Wachovia Reviews

Reset
4.0
Wachovia Chairman and CEO John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf

Pros
  • Wachovia was very committed to work-life balance (in 42 reviews)

• Work/life balance, good benefits (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is blind sometimes (in 17 reviews)

• micro management like i've never seen (in 16 reviews)

1. Here comes Wells Fargo.....star wars/darth vader song starts!

I have been working at Wachovia

Pros

Good work/life balance. Keen focus on customer service. Relationship selling. This is changing as I type to the Wells model, Unfortunately :(

Cons

Take everything I said above and consider the exact opposite, this is the path to the Wells side of the force.

Advice to Management

Go back to Wachovia stlye of what's best for the client, and focus on relationships more than solutions that you can sell them

2. Wachovia is a great place to work just as long as you work within the system

I have been working at Wachovia

Pros

Wachovia has a great salary and compensation plan. They offer you a great chance to make money depending on your location. They also offer you with great training and tools to help you become successful. The sales process is second to none. I also believe the products that are offered are very competitive to any other bank. With Wachovia, you are always informed and updated on any new ways to market yourself ad the business to help further your development as an employee. Even though there are challenges, you do have plenty of support to help you in your success with the company.

Cons

Wachovia is a company that does heavily rely on Micro Managing. management is structured in a way that many reports have to be completed for various tasks. Sometimes it gets to be a bit reduntant.

Advice to Management

A focus should be made on trying to help struggling employees improve. Also level the playing field because not all centers are equal. A lot of your success at Wachovia depends upon your location and how strong your leadership is within that region.

3. Appraoch with caution.

Current Employee - Licensed Financial Specialist in Sealy, TX
    Current Employee - Licensed Financial Specialist in Sealy, TX

I have been working at Wachovia

Pros

Growth and promotion. you should consider wachovia for the long haul

Cons

Shaky future. I'd wait until the Wells merger is finalized. Sales driven. I wish the'd give managers offices.

Advice to Management

Care about the little people and don't cut benefits. Increae base salaries and ptomote from within. If you are considering a position. Go through recruiting. Increase productivity.

RSS Feed </> Embed