Wachovia Reviews

Reset
3.9
Wachovia Chairman and CEO John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf

Pros
  • Wachovia was very committed to work-life balance (in 42 reviews)

• Work/life balance, good benefits (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is blind sometimes (in 17 reviews)

• micro management like i've never seen (in 16 reviews)

Working For Wachovia , and LOVIN' it !

Current Employee - Teller in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Teller in Charlotte, NC

Pros

It's a company that makes sure it delivers a great internal and external service " customer and employee service" We Are Number One in Customer Service for the past Seven Years. It's a place that recognize hard work, talent and loyalty, therefore Wachovia honors and rewards that individual, team and region. Wachovia is a big growing company that I feel comfortable to work for and represent it. Wachovia is My Asset.

Cons

The competition in the Banking industry is really high; although Wachovia is considered one of the biggest banks, it's going to take harder work to be number one. It's not everywhere.

Advice to Management

Great Job. Keep it up. I would some day to meet you , and get to work with you one on one so i can learn more.

2. Wachovia is that and so much more! Love working for Wachovia, been there almost 3 years!

Current Employee - Trust Associate in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Trust Associate in Lancaster, PA

Pros

The benefits offered, the pay is higher than any other bank for the same position, they like to promote from within, lots of vacation and family care time given, very friendly atmosphere, and were #1 in customer satisfaction for the sixth straight year in a row. The longer you work at Wachovia the better your benefits, pay, and time off is.

Cons

Well everyone wants more money then what your employer is offering to give you so money is always an issue no matter where you go even though Wachovia pays their employees more than other banking institutions for the same positions (do the research, its true). It can be sometimes hard to get promoted or apply for a higher position, just depends on who else applied for the same job as you and if they have more experience or not, otherwise they hire internally more than externally.

Advice to Management

Give more bonuses for a job well done. Help those that want to learn and move up when its asked, don't just stop at training when one has done all the training they can allow in a year. I hate a brick wall slowing me down or stopping me.

3. Thompson is a strong leader with a good vision for the future.

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Richmond, VA

Pros

We have a ton of fun, it's a great place to work - friendly people, great hours, great pay, decent work, understanding management. I've been there 10 years!

Cons

Sometimes, it seems that one gets pigeon holed into the current job and promotions are hard to come by because the hiring managers tend to think one can only do that job and not something different.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Let recruiters and hiring manages feel comfortable that someone can do the job, even if they don't have the exact stated experience on the resume, take a look at transferrable skills, too.

5. My senior leadership is wonderful; I love working for this company!

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The work/life balance mantra is taken seriously, management is supportive, and feedback really is a gift. Wachovia gives you the tools and then some to suceed, they even support you with the drive if you need it. They care about what you think and I've seen them make adjustments to make sure their employees are happy.

Cons

The banking industry isn't exactly giving people a reason to jump up and down right now. As for Wachovia, I have nothing bad to say.

Advice to Management

Your support by stopping by the financial centers and your positive spirit goes sooo far. I'm so impressed that the senior management is always in view and cares about everyone on a personal level. Ken Thompson will be missed.

6. Very satisfied

Pros

Career advancement, positive, intelligent colleagues.

Cons

Job security given current market environment. Not unique to WB.

Advice to Management

NA

They demand a lot from their employees, but it's a great place to work.

Current Employee - Financial Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Great company that does almost all hiring from within, with plenty of opportunity for career advancement. Also because the company is so big, it's pretty easy to relocate if you need or want to.

Cons

If you work in a branch, you have to deal with a lot of customers who have no idea how to manage their money, and somehow think that it's your fault they received an overdraft fee even though it's completely their fault. It's amazing how rude customers can be, and can be challenging at times to provide the level of customer service Wachovia expects when you're getting yelled at by an unreasonable customer.

Advice to Management

When you're running sales contests, TOP Dollars are horrible incentive. PTO would be far better.

Overall a great company to work for

Current Employee - Personal Services Representative II
    Current Employee - Personal Services Representative II

Pros

They respect your individuality and allow you to be you. They are not judgemental about piercings and tattoos and the dress code is relaxed. Your benefit package is amazing. You get 3 weeks paid time off (sick and vacation) and then an additional 80 hours of Family Care Time, which can be used to care for your immediate family members. They are supportive of alternative families as well, allowing this time to be used for domestic partners or alternate care givers like grandparents or aunts and uncles that are the primary guardians. Most of the managers are very willing to work with you in terms of how this time is able to be used.

Cons

They tend to promote people from other sites into positions available in your site instead of utilizing the talent they have in-house. When positions become available that we have plenty of talented and qualified people to fill, they prefer to look at other cantidates at other sites and move them in. Most of our senior management are from other sites, and a good number of our immediate supervisors as well. All of our trainers come from other sites, and when those coveted positions open up, they immediately look away from our site. It is just confusing to me that they can't at least consider in-house talent.

Advice to Management

To stop pulling people from other sites to fill openings in our site. We have some very qualified and talented people that would love to have these positions and we are not even in the running.

9. Still a great Company to work for.

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

Pros

work life balance. Management is very understanding.

Cons

With the recent changes, communications have almost stopped. We used to be notified about changes or decisions before the press, and I know find out about them in the news.

Advice to Management

Communicate with us like Ken Thompson did...before I hear about on my way home or at 11 pm.

10. Hard Work but it Pays Off

Current Employee - Licensed Financial Specialist
    Current Employee - Licensed Financial Specialist

Pros

New to the West Coast great potential for career advancement

Cons

High sales goals, obtainable but not on a consistence basis with a lot of hard work

Advice to Management

I think senior management is doing what they can to stay in touch with everyone underneath them. they have big territories

11. Wachovia is a great bank to work for.

Current Employee - Financial Specialist in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Specialist in Miami, FL

Pros

It is a great company to grow with and has many benefits compared to other large banks in the industry.

Cons

You many times work past a regular forty hour work week and do not get paid overtime.

Advice to Management

To find a better way to communicate information.

RSS Feed </> Embed