WTS International

Gary Henkin

Professional and Fair

Former Employee - SPA Director in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - SPA Director in Miami, FL

I worked at WTS International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

WTS has a solid infrastructure for support of the people they hire out in the properties. They have grown over the years and management up scale properties. The upper management is hands on and supportive.

Cons

I can't think of any con's .

continue being the best in the industry.

A professional, organized, and efficient organization

Current Employee - Fitness Attendant in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Fitness Attendant in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at WTS International part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I'm always impressed by the enthusiasum of our regional managers and how well our policies are established. I feel like anyone could walk in, open our standard ops, and be able to perform any task without confusion. I really feel like I've been given tools to become a better customer service representative and I'm proud to work for WTS.

Cons

I had an idea for a cost saving measure about a year ago and I mentioned it to my manager and she said she didn't think they'd use it. The corporate office implemented it a few months ago. I felt like I could have told them earlier and saved them even more money earlier.

Please keep hiring energetic, efficient people. My managers really know how to manage and motivate my team.

Great part-time job

Former Employee - Front Desk in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Front Desk in New York, NY

I worked at WTS International part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed my time working the spa desk at one of the NYC higher end hotels. Overall, the clients were great. Of course a few were high strung but you get that with any job dealing with the public. I got to use the fitness facilities on my days off. Received discounts on the skincare products that the spa sold. For a PT gig I appreciated the higher salary at the time and that it wasn't a high stress environment.

Cons

Can't really say there we any for myself directly. My challenges had to do with my own work/life balance. This was my 2nd PT in addition to holding down a FT job. So my hours on the weekend were 1-8PM. So I was working seven days a week. Again not their fault.

However, one of my co-workers who worked for the company for sometime. She was a more senior Front Desk attendant. After working at this location for years and going to school for hospitality, she wanted to be considered for a management position, but felt that she was overlooked. Which was unfortunate because she certainly acted as a Manager on Duty when the Spa Director wasn't available and was given a lot of responsibilities by the Director.

Good company to work for with plenty of growth potential

I have been working at WTS International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, growth potential, and plenty of resources for support

Cons

Clients can be awful. Stressful

Good Company

Former Employee - SPA - Front Desk Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - SPA - Front Desk Assistant in San Diego, CA

I worked at WTS International part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, great team and management.

Cons

No room for growth, no benefits.

A Decent Company

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at WTS International

Pros

There is a lot of contact with senior management and a lot of support from the corporate office.

Cons

It is very difficult to move up in this company, especially if you start at the bottom. A lot of the hard work done by junior employees seems to get overlooked.

More attention should be paid to the work done by employees. There needs to be more information about opportunities for growth.

Great Spa, WTS working hard to make it exceptional

Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Manalapan, FL
    Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Manalapan, FL

I worked at WTS International

Pros

Great Pay
    Great Environment
    Good communication
    Good team building and morale building

Cons

Shaky on benefits, none when I was there as a fulltime employee, but always hearing that it was in the works
    Pushing the selling of products on Massage Therapists during treatments with guests, and then basing the massage therapist income on their selling, typically massage therapist don't sell products so much, upgrades yes, but not products

You're doing great, just make sure the therapists are judged more on their massage skills than the selling.

WTS, and interesting experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at WTS International

Pros

WTS describes themselves as the "rolls royce" of leisure management firms, and they are just that. They provide very specific scopes of work for their clients and work 100% to meet their needs.

Cons

While trying to 100% meet client needs- they somewhat let their internal employees feel the brunt of their dissatisfaction.

Promote growth, and clearly lay out what career tracks there are internally. We often tell our managers well you can do this this and this to get to this level, but there is no program like that internally.

Good environment, little compensation.

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at WTS International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good culture, co-workers are very friendly. My previous Director was a bit hard on everyone but only because her expectations were always 5 star, we could always count on her to get things done. free food in cafeteria.

Cons

big emphasis on upgrades. pay is stellar. Hotel staff is constantly looking down to the spa as a 3rd rate citizen. expect to have guests complain at checkout and front desk marking off the charges. Hotel manager will yes you to death and ultimately nothing will change.
    Also, new Director is hardly present. Supervisor is handling almost everything.

I'd take time to talk to the supervisors one on one and see how operations are going. It'd also be beneficial to hear what the rest of the staff have to say.

Its ok

Former Employee - Front Desk in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Fairfax, VA

I worked at WTS International part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I liked the people, the community feel, and everyone was cool with one another. I also enjoyed that I was able to do hw as I was a student in college, between my walk arounds and what not.

Cons

the 3 years I was there I got only a 50 cent raise. I understand I was part time but that's horrible. Also if your working for a smaller community area they basically pay you low wages and then expect you to open or close, clean everything, and watch the facility. They don't pay you for the amount of responsibility you have.

There should be much better incentives for people to stay with the company. Like a raise for employees who stay and promotion opportunity even if they are students. These students could be graduating and a real benefit to the company.