WTS International

www.wtsinternational.com
Profile Unclaimed

A professional, organized, and efficient organization

Current Employee - Fitness Attendant in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Fitness Attendant in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at WTS International part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I'm always impressed by the enthusiasum of our regional managers and how well our policies are established. I feel like anyone could walk in, open our standard ops, and be able to perform any task without confusion. I really feel like I've been given tools to become a better customer service representative and I'm proud to work for WTS.

Cons

I had an idea for a cost saving measure about a year ago and I mentioned it to my manager and she said she didn't think they'd use it. The corporate office implemented it a few months ago. I felt like I could have told them earlier and saved them even more money earlier.

Please keep hiring energetic, efficient people. My managers really know how to manage and motivate my team.

Age Descrimination

Former Contractor - Clubhouse Manager/Lifestyle Director in Apollo Beach, FL
    Former Contractor - Clubhouse Manager/Lifestyle Director in Apollo Beach, FL

I worked at WTS International as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Salary was good..however, hours were very long. I worked hours in a positive manner..having always had excellent work ethics.

Cons

I had years more experience then my immediate supervisor..she was in no way equipped to manage and knew it. I am and was very easy and gracious to work with...too bad she wasn't!

They need to be more proactive. If you hire an experienced and extremely effectual person to work for you in "the field"...why not listen to them when they are being charged with things they did not do?
    You lost two very good employees...interestingly enough, much older and more experienced then the immediate supervisor. A similar situation arose with a fellow employee of WTS also in the same position as myself. There were over 400 e-mails protesting my dismissal by the residents. They complained that they had finally gotten someone from WTS who knew what they were doing and WTS let me go. I was framed.

Former Employee - Front Desk (the SPA At the Peabody) in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Front Desk (the SPA At the Peabody) in Orlando, FL

I worked at WTS International part-time (less than a year)

Pros

boring , easy punch in punch out mindless employment

Cons

no commissions for front desk

Shady pay scale practices and poor managers

Current Employee - Massage Therapist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Massage Therapist in New York, NY

I have been working at WTS International part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not sure this is good, headquarter presence low to non-existent and the location is quiet.

Cons

Hire managers with poor people and organizational skills. Intimidation and retaliation from management is common. No HR present locally.
    Massage Therapist have a commission pay structure which includes product selling. It is very difficult to move up in pay structure scale or even maintain your rate, since percentage goals are high and discounted services are reduced from your pay. If you are given a discounted service to perform your pay is reduced in more ways than one. If you don't maintain an average ticket price you pay can be reduced. Evaluation is every 90 days. The stress to perform sometimes caused friction among therapist. There is no team building, but they say they want team players.
    They don't tell you how the average ticket total is calculated, but make you sign a contract saying your pay is based on net average ticket total.

Be fair with your therapist. You pay your managers and support staff a decent salary then nickle and dime the therapist, the people who bring in the money.

A Decent Company

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at WTS International

Pros

There is a lot of contact with senior management and a lot of support from the corporate office.

Cons

It is very difficult to move up in this company, especially if you start at the bottom. A lot of the hard work done by junior employees seems to get overlooked.

More attention should be paid to the work done by employees. There needs to be more information about opportunities for growth.

Great Spa, WTS working hard to make it exceptional

Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Manalapan, FL
    Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Manalapan, FL

I worked at WTS International

Pros

Great Pay
    Great Environment
    Good communication
    Good team building and morale building

Cons

Shaky on benefits, none when I was there as a fulltime employee, but always hearing that it was in the works
    Pushing the selling of products on Massage Therapists during treatments with guests, and then basing the massage therapist income on their selling, typically massage therapist don't sell products so much, upgrades yes, but not products

You're doing great, just make sure the therapists are judged more on their massage skills than the selling.

Just a Summer Job

Former Employee - Fitness Attendant in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Fitness Attendant in Alexandria, VA

I worked at WTS International

Pros

The hours are fairly flexible, and it's a very easy job while you have it. If you like interacting with people, you definitely get a lot of interaction with people.

Cons

Some of the things I didn't like were that there's almost no chance of advancing within the company or in the field.

If WTS wants to be a more successful company, they should treat their employees with better pay and benefits; there seems to be no room for advancement.

Good entry level job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at WTS International

Pros

Can make good friends at work. Get to travel to some pretty good hotels in the US

Cons

Lack of communication within the company. Lack of leadership.

Hire a business manager to help grow the company. Pay people market rates. Explain company policy and seek buy-in from staff. Keep consistent policy, dont change them on a whim.

WTS, and interesting experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at WTS International

Pros

WTS describes themselves as the "rolls royce" of leisure management firms, and they are just that. They provide very specific scopes of work for their clients and work 100% to meet their needs.

Cons

While trying to 100% meet client needs- they somewhat let their internal employees feel the brunt of their dissatisfaction.

Promote growth, and clearly lay out what career tracks there are internally. We often tell our managers well you can do this this and this to get to this level, but there is no program like that internally.

WTS - neutral

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at WTS International

Pros

At times , wts locations provide a nice enviromenment.

Cons

Lack of communication, and accountability. Can you say, abandonment?

Re structure, less promotions of sales, more nurturing contracts.