WPS Reviews

Reset
2.9
Dan Alexander

1. Manager

I have been working at WPS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

nice group and local to wisconsin

Cons

Too much work, it is sweat shop

Advice to Management

No advice

2. RN

I worked at WPS full-time

Pros

great benefits and great salery

Cons

very poor training and expections without training are "you can figure it out"

Advice to Management

Teach the staff how to do the jobs as required

3. RN

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at WPS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, weekends off. I love the challenge of my job and the feeling that I am given the opportunity to prove myself.

Cons

Some entrenched thinking leads to fear in staff that have been around a long time; I think the earlier company personality was pretty punitive

5. No job security, no benefits, burn employees out, lack of communication from supervisors and pay

Former Employee - Claims Processing
    Former Employee - Claims Processing

Pros

Co workers are friendly,training is decent, time off is usually granted, work hours of your choice, I hear the insurance benefits are good. I really do not see much positive for this company, depending on your role within the company this could be a great job.

Cons

outdated technology,micro management, poor communication

Advice to Management

Start listening to employees and stop treating us like children, offer job security or you will continue to see employees quit. If we are not valued- you will not be valued either.

6. Good job however little to no room for advancement

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Madison, WI

I worked at WPS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are ok however on the decline. Able to learn a lot about government insurance

Cons

Upper management pushed for high production with little care aobut providing great customer service. Unable to grow and advance as the promotions are based on seniority and not merit.

7. Neutral

Pros

The pay is great and the benefits are wonderful. The company is based right in Madison so it is an easy commute if you live outside of the area.

Cons

With the position I hold, there is a lot of traveling for weeks or months at a time. It is not ideal when you have other obligations at home.

8. Great experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Small company, so able to stretch yourself.

Cons

Like most startups, it is just a LOT of work, but for me, it was incredibly rewarding.

Advice to Management

The product is fantastic - and on the back of the Women's World Cup and the 2012 Olympics, the core audience for this product will build and grow.

9. some mandated Overtime- Don't Expect promotion or flex time for years- Seniority based

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

The benefits are really good. If you enjoy repetitive work, it's a good job. If you're looking for good benefits and a satisfactory paycheck with voluntary overtime occasionally- This job is for you- there are raises at 6, 12 and 18 months (not very big ones) and if in the union- there are also cost of living increases. After training and a few months, you're allowed to request hour changes that may be more flexible for you.

Cons

After you get used to the position, it becomes extremely repetitive. If you don't mind answering an expected 60-100 calls per day and not getting off the phone until it is your break time- then you'll like it. If you want to advance or use their Flex-Schedule (10 hour days- 1 day off, 9 hour or 8 1/2 hour) do not expect to get Fridays for at least 6 years of employment. Most every promotion and these days off are based on seniority- also- vacation time can easily be denied if you plan a trip during a popular vacation period. Many people have an extremely negative attitude about their work there, which spreads a negative vibe in the workplace. So, if you are dissatisfied with your job somewhat, expect that that could very well get even worse with workplace rants. I really like the people I worked with, and genuinly enjoyed the job. It's unfortunate that the people I talk to who still work there ( in many different divisions and positions) always say, "Yeah, I'm still there...and I hate it!"

Advice to Management

Before criticizing someone for checking weather- check some of the supervisor's computer activities (Facebook, Instant messaging other supervisors, how much they really do- some group together and gossip which is NOT professional)

RSS Feed </> Embed