WIS International

Be The First To
Add Photos

WIS International President Sean P. Davoren

Sean P. Davoren

Pros
  • travel daily; meet new people all the time;(in 11 reviews)

• It's an easy job and some of the people were fun to be around(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • 65K per year to be in line with the amount of work and garbage you have to deal with(in 5 reviews)

• only temp work; small pay; long hours(in 7 reviews)

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great team to work with if you are in headquarters

Repair Depot Technician I (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

Pros(Only as a repair depot technician)
    + Great and interactive team, full of great people to work with and talk to. (including the boss, Mario)
    + Repairing terminals is an interesting job, and troubleshooting (while frustrating) them really is enjoyable if you like to work on components and wiring.
    + Always able to work weekends, but there is never any pressure to either.
    + Flexible hours and no judgement about transportation or location (I lived in rosarito and my boss and his boss both knew it without any problem)
    + Plenty of company events, and just a generally laid back job (you could wear any clothing as long as it was presentable).

Cons- Can change conditions rather quickly. Overtime was massive when I first got there, then it dropped to no overtime and then to only weekends.
    - You have to justify anything that lowers your numbers ( 8-10 repaired terminals every day), including having to troubleshoot difficult gear. (they are generally easy going about this anyways, but be prepared to log those hours as a separate job on the database)

I'm a long time employee with this Company. I have had many advancements during my years of working here.

District Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThis Company has a lot of advancement opportunities if you are willing to put in the time and hours. A lot of different places to work each day and a wide variety of different people to meet and become friends with. You are not stuck behind a desk all day, you have different accounts going on at one time, so different places to check up on. Each Customer is unique in their expectations, but great Customer relations.

ConsThe hours can be hard until a person gets used to it.

I had shared my knowledge nevertheless I've gained some and my overall experience with this company is very satisfactory

Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsWorking in a company where an ambiance is very acceptable and pressure is tolerable will inspire you to work to the peak of your knowledge, that is what WIS International could offer you not to mention your chance of promotion.

ConsI don't see any downside at all

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good temporary job until you find something better

Inventory Associate (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

Pros-Very flexible schedule
    -Very easy job-just scan and count

Cons-Must travel via own personal vehicle to any job within a 50 mile radius from office.
    -Most jobs typically last only 4-5 hours
    -Very little to no room for growth in the company
    -Weird working hours. Normally work very early in the morning and very late at night when most stores are closed.
    -High turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter gas/mileage compensation, treat employees with more respect.

Last resort employment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsYou get to travel a lot. Pay is never late. You can meet very talanted and hard working individuals.

ConsLow pay for amount of work required and pressure. Dishonest senior management. Very poor leadership all around. High employee turnover among both salaried and hourly employees. Raise freeze since 2008. Company culture and employee morale are very bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure the company entirely. Pay more. Good employees will keep leaving the company until the focus is shifted onto the employee. Profits will come once the foundation is solid!

Not Recommended for anyone Unless you're super DESPERATE!

Inventory Associate (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsEasy job all you do is count and scan
    Meeting new people everyday and good team work from fellow co-workers.

ConsPoor management, must drive to SD in order to get a carpool, MUST keep track of your own hours due to Area Manger does NOT give you all your ours thus having you short on your paycheck, No Training, Just learn as you go, Incorrect counts on inventories like Albertsons and other stores due to the CPH (counts per hour).

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the CPH so all the counts are accurate! TRAIN your area managers and all managers so they will HELP and not standing around looking like trees! If you need to fire some of them do it to get better management! Employees shouldn't have to keep track of their hours so make a login system that will do it for them and DO NOT TOUCH THE HOURS! Another thing is... your policy for management to not carry the scanners in there cars due to their age is ridiculous and needs to be changed! TREAT YOUR EMPLOYEES HOW YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED!

Very bad place to work and getting worse

Administrative Staff (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsStable company with central location in San Diego

ConsThere are no employee reviews, feedback, training or staff development
    The company has been on a salary freeze for three years
    Some employees have not received reviews or raises for five years
    There is no employee recognition or pay for performance
    There are no company meetings with updates from Senior Management
    Senior Management does not lead the company and there is no direction
    Nobody know what's going on with the company or what the plan is
    Employees are being fired all the time and the company is cutting a lot of staff
    Employee benefits are constantly being taken away. There are no positive new benefits.
    All the good people are leaving or looking for new jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementUnless there are dramatic changes in how the admin staff is treated, all the good people will leave and the company is only as good as it's people.

Worked for WIS International? Contribute to the Community!