WME

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David (Dave) Wirtschafter

Will overtake CAA very soon.

Assistant (Former Employee) Beverly Hills, CA

ProsForward-thinking culture. The training is excellent if you can find good mentors. You are in a swarm of information. Learn how to use it!

ConsAssistant pay is not enough to live on. Sometimes the assistants are clichey and it feels a bit like high school again.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis will never happen, but I hated the open-floor layout of the agency therefore I'd change that!

Many Silos

Intern (Former Employee) Beverly Hills, CA

ProsSome of the best and brightest in the business

ConsDepartments were quite silo'd from one another, making for difficult communication at times

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate an internship program that gives students a real look at the business as opposed to an experience comprised of grunt work alone.

Overworked and underpaid but great place to start a career in the entertainment industry

Agent Assistant (Former Employee) Beverly Hills, CA

ProsYou learn a lot about the industry working high high-level talent; great career opportunities; 401k and health coverage, etc; fun company events

ConsHigh-strung, high-stress environment; many agents seem to suffer from ego-complexes and often fail to even acknowledge their inferiors; the pay is almost criminal considering how long and hard some of these assistants work - salary increases only $1 per year until you become an agent (takes > 4 or 5 years, and less than 10% of assistants make the cut)

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more incentives for hard-working, talented assistants to stay with the company for longer

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great job with great people.

Staff (Former Employee) Beverly Hills, CA

ProsYou get very relaxed supervisors and you get to work alongside really friendly and determined people.

ConsBe prepared to hear a lot of people trying to sound very thoughtful when critiquing movies and television.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to stay cheery!

No work-life balance

ProsOpportunity to try new things and build your portfolio is great

ConsWork-life balance is out the door. Getting text messages and calls at 1am on a holiday weekend is unnecessary. While the company says employee's family is important, it doesn't come across that way when you receive urgent calls and emails at all hours...and these are coming from senior management. We are not conducting life-saving work, it can wait until a normal waking hour.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more aware of work life balance to keep employees happy (and their families supportive of the employee working there). If the employee gets contacted at all hours, the spouse will only have so much patience before they encourage the family member to look elsewhere for better family balance.

great Hollywood bootcamp

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosconnections, access to material, opens doors for future employment

Conslittle to no mentorship since its a revolving door of sorts

Client Services Intern

Client Services Intern (Current Employee) Beverly Hills, CA

ProsGreat place to learn what life is like at an agency

ConsHUGE egos! low pay and difficult to work your way up

Advice to Senior Managementrelax and talk to those lower than you as if theyre your friend

Not a place to find a career but a great open door to many opprotunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI loved working in Beverly right on Wilshire, though it can be annoying to get out of the city. The valet parking for employees is nice as well. When I was at WME I had my own office which over looked all of Beverly Hills and the people in my particular office were really great. Certain agents have pretty intense reputations but that's what you sign up for in working with an agency.

ConsYou need a thick skin to work at WME and many people quit the entertainment business all together after spending a year here.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat ever assistant with respect and appreciation and they will work harder for you.

A great start for anyone who wants to make it in the entertainment industry.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou make an absurd amount of connections. The people you work with actually have your back and it's not a shark tank. Assistants form bonds and connections that span entire careers. This is grad school for the industry.

ConsYour boss might be an egotistical prick who doesn't treat you well. You work many hours. You do not get paid well.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your assistants better.

Assistant - a gopher for talent agents.

Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsAccess to information is unmatched.

ConsWorking for psychos. Some truly crazy, abusive people.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are actually fair and emphasize that its not for everyone.

Worked for WME? Contribute to the Community!