBB Consulting

3.1

William C. McMullen

Large Enough to Make an Impact Yet Still Very Nimble

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

WBB is a growing company making a strategy change of turning into a Prime. They/we have been transitioning for the past couple of years. This gives the employees an opportunity to work on a range of opportunities in different sectors and also allowing the ability to learn the full life cycle of managing government contracts. ( I used to work in AF now DHS). Teams have an outstanding work ethic. WBB has incredible client delivery emphasizing a quality, customer-centric output. .

Cons

As with any consulting firm, benefits are deteriorating but I have found that to be the case through out the market.

Great Benfits

I worked at WBB Consulting

Pros

Salary and Benefits was one of the best.

Cons

Not much support from Management.

Be more supportive

Great people. Great company. Very pleased to work here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people I work with are intelligent, passionate, and hard working A-type personalities. But, what you find here that you don't find at other consulting firms is plenty of support from the executives and camaraderie from the people around me. When I have a problem or roadblock I need to get around, I can easily pick up the phone or walk down the hall to get support.

Cons

I wanted to give the company 4.5 stars but am not allowed. The company is going through changes. They recently modified our PTO down to stay current with the market. It was somewhat disruptive with many of the "older WBBers" complaining. But the companies I have worked for in the past (four other consulting companies) have given far less with many more demands.

Start hiring a younger workforce to directly support the seniors and execs.

Excellent people

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time

Pros

Fellow employees are very good people working hard to provide the best for customers. The location is excellent, being right off the toll road. Working conditions are excellent, facilities are well maintained and employees are provided the tools to properly do their work. Management is trying to do the right things.

Cons

Uncertain market leads to lack of employment security, limits any opportunity for raises or bonuses. The uncertainty creates a negative environment over time.

Stay away from this place

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

WBB was great when I started three years ago, but has gone down hill very fast.

Cons

No vision. Outdated product line. Leadership is a slave to the private equity company that owns WBB and the banks. Insular management at the VP and senior level, they don't talk to the worker bees. Used to be an open, fun, company. Now people worry all the time about losing their jobs. The BD team is very large, but the company is shrinking. The Business Sectors are really putting the squeeze on staff for maximum hours. AT the same time, they are cutting employee benefits. There is no future here.

Ditch the whole BD team, it seems very ineffective. Fire all the VPs and Sr VPs (CEO, COO, CDO, CFO) across the company and get in some fresh, competent leadership. Care for your the worker bees.

Typical Beltway Bandit

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I worked at WBB Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Somewhat competitive starting pay, provided that you are continuously bringing in revenue.

Cons

Too big to be competitive on small contracts; not big enough to be prime contractor on anything with fat profit margins.

Recent buyout by private equity company has ravaged benefits, leaving the company with no competitive advantage with respect to attracting and retaining quality employees.

Customer-site employees get zero support from corporate management. They won't even buy a decent microphone for company-wide meetings, such that anyone dialing in remotely can't understand what is being said.

You won't get pay raises at this company.

Treat your employees like people, rather than interchangeable cash factories.

Disappointing Management, CDO does not understand business, outdated capabiltiies

I worked at WBB Consulting full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The workerbees are good, but they leave the company because of poor focus from leadership

Cons

No salary growth for 3 years; Constant fear of losing job; Client site billabe employees are not treated well. Too many VPs with no direct reports and no well defined job function/role.

Revamp your BD leadership, remove CDO, retain top performers, and get rid of overhead VP layers

Not a company that seeks to retain it's employees.

Current Employee - Servces in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Servces in Washington, DC

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The ideal job if you are interested in constantly pursuing your own initiatives. The company demands excellence. They take pride in having an elitist mentality, and strives to uphold the reputation. It is true that the company leadership and cornerstone is prior military, male, and over 40... The company is built off it's executive connections and naturally leans toward hiring individuals that can bolster and expand those relationships. If you have a knack for identifying potential contract vehicles or profitable endeavors it can be a great place to work.

Cons

Did not follow through with promises given during the initial hiring process regarding compensation. Even when delivering exceptional service and praise at each annual evaluation still presented with pay cuts rather then incentives. Does not provide avenues for growth within the company if employed under a services contract.

I have no issues with upper management. Out of sight, out of mind I suppose. It is unfortunate that the satellite employees have so little opportunity to connect with on-site. Being alienated removes the sense of loyalty, comradery, and honor that comes with working closely with the consulting side of the company.

WBB Review

I worked at WBB Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not much, unless you're at corporate or past military.

Cons

Very antiquated mode of operation. Still thinks it's a boutique shop. Values corporate and past military folks more than billable employees. Too many VPs for the number of people in the company.

Great people to work with, pleasant work environment, good company reputation.

Former Employee - Manager in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Manager in Reston, VA

I worked at WBB Consulting full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, freedom to initiate ideas. Lots of opportunity if you can manage to bring in your own portfolio of business

Cons

Requirement to bring in business to support yourself--this is a dual edged sword. Otherwise you are dependent on others to keep you employed.