WTAS

Add Photos

WTAS CEO Mark Vorsatz

Mark Vorsatz

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Amazing talent, friendly co-workers, approachable partners

Associate (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at WTAS full-time for less than a year

ProsPeople here are very friendly and very smart/accomplished coming from prestigious universities.
The technology is good. I have efficient computers and new laptops/computer mouses/keyboards. There is IT support on site and if you e-mail IT they get back to you fast.
The office setting in downtown LA is pretty. Nice cubicles, offices, and view.
The coffee machine and company events are nice.
Lots of perks during busy season.
Good eateries around the office.
Very good clients. Growing company. Great talent. The partners used to run Arthur Anderson, they are basically on par with Big 4 partners in terms of experience, talent, and connections. This new company is only 10 years old and growing under this talent which is sure to be a success.
The partners are very approachable.

ConsParking downtown is expensive.
Not much I dislike about this firm. I'm loving my job.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep recruiting good talent!

RUN don't just walk away from this company

Associate (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at WTAS full-time for more than a year

ProsI honestly can't think of one other than end of busy season parties where there is an open bar.

ConsI've worked in corporate environments my entire life and never have I had to deal with such a massive group of vile people!

Work load is horrifying and you're expected to carry the load of 4 regular employees. I worked there over a year and can count on my two hands how many times I had a chance to take a lunch. Sure I could take a lunch if I wanted but that would mean spending my evenings in the office (no thanks!).

Management was a complete joke. When your manager is never in the office to truly guide you, what's the point of them being around at all? My title quickly turned into getting work done so management could claim it as their own.

Company - There is no corporate culture. When a company rises from the tainted ashes of Arthur Anderson, what more is there to be expected? I truly hope they shape up and see how miserable they're making their employees

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of your employees don't truly understand that when they "work form home" they should actually be WORKING. There needs to be a better structure in place.

Great place

Tax Associate (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at WTAS full-time

ProsReally smart people...mostly with big four or law firm backgrounds training program is definitely a strength and there is a lot of emphasis on technical development.

Consworkload is uneven, but that's true in most places.

Unbelievable

Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at WTAS

ProsThe building is a nice facility and located in a great location. My incoming class of new hires I became especially close with out of solidarity.

ConsWTAS is a glittering example of how not to run a company.

Hours of work during "busy season" (tax deadline season twice a year) are more than investment banking hours. Management mismanages client work and fails to communicate the urgency of needed client documents.

Management and leadership care little about your professional development and merely seek to maintain their book of business from the Anderson days.

Turnover speaks for itself, as it surpassed 40% when I was employed there.

I've been told other offices are better with culture, learning, and hours. Los Angeles is the black sheep of the corporate family. Looking back, I see WTAS as waste of of my professional time.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire and give the reins to new blood who understand how to run a company. It may be a CPA firm, but organizational capacity and professionalism run real organizations.

Worked for WTAS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WTAS reviews and ratings in Los Angeles, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WTAS CEO Mark Vorsatz. All reviews posted anonymously by WTAS employees.