WIS International

Updated February 27, 2015
3.7

WIS International President Sean P. Davoren
Sean P. Davoren

Pros
  • Get to travel, meeting new people, liked the job itself (in 13 reviews)

• It's an easy job and some of the people were fun to be around (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, and you're "part time" to avoid having to pay benefits (in 10 reviews)

• 65K per year to be in line with the amount of work and garbage you have to deal with (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

11 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

good atmosphere great team spirit and more like family.

Former Employee - Inventory Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at WIS International part-time (more than a year)

Pros

we have early morning shift but its part time work the pay is great and you even get to travel the atmosphere is wonderful and the people and the bosses are like family

Cons

the only thing that I can say here is that you have to learn how to use your machine you're counting machine but once you get a hang of it it's smooth sailing.

great people they don't treat you like you're less than and I listen to what you have to say.they work with you no matter what we're a team

Great people to work with.

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at WIS International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with great people and there's always room to grow in the company.

Cons

The company is down sizing. When the company got bought out by a Canadian company, they took out a bunch of benefits.

Not a career

Former Employee - Billing Coordinator in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Billing Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I worked at WIS International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company offers lots of flexibility in regards to employee schedules.

Cons

Management is disorganized with poor benefits and virtually no promotions. Lazy or incompetent, complacent and unmotivated employees. No room for growth.

You need to do a complete audit of your employees. Too many under-qualified managers, and incompetent employees. Time for a major shift in company culture.

Don't get your hopes up high with this WIS

Former Employee - Inventory Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at WIS International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Meeting new people, Going to stores you haven't been in, Friendly fellow employees and some supervisor's

Cons

Messing up of your hours, late hours, untimely breaks, Favor plays with certain supervisor's, travel distance (some are too far) no reimbursement for travel

Some of the supervisor's talk to their favorite person about the employees they are with. Need to find another way to manage hours so the employees that are still there will get all their hours that they worked and not just a few. I know many people who have lost their hours and still have not gotten paid for them. That's unacceptable. WIS has a high turnover cause of the trouble with the hours and some of the staff. Some of the staff are extremely rude because they just don't like certain people! Need to train in customer service and treat employees better!

Great team to work with if you are in headquarters

Former Employee - Repair Depot Technician I in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Repair Depot Technician I in San Diego, CA

I worked at WIS International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

(Only as a repair depot technician)
    + Great and interactive team, full of great people to work with and talk to. (including the boss, Mario)
    + Repairing terminals is an interesting job, and troubleshooting (while frustrating) them really is enjoyable if you like to work on components and wiring.
    + Always able to work weekends, but there is never any pressure to either.
    + Flexible hours and no judgement about transportation or location (I lived in rosarito and my boss and his boss both knew it without any problem)
    + Plenty of company events, and just a generally laid back job (you could wear any clothing as long as it was presentable).

Cons

- Can change conditions rather quickly. Overtime was massive when I first got there, then it dropped to no overtime and then to only weekends.
    - You have to justify anything that lowers your numbers ( 8-10 repaired terminals every day), including having to troubleshoot difficult gear. (they are generally easy going about this anyways, but be prepared to log those hours as a separate job on the database)

I'm a long time employee with this Company. I have had many advancements during my years of working here.

Current Employee - District Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - District Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at WIS International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This Company has a lot of advancement opportunities if you are willing to put in the time and hours. A lot of different places to work each day and a wide variety of different people to meet and become friends with. You are not stuck behind a desk all day, you have different accounts going on at one time, so different places to check up on. Each Customer is unique in their expectations, but great Customer relations.

Cons

The hours can be hard until a person gets used to it.

I had shared my knowledge nevertheless I've gained some and my overall experience with this company is very satisfactory

Former Contractor - Accounting Clerk in San Diego, CA
    Former Contractor - Accounting Clerk in San Diego, CA

I worked at WIS International as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Working in a company where an ambiance is very acceptable and pressure is tolerable will inspire you to work to the peak of your knowledge, that is what WIS International could offer you not to mention your chance of promotion.

Cons

I don't see any downside at all

Last resort employment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at WIS International full-time

Pros

You get to travel a lot. Pay is never late. You can meet very talanted and hard working individuals.

Cons

Low pay for amount of work required and pressure. Dishonest senior management. Very poor leadership all around. High employee turnover among both salaried and hourly employees. Raise freeze since 2008. Company culture and employee morale are very bad.

Restructure the company entirely. Pay more. Good employees will keep leaving the company until the focus is shifted onto the employee. Profits will come once the foundation is solid!

Not Recommended for anyone Unless you're super DESPERATE!

Former Employee - Inventory Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at WIS International part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy job all you do is count and scan
    Meeting new people everyday and good team work from fellow co-workers.

Cons

Poor management, must drive to SD in order to get a carpool, MUST keep track of your own hours due to Area Manger does NOT give you all your ours thus having you short on your paycheck, No Training, Just learn as you go, Incorrect counts on inventories like Albertsons and other stores due to the CPH (counts per hour).

Get rid of the CPH so all the counts are accurate! TRAIN your area managers and all managers so they will HELP and not standing around looking like trees! If you need to fire some of them do it to get better management! Employees shouldn't have to keep track of their hours so make a login system that will do it for them and DO NOT TOUCH THE HOURS! Another thing is... your policy for management to not carry the scanners in there cars due to their age is ridiculous and needs to be changed! TREAT YOUR EMPLOYEES HOW YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED!

Good temporary job until you find something better

Current Employee - Inventory Associate in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Inventory Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at WIS International part-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Very flexible schedule
    -Very easy job-just scan and count

Cons

-Must travel via own personal vehicle to any job within a 50 mile radius from office.
    -Most jobs typically last only 4-5 hours
    -Very little to no room for growth in the company
    -Weird working hours. Normally work very early in the morning and very late at night when most stores are closed.
    -High turnover rate.

Better gas/mileage compensation, treat employees with more respect.