WOW! Internet

www.wideopenwest.com

WOW! Internet Reviews

Updated May 30, 2014
WOW! Internet – Madison Heights – “Our tech crew hard at work”

Steven Cochran

Great place to work!!

ProsThe people are good to work with and advancement opportunities are always presenting themselves.

ConsUpper management can be hard to figure out and some of the changes do not always seem to be beneficial.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be more forthcoming with information about the company.

Good company good values

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Madison Heights, MI

ProsGood companies good values good benefits can be fun but it is work

ConsSometimes a supervisors don't hold of the bargain

Advice to Senior ManagementFind out why people are in the quota maybe a little bit better management of the nodes would help as well

Dishonest

CCR, Tier II Advanced Specialist (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsWhen I started at WOW as a Customer Service Rep, Tier 2 in 2008 they where a decent company. They seemed to care about their employees for the most part.

ConsFrom the get go, advancing in the company wasn't based on merit or skill, but if the management liked you. Micromanaged by Management. Managers quickly forget what its like to be hourly employees and treat them badly. When issues would be brought up, hoping they'd get fixed, they would be ignored and the person complaining would be fired on drummed up charges.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour salary workers don't work hard, abuse your hourly workers, and need to live up your company core values they preach to the hourly workers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

WOW! is just an amazing company to work for!

Tier II Technician (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsThey are an amazing company! I loved working for them! Good pay and amazing staff!

ConsWorking there can be very challenging! There really isn't many cons of working there at all!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys do amazing just keep it personable with employees and open door policy!

Never a dull moment

Management (Current Employee)

ProsThe people and a company that actually cares about its employees

Cons2013 is going to be a very busy year

Advice to Senior ManagementPick priorities

Good place, strange methods

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Madison Heights, MI

ProsHealthy work environment, great potential to make a good amount of money, great benefits, great training, great team to work with, good management

ConsI had some issues in my first month that caused some tensions between my supervisor and manager and me, which I admit was my own fault, then when I was struggling to hit my quota in my second month I was let go. No formal warning, no write up, just released. Somehow the issues that occurred in the beginning came up as if it somehow played into their decision. Just tell me flat out what the reason was, don't tell me you think I have potential but let me go because of things that had since been corrected! Not even two full months working for the company and I was released. I get it, I didn't hit my quota, I understand that because it's justified. They did work with me initially, but when they didn't see their results turn right around that was it. I'm not just another pissed ex-employee, I just would've liked the respect of a warning of what could potentially happen. Tell me if I don't fix it soon I'll get fired, don't just fire me.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou do a great job working with new hires, but if someone is obviously struggling, don't say a few words or have them go through training again. Use the mentorship program and (I hate the word, but it'll have to do) enforce it! I don't believe that fear of job loss is a great motivator, but some advanced notice of that potential fits into the "respect" value I believe. I would've accepted my termination a bit easier if I thought that it was a near future possibility.

Poor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsIn general, the employees are very friendly and helpful.

ConsClosed ears of senior management. Intimidation and old style management are key.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould not waste my time or energy as it would fall on deaf ears.

Snake Pit

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Madison Heights, MI

ProsDecent benefits and pay, which included free cable, internet and discounted phone. The company has some really great frontline employees.

ConsA lot of promises made during the interview process that were not followed through once hired. Micromanaged employees. Upper management at the system level was quick to throw people under the bus in order to save their own hides.

Advice to Senior ManagementMichigan management should reevaluate how they carry out the company values, particularly- Respect and Accountability. Follow through on promises, or don't make them to begin with, just to entice people to work there.

WOW! :^)

Broadband Technician (Current Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsThey look for candidates inside, before they look outside. I've seen people move from technician to supervisor. As long as you have a level head, and work hard, this is the place for you. Oh, and they have great benefits.

ConsThe only downside is that you will work hard. But I appreciate that, cause it gives me a sense of worth.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you.

It's that kind of experience

Network Engineer (Current Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsRespect, Integrity, Accountability and Servanthood

These are exciting times for WOW! Internet, Cable and Phone. With more than 1000 employees in five states, our team is made up of professionals who are committed to delivering friendly, quality customer service each and every day.

Employees come first here,” Abdoulah says. “We’re not organized into functional silos. We go by the internal service structure, where it’s all about functions serving each other in order to serve the end consumer. Once you have the right people doing the right thing, you reap a lot of rewards.”

Our Values:
    Respect
    Treat others as you would wish to be treated.

Integrity
    Choose between right and wrong.

Accountability
    Own your part of any situation and work toward a solution.

Servanthood
    Embrace the attitude and honor of serving others rather than being served.

The latest annual internal survey reveals 93.7% of employees are “extremely happy.” “When you’re getting rated in the 90s by employees, you should be getting those numbers from customers,” she says. In fact, she says customers gave WOW! a 97.4% satisfaction rating.

ConsNONE but sometime very stressful and busy and required to work after hour on weekdays
     and also be on call once every month

required to have knowledge of Internet service provider and need good people skills

after all this is great companyt to work for and grow your career

you can take wide open west us company that will take to next level

Advice to Senior ManagementNONE

Worked for WOW! Internet? Contribute to the Community!