WFLA-TV

WFLA-TV Reviews

Updated Mar 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

we are a shell of what we used to be but there is still hope for change

TV News (Current Employee)

I have been working at WFLA-TV full-time for more than 10 years

Prosdecent pay, proud tradition, great city and location to work, good coworkers

Conslacking quality, lacking training, learn as you go, lacking resources, morale is wavering

Advice to Senior Managementhire some part time and full time people to improve your product and productivity

Lacking direction at the executive leadership leel

I have been working at WFLA-TV

ProsGreat facility, some solid, long term employees. A great location right in downtown Tampa, walking distance to the Tampa Bay Times Forum

ConsSignificant lack of organizational direction and leadership. A lack of corporate resources to be competitive in the Tampa market. The station is woefully underfunded to be competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire someone competent, with solid, large market experience to run the station. There is unlimited potential for growth. they just need a capable leader and resources.

used to be a great place to work

TV Photographer (Current Employee)

I have been working at WFLA-TV

Prosworking at a major market NBC affilitate is good professionally. Great weather and low cost living expenses in a great location.

Conscorporate and local management need great improvement. They are going through trying times but have not appreciated the employees sacrifices.

Advice to Senior Managementplease make more effort to appreciate your employees efforts and sacrifices. Special attention to long time employees would be nice.

expect to work hard under lots of deadlines

Multimedia Photojournalist (Current Employee)

I have been working at WFLA-TV

Prosbroadcast TV is a fast-paced, different everyday career

Conshaving too many jobs to do and not being able to concentrate on being good. Have to move fast from assignment to assignment

Run, don't walk away

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at WFLA-TV

ProsBest reason to work here would be the people (other than management) .. mostly solid, good folk who work hard (and play hard) as a team.

ConsCons are management incompetence, management stupidity, management laziness, and, well, also the corporate overlords are completely clueless. Did I mention the problems with the management team?

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the people do their jobs. You hired them based upon SOME compelling reason ... so let's go ahead and assume that they know what they are doing. Really.

Worked for WFLA-TV? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WFLA-TV reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by WFLA-TV employees.