WOW! Internet-Cable-Phone

WOW! Internet-Cable-Phone Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

It's good company to work at.

Tier III Technical Support Team Lead (Current Employee)
    Augusta, GA

ProsIt's very nice place to work at. If you do a good job you are going to move up very quickly. You will make a good money and A LOT of overtime.

ConsIt's a call center and the schedule sometimes is not good. But over all it's fair.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Good start to sales career

Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Auburn, AL

ProsDo not need to be very qualified to get this job. You are on your own most of the time. There would be weeks where I did not even come into the local office. If you are hitting your quota then you might actually forget who your manager is because you will never hear from them. If you are in a market where they are building out then jump on it because it is low hanging fruit.

ConsKnocking on doors can be miserable but if you knock the doors then you can make over 50k a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementMarket your local reps rather than push everything to the national call numbers. The local feel is an advantage.

Best Call Center to Work For

Tier II (Current Employee)
    Colorado Springs, CO

ProsWOW!'s call center in Colorado Springs is easily the best call center to work for. Great benefits, OK pay, and amazing co-workers. Everyone who works there is very genuine and unique.

ConsMicromanagement has become a popular phrase lately. We recently acquired some new staff that have been less than popular with the culture of our company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop acting like children, stop sending sh*t downhill, and stop panicking!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't believe the hype.

Tier II Tech Support (Current Employee)
    Colorado Springs, CO

ProsFriendly co-workers, good culture and

ConsExpected to do way too much for one position, Job responsibilities are not clearly presented at first, Lack of tools to properly do job, Minimal pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease present job responsibilities in a clear manner when an employee poses the question at the time of the interview. I specifically asked the manager who interviewed me what the Tier 1 and Tier 2 responsibilities were. I was told that Tier 1 did all the Cable TV and Billing calls and that Tier 2 did mainly Phone, Internet, and Wireless troubleshooting with occasional sales. Also, I was told all during training that everything be so much better that my previous call center. None of it was true, everything they told me that didn't happen with this company all happened from the first day I got on the phone. Also, I was hired as a Tier 2 and all I take is Cable TV, Billing, and Sales calls along with occasional troubleshooting. When I asked why I am taking these calls I was told that I am expected to do everything and take overflow for all departments. I had high hopes in this job but it is all a scam from the beginning.

Learned a lot about the cable business

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, MI

ProsLearned a lot about the technical issues

ConsLack of communication to the employees

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your employee's updated on how the company is doing.

Good atmosphere and people

ProsLocal people care about one another and the customers. The ability to assist a customer now and worry about billing issues later is crucial.

ConsLike any larger company, there seems to be many layers of red tape being added to processes. Many functions are being centralized and taking the knowledge base out of the local markets

Advice to Senior ManagementTake advantage of the talent pool you have in your local markets. In some cases, you have more qualified people taking orders from the corporate offices that make no sense in a local environment.

fair play and integrity should be a company value

Technician Bb2 (Former Employee)
    Madison Heights, MI

ProsGood Pay Employees are great learn new skils. An excellent opportunity for young workers. Freedom from a closed enviroment.Opportunity for advancement

ConsManagement unscrupolous underhanded unfair and opinionated as far as listening to employees. No union so management does not need an excuse to let you go.

Advice to Senior Managementtry to be fair to your employees

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good company

Manager (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsPromotes and follows core values from the top down. Core values are more than just words on a paper. Really top notch leadership in many areas of the company.

ConsCompany growing too fast with acquisitions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBrining in outside talent for high level positions is a good business decision, but there should be a specific program aimed at helping them hit the ground running fast.

Great Ideas no follow through

Proswork outside, better pay then some, independent work environment, work with your hands, company provides pants and shirts, testing program for salary increase, 7 paid holidays,

Conspay does not meet industry standards, on call one week a month, on call on holidays, strict points system for using sick time, they say they have a flexible schedule but they don't, promises are not meet, small 401k match,

Good job. It is fun to work at wow. Improvements could be made

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGreat atmosphere for the most part. The job is easy for those who work.

ConsLittle opportunities for advancement. No real retirement packages other than 401k

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a system where sales rep can advance and earn more money each year. Otherwise this will always be looked at as a job, as opposed to a career.

Worked for WOW! Internet-Cable-Phone? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WOW! Internet-Cable-Phone reviews and ratings. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by WOW! Internet-Cable-Phone employees.