WDM Group

Marketing (Current Employee)

ProsGoal oriented staff
    Innovative
    Freedom to experiment
    Lots of opportunity for the right candidate
    cohesive, tight group of employees

I started off as an intern and was given the opportunity to grow into the group's marketing manager. I have gained invaluable experience and am thankful for the experience I was given while with WDM Group.

ConsThe company is young and flexible and changes quickly. It would be frustrating for a candidate that could not adapt just as quickly.

Great Opportunity for those just starting out their careers. Great experience builder.

Carlsbad, CA

ProsThis company provides an exceptional opportunity to jump into one's chose career path. Offers a great deal of opportunity to get comprehensive experience. Fantastic department heads.

Cons1) Poor high-level decision making (i.e. CEO) 2) some nasty non-team players 3) sub par compensation

Advice to Senior Management1) Focus on strengthening current product offerings instead of expanding 2) Improve and increase inter and intradepartmental communication

Poor business model --> bad work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsGood IT department. People are nice. Friendly and social atmosphere.

ConsLow pay, high turnover, CEO and owner are out of touch with reality. Revenue/sales model is deceitful and short sighted.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to reinvent the wheel and focus on what you already have going on and how to make it better.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working hard to innovate and grow

Carlsbad, CA

ProsI have been working for the WDM Group for many years and whilst the road has been quite winding over the last couple of years, it is great to see the company finally emerging from its tough times with positive energy and a very motivated management team.

ConsThe company is constantly evolving and creating new generation products so you have to be prepared to change with it and not stand still - this is the internet age and technology is moving fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeveloping a team culture in management is crucial to future success

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

WDM Group

Senior Research Director (Current Employee)
    Beverly, MA

ProsI am a current WDM Group employee and have been with the company over five years. WDM Group has been great to work at for me. The culture is 1 that is first off demonstrated by Management and runs throughout the organization which is 1 of hard work and quality. The products are digital and state of the art which allows me to bring a great product to market.

ConsI would like to work in the San Diego office

The benefits of hard work!!!

ProsQuality Product
    Unlimited earning potential for those willing to work hard for it
    Good staff

ConsNot enough hours in the day to get everything done

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication between all the offices

Still growing..........

Sales (Current Employee)
    Carlsbad, CA

ProsLike a lot of staff here I have been working for WDMGroup for nearly 7 years. I started on the first run of the ladder and had the opportunity to work my way up to Senior Management and was also offered the opportunity to work overseas. A good positive atmosphere and for those that want to achieve and be successful they also offer uncapped commissions, can't grumble with that!

ConsA complex Sales Process but everything offered is attainable. Finding the right staff can only make this company stronger...

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to develop brands and recognition

Worse company in Carlsbad

Designer (Current Employee)

Prosgreat location
    well decorated office
    young environment
    everyone hangs out, drinks a lot
    no standards or quality

Consinexperienced managers
    heavy workload
    lack of motivation
    bizarre culture
    lack of support
    high turnover
    constant layoffs
    too many chiefs, not enough braves

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying and developing young professionals into criminals

Not the most honest company...

Research Director (Former Employee)
    Beverly, MA

ProsRelaxed, young work environment, the line level employees always try to help each other. Occasionally there is some real positive energy and this helps with motivation and drive.

ConsConstantly cycling through dead end leads or people who already have been offered the product at one point or another, for one. However the big problem is the product itself. These are not "leading industry publications" as I was told to refer to them as. If the businesses who are in that industry sector have never heard of them, why would they want to be featured and have their vendors buy ads? I was sick of feeling dishonest by quoting false circulation numbers that were fed to me by executives who couldn't possibly believe the numbers to be real.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the content of the product and the circulation. The digital brochure product is terrific, probably the most valuable part of the package, but if the rest of the magazine content was better, more fluid and marketed better, maybe the product would be worth selling. Until then, I think this is a failure waiting to happen, to be honest.

A Company Going in the Right Direction!

Staff (Current Employee)
    Carlsbad, CA

ProsConsiderable work has been accomplished in the past few month to restructure, re-organize and generally improve all aspects of this business (financially, operationally, personnel / human resources, and even the sales process).

ConsThere is still much to be done to tranform this business into the first-class organization it aims to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course and don't get distracted by the noise. If you can't change the people, then change the people...

Worked for WDM Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WDM Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WDM Group CEO Glen White. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by WDM Group employees.