WPS Reviews

Great experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at WPS

Pros

Small company, so able to stretch yourself.

Cons

Like most startups, it is just a LOT of work, but for me, it was incredibly rewarding.

The product is fantastic - and on the back of the Women's World Cup and the 2012 Olympics, the core audience for this product will build and grow.

Good job however little to no room for advancement

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Madison, WI

I worked at WPS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are ok however on the decline. Able to learn a lot about government insurance

Cons

Upper management pushed for high production with little care aobut providing great customer service. Unable to grow and advance as the promotions are based on seniority and not merit.

Neutral

I have been working at WPS

Pros

The pay is great and the benefits are wonderful. The company is based right in Madison so it is an easy commute if you live outside of the area.

Cons

With the position I hold, there is a lot of traveling for weeks or months at a time. It is not ideal when you have other obligations at home.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

some mandated Overtime- Don't Expect promotion or flex time for years- Seniority based

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at WPS

Pros

The benefits are really good. If you enjoy repetitive work, it's a good job. If you're looking for good benefits and a satisfactory paycheck with voluntary overtime occasionally- This job is for you- there are raises at 6, 12 and 18 months (not very big ones) and if in the union- there are also cost of living increases. After training and a few months, you're allowed to request hour changes that may be more flexible for you.

Cons

After you get used to the position, it becomes extremely repetitive. If you don't mind answering an expected 60-100 calls per day and not getting off the phone until it is your break time- then you'll like it. If you want to advance or use their Flex-Schedule (10 hour days- 1 day off, 9 hour or 8 1/2 hour) do not expect to get Fridays for at least 6 years of employment. Most every promotion and these days off are based on seniority- also- vacation time can easily be denied if you plan a trip during a popular vacation period. Many people have an extremely negative attitude about their work there, which spreads a negative vibe in the workplace. So, if you are dissatisfied with your job somewhat, expect that that could very well get even worse with workplace rants. I really like the people I worked with, and genuinly enjoyed the job. It's unfortunate that the people I talk to who still work there ( in many different divisions and positions) always say, "Yeah, I'm still there...and I hate it!"

Before criticizing someone for checking weather- check some of the supervisor's computer activities (Facebook, Instant messaging other supervisors, how much they really do- some group together and gossip which is NOT professional)

Worked for WPS? Contribute to the Community!