Wachtell Lipton

www.wlrk.com
Profile Unclaimed

Wachtell Lipton Reviews

Updated February 9, 2015
Updated February 9, 2015
5 Reviews
4.4
5 Reviews
Rating Trends

Recommend to a friend
Approve of CEO
(no image)
Edward D. Herlihy
1 Rating

Employee Reviews

Sort: Popular Rating Date
  1.  

    Unbelievable Learning Experience

    Former Intern - Paralegal Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Paralegal Intern in New York, NY

    I worked at Wachtell Lipton as an intern (less than a year)

    Pros

    Extremely friendly and open. Good training and a good introduction to litigation. Speaker series helps to understand what being a young associate entails.

    Cons

    Sometimes may be slow for the interns.

  2.  

    Unparalleled responsibility, respect and compensation

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee

    I have been working at Wachtell Lipton full-time

    Pros

    Early responsibility and exposure at the very highest level. Immediate respect from clients and peers. Unparalleled compensation among law firms.

    Cons

    Long hours, but there's no way to avoid that when you have significant responsibility and work for sophisticated clients. I never felt like anyone at the firm was unnecessarily generating work demands.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    They know what they're doing.

    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO
  3.  

    Only the best and brightest are hired

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

    I worked at Wachtell Lipton full-time (more than 10 years)

    Pros

    Great learning experience, opportunities for growth, unmatched compensation

    Cons

    Long hours, demanding work environment

    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
  4. Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Review


  5. 1 person found this helpful  

    Varied from great attorneys to absolute nutbars!

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Floating Legal Secretary in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Floating Legal Secretary in New York, NY

    I worked at Wachtell Lipton full-time (more than a year)

    Pros

    I worked there for a year as a floater legal secretary. There is good training in place and a pretty good support staff around you. The people who are there are generally very smart and accomplished. Some of the partners are fantastic people, generous and very human.

    Cons

    While about 80% of the people are great, the remaining 20% are nightmares. Neurotic, no empathy, no understanding of what their assistants do or the problems that exist in the firm on the technical side. These folks could care less about anything other than what they've got on their plate. They act entitled and expect to be served in a manner that befits the impression. (That's my opinion - I also suspect that some of these folks aren't happy in their lives, but that's just my impression.)

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Let HR actually do the job of supporting the secretaries and support staff, not acting as managements' tool for punishment.

    Doesn't Recommend
    Neutral Outlook
    No opinion of CEO
  6.  

    Great part time job

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Data Steward in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Data Steward in New York, NY

    I worked at Wachtell Lipton

    Pros

    Wachtell Lipton is undoubted one of the most prestigious names in law. My time there led to other opportunities as well as a great work experience.

    Cons

    Most of the downside is the number of hours / volume of work there. My part time job had none of this, so there weren't many cons for me.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Keep doing what you're doing.

    Recommends
    Approves of CEO

Work at Wachtell Lipton? Share Your Experiences

Wachtell Lipton

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.