WIS International

Updated September 16, 2014
2.1

WIS International President Sean P. Davoren
Sean P. Davoren

Pros
  • travel daily; meet new people all the time; (in 11 reviews)

• opportunity for bonus; flexible hours (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • 65K per year to be in line with the amount of work and garbage you have to deal with (in 5 reviews)

• only temp work; small pay; long hours (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Favoritism is a game here. If you are liked you get away with things. If you aren't good luck.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

I have been working at WIS International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with different companies and management

Cons

Long Days. Unfair treatment of employees.

Very different job to say the least.

Former Employee - Inventory Associate  in  Elizabethtown, KY
    Former Employee - Inventory Associate in Elizabethtown, KY

I worked at WIS International part-time for less than a year

Pros

Meet different types of people
    Travel to neighboring cities and states
    Weekly Pay
    Pay for travel (minimum wage)

Cons

Varying Hours
    No definitive schedule
    Favoritism (at least at the location I worked)

Offer more training to new hires.

good place to work if you can move up

Current Employee - Area Manager
    Current Employee - Area Manager

I have been working at WIS International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

opportunity for bonus; flexible hours

Cons

low starting salary; company can be cheap

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Neutral

I worked at WIS International

Pros

The people are nice that you work with, and the fact of the different atmosphere you are in every day is a plus also. The pay really isn't bad as for what your job is. An the job its self is very easy.

Cons

The company its self is great, but the office location I worked for had favoritism, poor organization, poor equipment quality to perform some of the jobs needed. The hours was random also.

Inventory Supervisor

Former Employee - Inventory Supervisor  in  Belmont, NC
    Former Employee - Inventory Supervisor in Belmont, NC

I worked at WIS International full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work's not hard. Basicly you show up and count. Count fast and accurately and you'll get raises twice a year.

Cons

The hours are the worst. Most days I had to get up at 3am and often didn't get home until after 4pm. I was promoted to supervisor, but never got the training or the pay increase. But did get to the fall when things went wrong.

WIS is a fun job, but you don't get a lot of hours!

Current Employee - Inventory Associate  in  Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Inventory Associate in Boise, ID

I have been working at WIS International full-time for less than a year

Pros

This job is relatively easy to do, co-workers are friendly and supportive on giving instruction. Training is too short.

Cons

Employer is not truthful, scheduling is pathetic, hours are not there, if your looking for consistency in wages and hours, no room for advancement or raises either unless your fast and accurate, best advice: KEEP LOOKING!

BE HONEST about everything, you say part time or full time then schedule the hours for that which a person is hired on for. work/life balance is not equal. because you don't know if your supervisor is going to change schedule or not.

Ugh

Former Employee - Inventory Associate  in  Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Inventory Associate in Tacoma, WA

I worked at WIS International part-time for less than a year

Pros

I did not have a positive experience.

Cons

Right from the start I was not impressed with this company but decided to give it a chance. Three others and I were seated at the same table and were right away watching videos and receiving training on the handheld scanners before we even got to the actual one-on-one interview with the area manager. I was annoyed that I was basically being trained for the job before actually being hired and getting paid for this orientation and training.

After I was hired training only consisted of a few hours in the office before going to my first job site a week later. I was rather put off by the lack of friendliness from fellow employees. I was basically ignored except for the supervisor and my "counting coach" who probably wouldn't have communicated with me either if it wasn't their job. I actually felt more comfortable with the client's employees!

What bothered me most was the fact that besides my twenty minute commute to the office, I had to commute from the office one hour each way to the job sites unpaid. There is no justifying traveling 2 hours, 40 minutes to work only five hours for a job that pays barely above minimum wage!

I was offered very few hours. I only had one job in one week which was only five hours for the week. Again I only had one job the following week. I wasn't to work again until one week later for which I had to jobs.

The working hours are crazy! Some jobs I had to meet at 4am and others 9pm.

To be more competitive with other employers, pay needs to be at least $1 more per hour and employees should be paid for travel starting from the office rather than one hour after travel.

It Is What you make it

Former Employee - Inventory Associate  in  Clarksville, TN
    Former Employee - Inventory Associate in Clarksville, TN

I worked at WIS International part-time for less than a year

Pros

Get to travel, meeting new people, liked the job itself

Cons

No drug test for everyone so yeah, managers played favoritism no respect for employees, never know what time you are getting off, 30 minute lunch even on 12 hour days.

Drug test everybody, and screen your drivers

Internal teamwork was very good, but marred by sporadic schedule, changing hours, and low pay.

Former Employee - Inventory Associate  in  Fairfield, CA
    Former Employee - Inventory Associate in Fairfield, CA

I worked at WIS International part-time for more than a year

Pros

Internal teamwork was very good despite working conditions.

Cons

Sporadic and changing schedule, different hours almost every day. Equipment breaks down. new supervisor almost every day. 1/2 hour lunches, (but it seems always when even fast food isn't open), and 15 min breaks. Long travel hours in 15 passenger vans.

To keep good people, you must:
    pay them at least competitively with the general labor market. $8.00 / hour is very low.
    Pay overtime correctly; your current overtime system verges on being illegal in most states.
    Get new equipment. almost half of the 750's in my region were marginal or inoperable. Hard to do your job with poorly working equipment.

Part time to say the least

Current Employee - Inventory Associate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Inventory Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at WIS International part-time for less than a year

Pros

Its an OK job, the hours are low but the work is not very hard. I enjoy going to different locations (stores) and looking at the merchandise. Some of the stores I would probably never visit normally. I really enjoy when we go out of town. You get travel pay after the first hour. Most of the people you meet are friendly and really helpful.

Cons

Not enough hours and can't rely on working every week if you are not a very fast counter. But as long as you show up you will get some work.

I would like to see more training. In order to be productive there should be someone to show you how you are doing and what you can do to increase in speed.

Worked for WIS International? Contribute to the Community!