Wabash National

Richard J. Giromini

I liked working at Wabash National

Former Employee - Fabrication in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Fabrication in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Wabash National full-time (less than an year)

Pros

the work was good, I liked working in the fabrication department. The people I worked with were friendly and I had a good working with them

Cons

I had a problem with one employee which cost me my job. I am sorry how I handle the problem with him.

I really did not have any problems with management

this company is great to work with. They care about there employees and family.

Current Employee - Supply Chain Management in Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Management in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Wabash National full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This has company has great benefits, very professional, great pay

Cons

none. they are great company

yes advancements are possible every day.

I love the speed of the job, and the environment of a full work force.

Former Employee - Impact, Gantry, Ect in Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Impact, Gantry, Ect in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Wabash National part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The manual labor is my type of work. I loved always being taught to do every job in the company, and as long as you work hard and pay attention you get to be trained for the next position. I like the fact that you can move up in your working positions. You always learn something new.

Cons

To be totally honest the only con to the company of Wabash national is that you can only be hired on Part-time, and then when its time to lay people off they are quit biased they let go of the woman before the men.

Getting fans would be about the only thing I feel that could really be a factor of creating a better work environment.

Happy Former Employee

Former Employee - Business Unit Manager in Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Business Unit Manager in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Wabash National full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I joined Wabash in one of it's worst performing years with a team of new hires determined to impart the world of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement onto the organization as a whole. In 2-3 years Wabash had been completely reprocessed to eliminate waste, any productive associate who wanted to add to the process was empowered to do so. This was a perfect greenfield emplimentation.

Cons

Given many gains in quality our detection levels improved and new faults were constantly springing up. This just reinforces the continuous nature of the process.

Other reviews are not very optimistic, hopefully all associates get an opportunity to explain the aspects that make for a difficult work environment.

Loved it......

Former Employee - Metal Fab in Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Metal Fab in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Wabash National as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Loved all the people I worked with in Metal Fab...:)

Cons

One mistake and your gone......

Think about who you let go!

Not bad!

Former Employee - Glue Line in Harrison, AR
    Former Employee - Glue Line in Harrison, AR

I worked at Wabash National full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They give you health benefits as well as decent pay.

Cons

The work isn't always the easiest.

Great internship with supportive engineering staff

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Intern in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Wabash National as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Was able to work on multiple projects in different areas over the course of the internship. Staff was highly supportive and gave opportunities for design reviews. Received very little busy work over.

Cons

For an engineering internship the salary was lower than expected. Additionally could have received a larger amount education regarding the company earlier in the internship.

Increase internship salary to a more competitive value.

Decent work for a factory and you are treated well by management.

Former Employee - Assembler in Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Assembler in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Wabash National part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pro to working here in my honest opinion is you can get lucky with your immediate and upper management. I was lucky enough to have a super awesome down to earth and super friendly immediate supervisor and coordinator. Depending on the department you are assigned to it can be very easy (and unfortunately boring) work. Most (see cons) of your co-workers are easy to get along with and since you all do the same thing you can joke about around about work in between cycles. The company definitely has a positive outlook and I knew the trainer from a previous job I worked with him at (he was there part-time on top of Wabash at the time). I'd say if you don't mind sweating ALOT and doing a lot of manual labor for the same pay as a retail or sales position somewhere else then inquire about a position.

Cons

Being forced to work 6 days a week up to 48 Hours in my time there in a factory environment was not something I particularly enjoyed. Some people like to work themselves to death just for that little bit of overtime just so they can pay their fancy car bill. I worked with someone very young that voluntarily worked 12 hours everyday by staying 4 hours over every night just because he loved making a couple hundred extra dollars every week. He literally only worked and slept during the week and I never understand how people can do that to themselves. I was also teased during my time in "blue" about how I needed to be faster. This was by another employee not any management. Not much I could do about it because he himself was particularly fast and well-liked. My speed was in fact just fine after querying my coordinator on the issue. At certain times because of overhead and slowdown in other departments you have idle time which is great if love standing and doing nothing on concrete but even after sweeping in and around the whole department and sorting nuts and bolts while others are sitting on the rails talking it gets old. The break system is a little inferior to most places in my opinion as well. For a diabetic getting a 20 minute lunch after 4 hours in and only a ten minute break 2 hours before your shift ends is a little too risky. I ultimately left the company due to not being able to control my blood sugar very well with their break schedule. I would certainly recommend Wabash to anyone with a fully functional pancreas and doesn't particularly want to work in a field relating to customer service of any kind and you just prefer labor.

Keep a better eye on your employees who just mess around and talk in between cycles. Often times the blue shirts are doing more work than the red shirts.

It was good

I worked at Wabash National part-time (less than an year)

Pros

decent pay, good management program. they pay for tuition and have good bonuses

Cons

Hard to move up in the company. The pay is ok but could be better

im a forklift driver also a crane operator and receiving handler.

Current Employee - Forklift Driver in Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Forklift Driver in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Wabash National full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

at one time the employer took care of their good workers. not any more

Cons

trying to keep the lines working doing my job and other people jobs. some people come to work to play I come here to do a job and I take my work serious.

you come to work to be people supervisor not their friends if you mix the two together on the job it can cause serious problems.