WOW! Internet-Cable-Phone

Updated October 11, 2014
3.1

CEO
1 Rating

It's good company to work at.

Current Employee - Tier III Technical Support Team Lead in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Tier III Technical Support Team Lead in Augusta, GA

I have been working at WOW! Internet-Cable-Phone full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's very nice place to work at. If you do a good job you are going to move up very quickly. You will make a good money and A LOT of overtime.

Cons

It's a call center and the schedule sometimes is not good. But over all it's fair.

N/A

Once Wow! Took over Knology things changed.

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Augusta, GA

I have been working at WOW! Internet-Cable-Phone full-time

Pros

Steady hours, overtime, Co workers, insurance.

Cons

Pay rate, point system for absences,.how vacation time is occured, morale is low.

Set the vacation back to 80 hours at the beginning of the year, offer bonuses again,make the employees feel apart of wow!

Columbus Georgia WOW! stay away.

Current Employee - Installer in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Installer in Columbus, GA

I have been working at WOW! Internet-Cable-Phone full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the installer/service guys are trustworthy people and are great to work with. The office and free service are a great perk. General Manager is great to work for.

Cons

Compensation is poor for the type of work performed. Work-life balance is non-existent because management thinks WOW! is your life. Management on the operations side is very poor. Hard word doesn't pay off at WOW! in Columbus Ga. Unfortunately the best thing to do to advance to get an easy work load is to ride motorcycles or go camping at Blanton Creek with management.

My advice to the CEO is to get rid of all upper management in the Columbus GA office and start over with people that are honest. It is time to bury the buddy system and start promoting the hard working and qualified.

A "Different" Kind of Call Center

I have been working at WOW! Internet-Cable-Phone full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Shifts and plenty of overtime available. Holidays and lots of time off available.

Cons

The expectations of the company for quality and handle time is impossible to hit every single call and for every single situation which happens to be different. It is stressful with termination always breathing down your neck.

Possibly become more bendable and realize people are not good at every aspect but some are experts at other areas. Focus more on what actually saves the company money, saying just the right words or actually preventing fcc fines and resolving customer issues without having to roll out a tech. When the accounts come in and the customers have been lied to or they have credits after credits applied to their account of course those customers were happy with the reps who did that but they actually are injuring the company that they work for by draining money from the back end.

Good start to sales career

Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Auburn, AL
    Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Auburn, AL

I worked at WOW! Internet-Cable-Phone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Do not need to be very qualified to get this job. You are on your own most of the time. There would be weeks where I did not even come into the local office. If you are hitting your quota then you might actually forget who your manager is because you will never hear from them. If you are in a market where they are building out then jump on it because it is low hanging fruit.

Cons

Knocking on doors can be miserable but if you knock the doors then you can make over 50k a year.

Market your local reps rather than push everything to the national call numbers. The local feel is an advantage.

Best Call Center to Work For

Current Employee - Tier II in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Tier II in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at WOW! Internet-Cable-Phone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

WOW!'s call center in Colorado Springs is easily the best call center to work for. Great benefits, OK pay, and amazing co-workers. Everyone who works there is very genuine and unique.

Cons

Micromanagement has become a popular phrase lately. We recently acquired some new staff that have been less than popular with the culture of our company.

Stop acting like children, stop sending sh*t downhill, and stop panicking!

Don't believe the hype.

Current Employee - Tier II Tech Support in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Tier II Tech Support in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at WOW! Internet-Cable-Phone full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, good culture and

Cons

Expected to do way too much for one position, Job responsibilities are not clearly presented at first, Lack of tools to properly do job, Minimal pay.

Please present job responsibilities in a clear manner when an employee poses the question at the time of the interview. I specifically asked the manager who interviewed me what the Tier 1 and Tier 2 responsibilities were. I was told that Tier 1 did all the Cable TV and Billing calls and that Tier 2 did mainly Phone, Internet, and Wireless troubleshooting with occasional sales. Also, I was told all during training that everything be so much better that my previous call center. None of it was true, everything they told me that didn't happen with this company all happened from the first day I got on the phone. Also, I was hired as a Tier 2 and all I take is Cable TV, Billing, and Sales calls along with occasional troubleshooting. When I asked why I am taking these calls I was told that I am expected to do everything and take overflow for all departments. I had high hopes in this job but it is all a scam from the beginning.

Learned a lot about the cable business

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, MI

I worked at WOW! Internet-Cable-Phone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learned a lot about the technical issues

Cons

Lack of communication to the employees

Keep your employee's updated on how the company is doing.

fair play and integrity should be a company value

Former Employee - Technician Bb2 in Madison Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Technician Bb2 in Madison Heights, MI

I worked at WOW! Internet-Cable-Phone full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Pay Employees are great learn new skils. An excellent opportunity for young workers. Freedom from a closed enviroment.Opportunity for advancement

Cons

Management unscrupolous underhanded unfair and opinionated as far as listening to employees. No union so management does not need an excuse to let you go.

try to be fair to your employees

Good atmosphere and people

I have been working at WOW! Internet-Cable-Phone full-time

Pros

Local people care about one another and the customers. The ability to assist a customer now and worry about billing issues later is crucial.

Cons

Like any larger company, there seems to be many layers of red tape being added to processes. Many functions are being centralized and taking the knowledge base out of the local markets

Take advantage of the talent pool you have in your local markets. In some cases, you have more qualified people taking orders from the corporate offices that make no sense in a local environment.