Wachovia Reviews in Florida

Updated September 26, 2014
3.5

Wachovia Chairman and CEO John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf

Pros
  • Wachovia was very committed to work-life balance (in 41 reviews)

• Work/life balance, good benefits (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Limited cross group interaction at levels below senior management (in 31 reviews)

• Since the merger with Wells Fargo healthcare insurance is not the best (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

46 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Experience in 3 main areas of this company.. best position yet!!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Wachovia

Pros

In the community banking retail/admin area, the Senior Leaders are very supportive in learning your strengths and your desires for your future career path. They are also very encouraging towards community service involvement- in fact, fulltime employees, (after 4 or 5- not sure- sorry! years of service), can take a 4 mo. leave to help their favorite non-profit organization fulltime!!

Communication between leaders and team members is very strong- daily, weekly, and montly conference calls, emails, and visits are the norm. Everyone works as a true team and helps eachother out.

Cons

If someone is averse to change, they may hesitate joining the Wachovia team for the time being. Wachovia is currently merging with Wells Fargo and although both companies are making a tremendous effort in order to ensure a smooth transition, someone averse to change could have a problem here.

I truly think that the Management in the Community Banking sector is already doing a fantastic job on motivating their team and driving us toward the same goals and purpose.

A great place to learn the finance industry

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Wachovia

Pros

Great hours. As long as we continue to close at 4. Great 401k, amazing paid time off. very competitive salary with good bonus structure

Cons

Wells Fargo is starting to hire unqualified managment, people who are not familiar with banking. Retail bank is just interested in gaining market share.

Bring in those familiar with banking when they are going into the managment role.

Don't work Here

Former Employee - Teller in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Teller in Orlando, FL

I worked at Wachovia

Pros

The benefit package was great for health care. However they charge you before and after tax if you have family members on your benefits. They charge you extra for taxes and then reduce at the end of year to save themselves money.

Cons

Management has no clue what they are doing. I worked in a branch that everyone had to ask twice on how to do there own job.

Get a real job

See for Yourself

Former Employee - Commercial and ATM Teller in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Commercial and ATM Teller in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Wachovia

Pros

Pay and benefits are great you also get paid time off which is also great and it is a secure job.

Cons

You take on more responsibilities that what you are paid for, they even deny requests for emergency dental surgery. most branches are short staffed so you work overtime a lot.

Work a week in the modern teller's shoes and see what it's like with all the work you put on them when you have to do all that you ask of them.

Good while it lasted...

Former Employee - Loan Processor II in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Loan Processor II in Tampa, FL

I worked at Wachovia

Pros

Good Pay
    Family environment
    Stromg Team work attitude

Cons

Disorganized Management
    Expensive Benefits
    Too much fluctuation in bonus structures

More training, especially at management level.
    Clearer goals for whole team
    Better Feedback

I was very disapointed after almost 6 months of employment.

Current Employee - PT Teller in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - PT Teller in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Wachovia

Pros

Store manager was very nice as well as most of the office staff.

Cons

Senior management is horrible. Their expectations of their employess are unreasonable. I only took a teller position to get into a company that I thought would be worth the effort put in to advance. After seeing how upper level management treats their employees, I was horrified. My store manager, as well as the personal bankers, have been brought to tears on more than one occasion due to unrealistic goals, stress, being overworked and it just seems that management is NEVER satisfied, even when goals are met. If the bankers miss their goals, they are punished by being forced to come in on their Saturdays off for these "Call Labs" , or they must stay late every day!! I have never worked for such terrible people.

I think all upper level management should be required to take Saturday classes, on their days off, on basic humanity!! What ever happened to treat people how you expect to be treated. Anyway, I gave my notice and got another job!

Treat your employees with more kindness. There are many talented people who work for you, and people are more than just numbers.

Account, lending and investment sales

Former Employee - Financial Specialist in The Villages, FL
    Former Employee - Financial Specialist in The Villages, FL

I worked at Wachovia

Pros

good commisson income for working hard. Bankers hours are great! Good teamwork generally within your location. When you make commission others can benefit from the sales.

Cons

Not enough gender diversity. Odd this is not seen. Mostly women which isnt so bad unless your the only 1 of 2 men working in the entire area of 50 people.

Do not allow management to manage the same area for too long. To much special outside relationship effects everyone.... and not in a good way. Hire some men!! Ratio of women to men are 25 to 1

I left Wachovia in 2004, I was very unimpressed with the local management and the way the branches were managed.

Former Employee - Financial Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Financial Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Wachovia

Pros

The pay check never bounced.

Cons

Required overtime, however due to laws, they do not pay for the overtime hours.

need better leadership in Broward cty.

Good place to learn to work with high-net-worth individuals

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Wachovia

Pros

company is very supportive of employees. good advancement opportunities if you are a strong performer. flexibility in work arrangements. strong

Cons

difficult to work in a changing environment because of the merger with wells fargo. not enough transparency and fear of layoffs.

please have more worthwhile meetings that dont spend so much time talking about nothing. some managers are a little incompetent

Wachovia is going down hill

Current Employee - Teller Manager in Delray Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Teller Manager in Delray Beach, FL

I have been working at Wachovia

Pros

Wachovia was a great company to work for until Wells Fargo took over! The pay is okay and the benefits a great.

Cons

SALES!!! SALES!!!! SALES!!! Wachovia used to focus on service but since Wells Fargo took over it's all about shoving products down customers throats!

Treat your employees with respect. I always felt like I gave 110% but it was never enough for upper management.

Wachovia Photos

One Wachovia Tower, headquarter officer of Wachovia in Charlotte North Carolina. (Photo attributed to Kozo - licensed under the CCL Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 & GFDL, version 1.2)
Sign - Very Nice Clean Branch