WGES Reviews

Reset
2.9
Harry A Warren Jr

1. Usually Corporate change is a good thing, not this time around

I worked at WGES full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At it's best it was a great place to work, great leadership even though the business model became stagnate, family friendly and great office envirnoment.

Cons

Welcome to little Constellation, most of top executives have been pushed out including the president who is well respected in the energy field and considered a green energy pioneer. New leadership has turned it into a shark tank sales environment and has surrounded himself with individuals that worked with him at Constellation. The company has lost 15-20 top employees the last year and have not replaced them with talent that remotely looks like the talent they forced out. The current structure of the company is bound to fail, can't run every good employee off and not replace them but continue the phase "It will get better." One year later and things have gotten worse, glad I left when I did, it is not the place I worked at for many years.

Advice to Management

I assume they are cleaning up the books to sell to a larger supplier at this point. Based off their business decisions the last year, this makes perfect sense.

2. Was once great

I worked at WGES full-time

Pros

Used to be a great environment to work in, where creative and hard-working people pulled together to achieve a common goal. Had a good HR department before consolidation.

Cons

Divisive management that doesn't seem to care about the people. Difficult industry to succeed in. Little opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Bring back the team spirit, and not just in words.

3. Was a nice place to work...

I worked at WGES

Pros

Great people, good benefits, convenient office location

Cons

compensation bellow market value, no room for career opportunities

Advice to Management

share your plans

5. Was once a great place to work

I have been working at WGES

Pros

This place offers great benefits and lots of vacation, and great people plus the atmosphere is pretty laid back with regards to dress code.

Cons

Turbulent atmosphere, feels much more corporate since they founder left. Often there is too much complacency with the way things are done and an unwillingness to change to make things work better.

6. Still working, going nowhere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at WGES full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits package and will work with sick/vacation and schedules. Old climate was great, great atmosphere, happy place to work.

Cons

Growing pains for 3 years is too long. Best employees leaving. C-level plays management games. Highered new upper level that has ruined moral, stunted customer growth and is basically pushing out people they don't like. Overspends budgets on wrong companies...and moves budgets around to spend on friends.

Advice to Management

If your profits are down and your customer base drops, take a good look at your time line. You'll see the most obvious of reasons why. You can't have someone who knows nothing, running the company into the ground...and continue to allow it. It makes for a bad climate both in morale but in the marketplace.

Great, simple, easygoing place to work if you're not looking for too much excitement.

I worked at WGES

Pros

Very relaxed atmosphere and easygoing work environment. Everyone I worked with was incredibly nice and friendly. If I had a question about something, they all were very approachable and did their best to help. The work environment is pretty stress-free and as long as you work at a decent pace, you'll be fine.

Cons

Some of the work is just boring. After all, you're working at a gas company. A lot of times there is just a lack of communication and understanding between employees and senior management.

Advice to Management

Be able to implement change quicker throughout the organization, and listen to the feedback of your employees. Improve the IT department.

8. Growing comptant

I have been working at WGES

Pros

Pro family benefits and vacation are very good.

Cons

Growing pain currently. Commute, suburban

Great Place to work

I have been working at WGES

Pros

work and family balance small office setting, big company size ability to think outside the box friendly atmosphere smart individuals that take pride in their work

Cons

Not much room for advancement micromanagement happens alot the mentaility of we have always done it this way needs to be changed

RSS Feed </> Embed