WFLA-TV Reviews

2.4

CEO

we are a shell of what we used to be but there is still hope for change

Current Employee - TV News  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - TV News in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WFLA-TV full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

decent pay, proud tradition, great city and location to work, good coworkers

Cons

lacking quality, lacking training, learn as you go, lacking resources, morale is wavering

hire some part time and full time people to improve your product and productivity

Lacking direction at the executive leadership leel

I have been working at WFLA-TV

Pros

Great facility, some solid, long term employees. A great location right in downtown Tampa, walking distance to the Tampa Bay Times Forum

Cons

Significant lack of organizational direction and leadership. A lack of corporate resources to be competitive in the Tampa market. The station is woefully underfunded to be competitive.

Hire someone competent, with solid, large market experience to run the station. There is unlimited potential for growth. they just need a capable leader and resources.

used to be a great place to work

Current Employee - TV Photographer  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - TV Photographer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WFLA-TV

Pros

working at a major market NBC affilitate is good professionally. Great weather and low cost living expenses in a great location.

Cons

corporate and local management need great improvement. They are going through trying times but have not appreciated the employees sacrifices.

please make more effort to appreciate your employees efforts and sacrifices. Special attention to long time employees would be nice.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

expect to work hard under lots of deadlines

Current Employee - Multimedia Photojournalist  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Multimedia Photojournalist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WFLA-TV

Pros

broadcast TV is a fast-paced, different everyday career

Cons

having too many jobs to do and not being able to concentrate on being good. Have to move fast from assignment to assignment

Run, don't walk away

Former Employee - Director  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Director in Tampa, FL

I worked at WFLA-TV

Pros

Best reason to work here would be the people (other than management) .. mostly solid, good folk who work hard (and play hard) as a team.

Cons

Cons are management incompetence, management stupidity, management laziness, and, well, also the corporate overlords are completely clueless. Did I mention the problems with the management team?

Let the people do their jobs. You hired them based upon SOME compelling reason ... so let's go ahead and assume that they know what they are doing. Really.

Worked for WFLA-TV? Contribute to the Community!