WDS Reviews

Reset
2.6
WDS CEO David Ffoulkes-Jones
David Ffoulkes-Jones

Pros
  • Friendly people, lot's of encouragement and straightforward rules (in 4 reviews)

• If you're a call centre agent, both complexes have nice canteens though they are not subsidized (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management seems very distant to the call center and their workers needs (in 8 reviews)

• Management is often unaware of what is happening in the company and some team leaders can often seem incompetent (in 6 reviews)

1. Tier II Technical Support

I have been working at WDS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the people I work with it does keep you busy. the job is ok

Cons

They do not pay enough for what you do they give you an incentive for surveys passed but the matrix is difficult. The environment is not very clean and there are some other draw backs as well

2. Customer Care Technician

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Boise, ID

I worked at WDS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very friendly personal work environment. Very good computer tools available to do the required job.

Cons

Outsource of technical support for cellular phone service can be intimidating and frustrating. Supporting the hardware of all old and new cellular phones, account discrepancies, signal issues, in a 12 minute performance time limit is a bit challenging.

3. It's a job with steady hours and garunteed pay. great for single college age kids or people with no family.

Current Employee - Technical Support Supervisor in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Technical Support Supervisor in Boise, ID

I have been working at WDS (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay for the area.a lot of good people.

Cons

Heavy workload, no HR or payroll on site. Poor atmosphere as everything is numbers driven.

Advice to Management

Focus on the employees. An employee focused culture breeds loyalty. A paycheck is a great reason to come to work, but why focus on performing well for an unapreciative management?

5. A black hole of despair

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Boise, ID

I have been working at WDS (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedules, high school atmosphere-- feel like a teenager again!

Cons

- Pay is several grades below comparable jobs in the area, and not enough to pay for the therapy you will inevitably need - Building is full of mold and asbestos - Management has no idea what they are doing, quite literally. New agents frequently have to run around the building to get a question answered. - Culture promotes lying to and cheating customers with no accountability - Bonus metrics that constantly change seemingly in order to cheat employees out of pay - HR department doesn't exist.

Advice to Management

Burn the whole building down

6. anonymous

Current Employee - Anonymous in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Redmond, WA

Pros

-Flexible schedule -People are friendly -Work space is nice -Parking and commute is good

Cons

-Company does not take any interest in improving or promoting existing employees. They mostly hired outside help when new positions open up. Zero development in personal KPI to grow my career with the company even though I have put lot of effort and voiced interest in doing so. -Pay is just horrible. Most positions are substantially under state minimum even though the company claims there are meeting averages. If you are lucky to get a yearly review expect little to no raise even though the contract might be making millions of dollars. How are people suppose to live if rent in the area goes up $100+ a year when my raise if any is only enough to buy a coffee at Starbucks a month. People at Amazon or other tech companies in the area are paying large salaries for the same work we do here. -I am doing three people's jobs and get paid close to what people in fast food make, when my work affects the company considerably. -Otherwise people are nice, flexible schedule, but don't expect to get anywhere in life here.

Advice to Management

I hate to be so direct and passionate about the cons, but the reality is that management here don't care at all about employees and only care about their profit margins. I've been here for years and no matter how many high fives or congrats I get (which happens often) i'm still barely making enough to live. If this is news to you, you need to open your eyes, because lots of people in the company feel the same way.

7. Tech

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID

I have been working at WDS (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice older people / Good Training

Cons

Very Low Pay / Terrible Hours / Benefits are expensive, all they really are is another 200.00 to 400.00 dollar a month bill that is taken from your 300.00 a week pay check. Pay is bi-weekly / Equipment is in Terrible Condition! / Bad Monitors / Broken Keyboards and Mice / 1/2 of the computers don't work / Terrible chairs for people who have to sit all day. Some very rude and abusive youngsters, gang mentality

Advice to Management

Clean this place up! And yes, I am clean and orderly, and I could clean that place up just like I have other places. The hundreds of thousands of dollars you guys spend on all the people that come and go, what if I told you I could save you money in the long run.

8. Technical Escalations Manager

Former Employee - Customer Relationship Management Support
    Former Employee - Customer Relationship Management Support

I worked at WDS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work, Great people to work with

Cons

Progression within the company is slow

9. Starter job for call center

Pros

Flexible with school Great for new people to the customer service field

Cons

Lack of support from supervisors Hard to get a day shift

Advice to Management

Increase support on the floor Some of the supervisors are also abusive towards agents and lots of different harassment happening to many agents and nothing is done about it

10. Tier Two Technical Support

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Pros

Training is fabulous. Nice bonus when you meet qualifications.

Cons

Leadership is poor, floor support is dismal, worst job I have ever had.

Advice to Management

Sweep the company clean in Boise, ID start fresh....

11. Dead End Job with minimal pay

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID

I worked at WDS (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will learn to communicate with end users because that is what you do all day. The job is not very complex.

Cons

Upper management cares about numbers, not you. Lowest paying center given the job and requirements. Job is repetitive and stressful. Nearly no room ability to rise within the company. General Bureaucracy and corporate culture.

RSS Feed </> Embed