WP Engine
www.wpengine.com Austin, TX 50 to 149 Employees

WP Engine Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014
WP Engine – Austin – “WP Engine Sign”

Jason Cohen

Best company I've ever worked for, hands down.

Customer Support Specialist Level II (Current Employee)

I have been working at WP Engine full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat benefits, amazing culture, we get fed, plenty of awesome snacks, and it really is like we're a family. People get very close and WPE hires people that fit a certain culture and have a certain mentality. We're very social, driven, and intelligent people who strongly care about the work we do and making our customers happy, but we also love to have fun. If you work hard, learn as much as you can, and contribute, it's easy to be recognized by everyone in the company. If you have a good idea, management will always listen. It doesn't matter if you're Level 1 support or TechOps -- a good idea is a good idea. I've seen many employees suggestions (including mine) be implemented. The potential for personal growth is astounding, especially coupled with the fact that the company is growing at a ridiculous rate.

Plus, free parking in a parking garage downtown. That's pretty sweet.

ConsThe only bad thing I can really think of is that people might feel pressured to work lots of overtime. Management loves seeing people put in OT (unlimited OT!...for now, at least) and the people that work a lot obviously tend to get recognized more, so I can see how people might feel bad for not working OT. But really, as long as you put in your 8 hours and do good work, people aren't going to view you poorly. People have lives and can't always be at work, and everyone knows that.

Nothing compares

Customer Support Specialist Level I (Current Employee)

I have been working at WP Engine full-time for more than a year

Pros- The culture, and the people.
- The office, food, events.
- Management knows what they're doing, and there isn't anyone that doesn't deserve to be where they are.
- Company is growing incredibly fast.

ConsThis job isn't for everyone, as someone else has said. I work a lot, and am rewarded well for it.
This isn't a complaint, but it can be seen as a negative to some.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, and keep rewarding the outstanding employees as you do.

best place to work

Intern (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at WP Engine as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat people, great perks, great location

ConsNone, this company truly cares about its product and people

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Looks like the HR stooges have been here...

Senior Architect (Current Employee)

I have been working at WP Engine full-time for more than a year

ProsFree snacks.
Nice office location in downtown Austin with a great view of the city.

ConsNews flash for the exec team: if you were really as smart as you think you are, you wouldn't be building blogging software! How hard was that one to dream up?
We're changing the world!!! (LOL) Uninteresting products for people writing web content that nobody will read.
Strategy changes on a monthly basis. And no, that is not what a pivot is!

Advice to Senior ManagementResign, or be prosecuted.
You're so busy flying across the country that you're blind to problems, or maybe you don't care.

From Very Satisfied to Dissatisfied

I have been working at WP Engine full-time

ProsTech startup work environment with a nice view of downtown Austin on the 16th floor. Skilled team members, programmers, developers, and writers. Cool culture (at first).

ConsThe WP Engine team that was once small and fun is becoming big and serious. We got a lot of heat after we launched our shady affiliate program. Some of us are considering leaving (hence the recent job postings).

Advice to Senior ManagementNo more shady affiliate marketing. The founders should help out more with the growth of the company instead of having fun in different cities while we bust our asses running the company.

Incredible Culture

I have been working at WP Engine full-time for less than a year

ProsNot all startups are created equal. This one is one of the best startup opportunities in Austin, Texas.

I've been stoked to work here. The product is excellent, the people are smart, and we're growing. Leadership is humble and honest, benefits are top of the line, and there is growth opportunity.

ConsHours are intense. It's not for everyone that way. If you like having consistent hours, or haven't worked at a tech startup, this isn't for you.

Worked for WP Engine? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WP Engine reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WP Engine CEO Jason Cohen. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by WP Engine employees.