WTS International Reviews

Gary Henkin

1. Great part-time job

Former Employee - Front Desk in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Front Desk in New York, NY

I worked at WTS International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed my time working the spa desk at one of the NYC higher end hotels. Overall, the clients were great. Of course a few were high strung but you get that with any job dealing with the public. I got to use the fitness facilities on my days off. Received discounts on the skincare products that the spa sold. For a PT gig I appreciated the higher salary at the time and that it wasn't a high stress environment.

Cons

Can't really say there we any for myself directly. My challenges had to do with my own work/life balance. This was my 2nd PT in addition to holding down a FT job. So my hours on the weekend were 1-8PM. So I was working seven days a week. Again not their fault.

However, one of my co-workers who worked for the company for sometime. She was a more senior Front Desk attendant. After working at this location for years and going to school for hospitality, she wanted to be considered for a management position, but felt that she was overlooked. Which was unfortunate because she certainly acted as a Manager on Duty when the Spa Director wasn't available and was given a lot of responsibilities by the Director.

Missing in Action

Current Employee - Therapist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Therapist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at WTS International part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Higher starting salaries and well positioned in the luxury hospitality market.

Cons

Small glass ceilings, inadeqate supplies and equipment to perform duties, lack of support, hiring for bodies and to fill positions but not qualification. No raises or bonus no matter how successful you make them!

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees!

3. Good place to learn, not the best place to stay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at WTS International part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of room for growth.
    Each location will be a different experience based on management.

Cons

Policy seemed to change abruptly.
    Very little consistent training in place.

Advice to Management

Set policy across the board

Good environment, little compensation.

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at WTS International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good culture, co-workers are very friendly. My previous Director was a bit hard on everyone but only because her expectations were always 5 star, we could always count on her to get things done. free food in cafeteria.

Cons

big emphasis on upgrades. pay is stellar. Hotel staff is constantly looking down to the spa as a 3rd rate citizen. expect to have guests complain at checkout and front desk marking off the charges. Hotel manager will yes you to death and ultimately nothing will change.
    Also, new Director is hardly present. Supervisor is handling almost everything.

Advice to Management

I'd take time to talk to the supervisors one on one and see how operations are going. It'd also be beneficial to hear what the rest of the staff have to say.

6. Its ok

Former Employee - Front Desk in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Fairfax, VA

I worked at WTS International part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I liked the people, the community feel, and everyone was cool with one another. I also enjoyed that I was able to do hw as I was a student in college, between my walk arounds and what not.

Cons

the 3 years I was there I got only a 50 cent raise. I understand I was part time but that's horrible. Also if your working for a smaller community area they basically pay you low wages and then expect you to open or close, clean everything, and watch the facility. They don't pay you for the amount of responsibility you have.

Advice to Management

There should be much better incentives for people to stay with the company. Like a raise for employees who stay and promotion opportunity even if they are students. These students could be graduating and a real benefit to the company.

7. Great for training bad for long term

I worked at WTS International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Had awesome management training and constant webinars. Great opportunity to learn the industry from start to finish.

Cons

Bad managers get rewarded and good people get let go. No way to build a positive work place.

Advice to Management

Listen to all your employees, not just your new management.

8. Professional and Fair

Former Employee - SPA Director in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - SPA Director in Miami, FL

I worked at WTS International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

WTS has a solid infrastructure for support of the people they hire out in the properties. They have grown over the years and management up scale properties. The upper management is hands on and supportive.

Cons

I can't think of any con's .

Advice to Management

continue being the best in the industry.

Unacceptable and you deserve better.

Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at WTS International part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee discount on spa services. Get to eat in the Trump employee dining room.

Cons

If you enjoy an unorganized system of management, cross your fingers marketing plans and questionable financial dealings then this company is for you. There is barely any training for new employees and mostly they just make you figure out how to do your job on your own. Just wing it is a favorite training method. Then they are quick to write you up, suspend you or fire you if you make a mistake. That is if you haven't left screaming yet. Because many people do. There is a revolving door of employees that never seems to stop going around. Which of course means being short staffed almost every shift. Or else having a very inexperienced staff, which sometimes is worse. The standards that once existed are rarely followed or taught. There is no team work, not even a sense of team. The front desk is pitted against therapists in terms of sales. Management is addicted to discounting, as they seem to believe this the only form of marketing in existence. Which contributes to the randomness of appointments. Don't get your hopes too high up for full time status, benefits or hiring up from within.

Then there is the fact that you are not really an employee of the place you are working. But still have to deal with much of the crazy mess that is Trump Hotel. The employee parking lot is a nightmare on your car with broken asphalt everywhere. And good luck finding a parking spot, you're better off parking at the mall across the street. Human Resources is not located anywhere near the property location Nevada vs Maryland, so help or guidance is difficult to get. There is very little appreciation given for a job well done and very little care for employee and guest safety and well being.

Advice to Management

Remember it is an experience being sold not just a treatment. You do a great disservice to the guest when you tell them to be there 5-15 minutes before appointment. Which means they are rushed into their robe and sandals and onto the table. Where is the time to relax? People come to us with a desire to be taken care of. Tell them to arrive 30 minutes prior so they can use the steam or sauna and then shower. It makes a world of difference. Do a google search of employees before hiring them. You'd be surprised what comes up on google that background checks fail to report. Discounting is the lowest form of marketing. Try something else.

10. A good place to work if you don't need to make a lot of money.

Current Employee - Front Desk in Saint Pete Beach, Pinellas, FL
    Current Employee - Front Desk in Saint Pete Beach, Pinellas, FL

I have been working at WTS International part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A 2% gratuity added for the front desk agents and a 10% retail commission. Also, it's a pretty fun place to work.

Cons

No one is full time. It's not a place to invest your self long term. Most of the employees have other jobs or go to school.

Advice to Management

Offer more full time positions for people who want it instead of hiring twice as many part time people.

11. Good company to work for with plenty of growth potential

I have been working at WTS International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, growth potential, and plenty of resources for support

Cons

Clients can be awful. Stressful