Wabash National

Add Photos

Wabash National President, CEO, and Director Richard J. Giromini

Richard J. Giromini

Loved it......

Metal Fab (Former Employee)
    Lafayette, IN

ProsLoved all the people I worked with in Metal Fab...:)

ConsOne mistake and your gone......

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about who you let go!

It was good

Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee)
    Lafayette, IN

Prosdecent pay, good management program. they pay for tuition and have good bonuses

ConsHard to move up in the company. The pay is ok but could be better

im a forklift driver also a crane operator and receiving handler.

Forklift Driver (Current Employee)
    Lafayette, IN

Prosat one time the employer took care of their good workers. not any more

Constrying to keep the lines working doing my job and other people jobs. some people come to work to play I come here to do a job and I take my work serious.

Advice to Senior Managementyou come to work to be people supervisor not their friends if you mix the two together on the job it can cause serious problems.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not bad!

Glue Line (Former Employee)
    Harrison, AR

ProsThey give you health benefits as well as decent pay.

ConsThe work isn't always the easiest.

Great internship with supportive engineering staff

Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee)
    Lafayette, IN

ProsWas able to work on multiple projects in different areas over the course of the internship. Staff was highly supportive and gave opportunities for design reviews. Received very little busy work over.

ConsFor an engineering internship the salary was lower than expected. Additionally could have received a larger amount education regarding the company earlier in the internship.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease internship salary to a more competitive value.

The CEO is wonderful, but he needs to clean house a bit

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some fantastic people with phenomenal ideas working at WNC
    They are in the enviable position of growing after many, many years of shedding jobs
    Certain departments have a real "family company" feel to them

ConsThe departments are so silo-ed they were working against each other

Changes in the departments at HQ happen at a glacial pace

When someone points out somewhere that the company is hemorrhaging money, the management is so afraid of change and too afraid to admit the mistake, they sweep it under the rug and stick their heads in the sand and stick to the way "its always been done".

The budgets of certain departments are made up instead of basing them on real numbers

If someone comes in with ideas or suggestions to make positive changes that have worked in similar companies in a similar industry, they are moved into a menial job off by themselves until they quit.

People are fired just for not getting along with their boss, or the yes men who surround them

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a company that truly needs an overhaul. There are very few people in management that are PRO change. Their Financial Departments appear to be moving forward, and with the new HR Management, they are making big strides with HR, but the IT Department management needs to be wiped out and started fresh from the outside and the Plant Floor management needs to spend some time working in one of the big 5 auto plants to get some hands on experience from people who roll 10 times as many vehicles out the door every day. IT and Plant Floor are overly certain they know what's best and run a "good ol' boys club" where they protect eachother. I saw positive changes with the hiring of new HR and Financial management, but don't stop there. If you want change, you won't be successful with the same management staff in IT and Plant Floor. Oh, and by the way, your Sales Management needs the most work. They need some sort of CRM application for their contacts, and stop holding on to email for 10 years just so they can maintain all of their contact information. If all of your top management have been at the top for more than 5 years, they are dead wood. They need to keep going back to the well of knowledge for training and in service days at other manufacturing companies to keep sharpening the saw. You got a lot of "lame duck politicians" at the top right now punching the clock till retirement. They are wasting your time.

this company is great to work with. They care about there employees and family.

Supply Chain Management (Current Employee)
    Lafayette, IN

ProsThis has company has great benefits, very professional, great pay

Consnone. they are great company

Advice to Senior Managementyes advancements are possible every day.

I love the speed of the job, and the environment of a full work force.

Impact, Gantry, Ect (Former Employee)
    Lafayette, IN

ProsThe manual labor is my type of work. I loved always being taught to do every job in the company, and as long as you work hard and pay attention you get to be trained for the next position. I like the fact that you can move up in your working positions. You always learn something new.

ConsTo be totally honest the only con to the company of Wabash national is that you can only be hired on Part-time, and then when its time to lay people off they are quit biased they let go of the woman before the men.

Advice to Senior ManagementGetting fans would be about the only thing I feel that could really be a factor of creating a better work environment.

Talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.

Accounting (Former Employee)
    Lafayette, IN

ProsThey conduct employee development programs, such as leadership and job skills training.

ConsThey don't require managers to implement the good management practices that they pay lip service to. This includes quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't have IT report to HR; assign them to the CFO. Require HR to conduct exit interviews with all departing employees in order to get necessary feedback on managers.

Happy Former Employee

Business Unit Manager (Former Employee)
    Lafayette, IN

ProsI joined Wabash in one of it's worst performing years with a team of new hires determined to impart the world of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement onto the organization as a whole. In 2-3 years Wabash had been completely reprocessed to eliminate waste, any productive associate who wanted to add to the process was empowered to do so. This was a perfect greenfield emplimentation.

ConsGiven many gains in quality our detection levels improved and new faults were constantly springing up. This just reinforces the continuous nature of the process.

Advice to Senior ManagementOther reviews are not very optimistic, hopefully all associates get an opportunity to explain the aspects that make for a difficult work environment.

Worked for Wabash National? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wabash National reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wabash National CEO Richard J. Giromini. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Wabash National employees.