WDS UK

WDS UK Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

WDS UK CEO David Ffoulkes-Jones

David Ffoulkes-Jones

Pros
  • friendly people to work with except supervisors and ccms (in 4 reviews)

• They have given me some great opportunities (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The lack of communication from upper management down is absolutely astounding (in 3 reviews)

• 4 less per hour than every other call center in the state (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Best Job Experience

ProsFriendly coworkers
    Good hours
    Room for advancement
    Monthly Bonuses
    Fast paced
    They have given me some great opportunities. You get back what you put in.

ConsI've worked there for 5+ years and only make $1.50 more than when I started. Its disgraceful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, we're the best for a reason!

Great workplace, but unchallenging

Knowledge Author (Former Employee) Kirkland, WA

Pros- Work-life balance is great
    - Pay is decent for workload
    - Management is pleasant
    - Flexible work schedule

Cons- Benefits are below average
    - No real challenge to be had
    - Little room for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees would be more prone to stay with the company of the pay and benefits were better, and if there were real opportunities to advance within the organization.

People are great, the job is not.

Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) Wichita Falls, TX

ProsGood place to be while you look for somewhere else.
    The other reps and most supervisors are great.

ConsUpper management seems very distant to the call center and their workers needs.
    Benefits are not great.
    When I was there constant breaking of Texas working laws: Wanting you to sign in and bring up all of your systems before clocking in and being there half an hour before work.
    Very little room to move up since turnover is constant.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people better and listen to them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What a long, strange trip it's been

ProsMany chances to learn new things if you can swim. Lots of great people to work with.

ConsBenefits have steadily fallen behind other companies in the area. Overall company direction and performance is not clear due to lack of communication from business leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication from the top down is needed. There is no regular engagement from executives and upper management to anyone outside that circle. How is the company doing? What are our goals? Since Xerox came in, this has become even worse. In times of change, I would expect more communication.

Total Chaos

Technical Support (Current Employee) Kirkland, WA

ProsYou get benefits, but not very good ones. You get a paycheck but it does not go far. You work indoors, but be willing to work whenever they decide to change your shift with no notice.

ConsNo advancement. Extreme schedule shifts. Sudden firings and shutdowns. Unhappy staff. Poor equipment with lots of failure. General bad reputation. Coworkers may or may not have been screened by recruiters. Managers may or may not bully their teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house from the top down. Oversight from the top with people who actually have soft skills along with some basic math skills if you are going to base performance on metrics.

Call Center Experience

Agent (Former Employee) Wichita Falls, TX

ProsFriendly people, lot's of encouragement and straightforward rules. If you apply and have a fairly clean record, you will most likely get hired.

ConsTraining emphasized how to talk to customers more than how to solve their problems. Result was that you find yourself speaking to customers with little to no idea on how to resolve their issues. The goal for all employees appears to be to become a supervisor or roamer as fast as you can so you can get away from the phones.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide balanced training. Analyze calls/use data to determine what agents will be faced with most (i.e. ordering replacement phones, submitting tickets, providing upgrades, etc.) then train/evaluate this before students hit the floor. High turnover is most likely due to the "fake it 'til you make it" mentality. People leave because they become discouraged from repeatedly failing the customer and feeling incompetent. Remind supervisors and roamers to not assume agent is "not trying" just because they ask for help. Ensure agents have at least 6 months phone time before they are eligible to become supervisors. Also, make lunches 45 minutes since most agents get stuck on phones beyond shift changes.

Job review

Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) Boise, ID

ProsVery relaxed atmosphere overall. Good open door policy

ConsNo significant cons for this company, job or the environment. You get what you put in to it.

Bad environment, Bad HR, Bad Supervisors.

Agent- Postpaid (Former Employee) Boise, ID

ProsI had an amazing supervisor at the very end. The previous sups- I seriously I could have done their job for them. Frustrating as heck.

ConsSave yourself some headaches later.This is the WORST employer I have worked for

Advice to Senior ManagementRevist some policies and actually talk to the people taking phone calls.

Fun place to work most of the time

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Boise, ID

ProsLaid back dress code, fun people to work with even the managers for the most part.

Conscan be stressful it is customer service over the phone afterall pay was low also though the bonuses helped

No complaints from me thus far

Technical Support (Current Employee) Kirkland, WA

ProsGreat people to work with, friendly supervisors.

ConsTroubleshooting can be repetitive, but so can most jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication about expectations.

Worked for WDS UK? Contribute to the Community!