WEST Reviews

Rose Anguiano-Hurst

1. Great place to work

Former Employee - Call Center Agent
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent

I worked at WEST full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits were good. It was very well organized.. I enjoyed working there. The management team was incredibly professional and seemed to care about their staff.

Cons

Call center work is not for everyone. There is a high turnover rate for agents as a result. If you don't like following strict rules, it is not for you

Advice to Management

Local management can be either really good, mediocre, or really bad. Root out the mediocre and bad and keep the good.

2. Good starting point

I worked at WEST full-time

Pros

Good office experience. Easy to move up quickly if you are at all competent. Good opportunity to learn as a first job. No overtime, only 40 hour work weeks.

Cons

Micro managing to the extreme. Sit on the phone all day. A crazy level of turnover. Pay is not very good.

3. good and bad

Current Employee - Programmer in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Programmer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at WEST full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the coworkers are very good, most of them are nice.

Cons

not paying enough, no raise for almost 3 years

Advice to Management

need a raise. and more flexible work schedule.

5. Good for what it is-- a work at home opportunity.

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Shreveport, LA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Shreveport, LA

I worked at WEST part-time

Pros

This is great for chump change. If you're looking for a little money every now and then, then this works! I make about $80-$100/mo for working random 30 minute intervals at a time. It doesn't even feel like work. Some people complain that they can't get enough hours. If you are dependent on a job, this is not the one for you.

You won't get tons of hours but if you do your job and not hang up on people, you will get some hours.

I love that I can literally sprinkle little shifts over the course of the day and the 30mins go by REALLY fast, depending on which calls are routed to you, they're usually no more than 3 calls in that shift! This was great when I was a stay at home mom. If you're are and you don't have small kids or they are at school, you can do this just to keep some pocket money. There's no commitment and you can do as few as you want.

Some advice if you're new. You are going to be nervous, you just are. But try to calm your nerves. It's a pretty laid back job and if you just remind yourself that you're just reading a script and nobody's waiting for you to slip up, you'll be ok. If you are anxious for hours prior to your shift, then it will not be worth it bc you will be stressing out, so just try to remember that you're at home and you're just talking on the phone. That's it.

I love when I'm out at a restaurant (or buying something online) and I don't want to give them my real CC, so I remember that I have some money on my backup money debit card from West! It's the best!

Take it for what it is, a great way to turn your downtime into cash. It's not going to pay your bills but for so little effort, it's pocket money that you wouldn't have gotten for sitting at home in your PJs reading to people and typing in their info.

Cons

-The callers can be rude but they're no ruder than the average cashier at the checkout counter.

-Some people complain about not enough hours but they should know going in that there are SOOOO many workers. There are actual call centers and then there are the work at home people that handle the overflow and there are TONS of us. West does not discriminate, they'll let you in the door! To me this is not really a con because I can't be tied down to a 40 hour work week and thankfully have other avenues to make money but if there were some shifts available that I could work, I would!

Advice to Management

Make it easy for us to become a Pal. I would love to be one from home! Other than that sometimes the system crashes for no reason but it's not often.

6. Ok but hard to sustain level of training needed

I worked at WEST

Pros

The potential to work at home and help customers.

Cons

The training is rushed and alot of screens to learn in less than a few weeks. The calls come in and many different scenarios can occur to assist the caller on the client products. Knowledge is essential but the training is not sufficient to sustain the knowing of what to do, even though they have a chat support line that is just not enough for new customer service agent.

Advice to Management

Improve training

7. Great Employment

Former Employee - Tech Support in Niles, OH
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Niles, OH

I worked at WEST full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training; management was easy to work with

Cons

The hours were horrible
    Some nights you were there until 1:30am

8. customer service advocate

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Rocky Mount, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Rocky Mount, NC

I worked at WEST part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

multitasking experience is a must know, PC ability without additional coaching, great pay and paid time off; training is available

Cons

Not a place for someone to hold your hand or place to receive sympathy, nor is this a slow pace arena you must be able to keep up with the changes day to day and work faster than you talk

Advice to Management

Get additional training on how to talk to humans and be able to judge fairly without favoritism. Remember where you first started.

9. Should pay more

I have been working at WEST full-time

Pros

You pick your own schedule, Work at home

Cons

Never know when hours will become available. No supervisor, No one has the same training
    You are paid .15 per talk minute

Advice to Management

A lot of changes need to be made

10. Customer Care

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Paso, TX

I worked at WEST

Pros

Flexible schedule , competitive pay

Cons

No structure with management alot of times nobody knows whats going on, lack of communication

Advice to Management

focus on agents

11. West Call Center

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at WEST

Pros

Easy place to work. Can work overtime. Dont have to dress up.

Cons

Not very professional. Very little company benefits, terrible health insurance.

Advice to Management

Managers need training to treat everyone equally. Would be nice if the Managers came to work on time.

RSS Feed </> Embed