WSP Group
www.wspgroup.com Montreal, Canada 5000+ Employees

WSP Group Reviews in London, England

Updated May 12, 2014
WSP Group – Ovidiu – “Site office in winter”

Pierre Shoiry

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

World class experience

Associate Director (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsFrom starting as a graduate the company has supported me in my personal development through to associate director level. They have constantly offered me new challenges and areas to grow, supporting me technically and managerially via internal and external courses and personally by backing city / office relocation. I have been trusted to make the right decisions in my career and assisted to grow and develop a specialist discipline.
    The project experience I have accrued I'm sure is second to none. I would highly recommend a career in WSP to anyone with the right attitude and work ethic.

ConsThe biggest challenge in a big company is communication, I've seen a number of strategies but I think we're getting there. A big company can also mean that decisions that affect your career are taken remotely from your direct line management, this can sometimes be difficult to reconcile as rewards must be distributed fairly in large teams, especially in hard economic times. I've seen this lead to motivation issues with certain roles / types of people.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough I understand the difficulties in managing large teams and budgets I believe it is important that individual career paths are honoured to ensure motivation and key skill retention. The PDR process is commonly not taken seriously as it bares no real relationship to true effective progression. A culture of autonomy and personal responsibility must be fostered, the company must strive to be remain personal as it grows so all voices can be heard and all ideas assessed.
    A return to performance related bonuses would be welcomed by all and is essential to retain key staff.

Good place to work but tough times

London, England (UK)

ProsPleasant work environment, good people on the whole, great new London office.

ConsSalary cuts an everything else that comes with the current tough market.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you can in the current tough market.

Worked for WSP Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WSP Group reviews and ratings in London, England — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WSP Group CEO Pierre Shoiry. All reviews posted anonymously by WSP Group employees.